Miracle

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Miracle
« on: 4 May 2004, 03:34 am »
I just caught this a couple nites ago at the local cheap theater, and it was much better than I thought it would be.  Kurt Russell turns in a really remarkable performance in this one- I thought it would tough to imagine him as something other than an action star, but he was completely convincing as the coach, right down to a very credible midwest accent.

For those who haven't heard of this one, it's a Disney movie about the man who assembled and coached the "miracle team" that beat the Soviet mens hockey team in the '80 Olympics.  They went on to win the the first Gold medal that the US had one in hockey in two decades.

They do a remarkable job building suspense.  Even though I watched those games as a kid I still found myself wondering if they could do it!  :lol:   Highly recommended.

klh

Miracle
« Reply #1 on: 8 May 2004, 11:49 am »
I second the notion. I'm not a hockey guy, but I do like sports. The thing that I find interesting is you don't have to even like sports to be completely (even emotionally) involved in the movie; that's very similar to the way it was when it happened in real life, and the fact that the moviemakers recreated that in a time that the cold war is an afterthought is testament to how well it was made.  It's good for all ages.