"War Horse"

Bigfish

"War Horse"
« on: 27 Dec 2011, 02:22 pm »
Guys:

I submitted a post yesterday about taking my mom, 80, to see "War Horse" at her request.  There was one response on the topic that I found to be offensive and the only option I could select was to eliminate the whole topic.  I apologize to those that responded with comments that no one would find offensive.

Anyway "War Horse" was a beautiful film which I think accurately portrayed conditions in Europe leading up to World War I.  It also realistically portrayed World War I as a brutal conflict which it was by all historical accounts I have read.  My mom and I both thought that while the film was well done it moved a little slowly.  My rating is 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Ken

goldlizsts

• Let Music Flow!
Re: "War Horse"
« Reply #1 on: 30 Dec 2011, 05:02 am »
Guys:

I submitted a post yesterday about taking my mom, 80, to see "War Horse" at her request.  There was one response on the topic that I found to be offensive and the only option I could select was to eliminate the whole topic.  I apologize to those that responded with comments that no one would find offensive.

Anyway "War Horse" was a beautiful film which I think accurately portrayed conditions in Europe leading up to World War I.  It also realistically portrayed World War I as a brutal conflict which it was by all historical accounts I have read.  My mom and I both thought that while the film was well done it moved a little slowly.  My rating is 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Ken

I thought it's just another feel-good Disney movie, quite well made though, typical Spielberg?  Was the story for real that there was such a miracle horse, I thought.  3.5 stars OK.

soundbitten1

« Reply #2 on: 30 Dec 2011, 07:07 pm »
 A 3.5 rating is about a C ? That wouldn't be a very good recommendation.

goldlizsts

• Let Music Flow!
« Reply #3 on: 30 Dec 2011, 09:04 pm »
A 3.5 rating is about a C ? That wouldn't be a very good recommendation.

All right, 3.9. :D