The AT 1's have arived

youravhandyman

The AT 1's have arived
« on: 24 Dec 2011, 08:26 pm »
So I've been extremely excited to get the Atlantic Technology AT 1's.  Every show I've seen them at they have just been impressive.  They sport a nearly flat frequency curve down to 29hz which I found impressive from a pair of 5 1/4".  And full retail is $3k so these are reasonably affordable.

They arrive by courier from my distributor and I commence to assembly.  These baby's were well packed.  Double boxed and insulated.  Over 20lbs of packing on each one.  Suffice to say, neither one was damaged in shipping.  Small outriggers and spikes installed easily so vertical the go for the first time.  One last packing item to remove, the cloth bag that they shipped in, and I behold a very well built speaker for the price.  Once nice touch to add was the glass tops (included) so no accidental cup rings or scratches from CD cases. So there they stand in all their black metallic glory.  I rushed them into the overpacked family room to hook them up.

So...this is where it all starts to suck.  First, all I have right now to drive them is my 10 year old Onkyo receiver.  I thought this would be a plus.  Only, not so much.  Pain in the ass to get the receiver to "large" speaker mode.  So I did this and...no difference.  Gawd, what now?  So I try the B channel with different wire which explains the tiny 16 guage that you see in the images.  Still no bass. 

So part B of this review will await part B product announcement upon arrival.  I'm open to suggestions about this receiver issue.  It's the TXDS777.

Matt

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
Re: The AT 1's have arived
« Reply #1 on: 24 Dec 2011, 08:43 pm »
Is the front panel SP/SYS SETUP set to "AllChForTHX=YES" ?

youravhandyman

« Reply #2 on: 24 Dec 2011, 09:15 pm »
It was initially.  I switched it to off so that I had the option to change the speaker size and setup information.  Both set A and B were switched to "large" but it made no difference with the sound coming from the speakers.  I would have never known that I had any issue since the Polk setup that I used in there always had the sub running.

My main AV rig isn't really set up to accommodate any speaker changes beyond soundbar or satellite speakers due to wire length and stupidly tight work spaces.

bummrush

« Reply #3 on: 24 Dec 2011, 09:33 pm »
Nice nice and nice again . Might not be anywhere near your speakers, but since I found out about Clements audio etc I've tried to find out all I can about Phil Clements. I have a pair of 207 di's and they arent going anywhere. AT Is shortly coming out with a book shelve model which I would love to hear.
Here's to you and many hours of happiness.

bummrush

« Reply #4 on: 24 Dec 2011, 09:39 pm »
Get some good amplification and prepare for some awful good sound don't short change yourselve when you have such quality speakers.

electricbear

« Reply #5 on: 24 Dec 2011, 10:01 pm »
Try rebooting the power on your receiver. I've seen Integras with a similar issue on sub and speaker adjustments that got resolved with a repowering.

youravhandyman

« Reply #6 on: 24 Dec 2011, 11:27 pm »
@ Bummrush
I will have the AT 2's on display when they are available too.  And believe me, I won't be shorting myself on amplification.  Just have to collect on a couple of invoices before I place an order.  Amp and source devices will be from a name that is very well represented on this forum.  Pending dealer agreements and such.
I have a pro amp that I'll try off of the pre outs later and update things here.

@Tim
Power cycle didn't change anything.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

bummrush

« Reply #7 on: 24 Dec 2011, 11:35 pm »
I'm guessing Bryston but surely could be way off .

youravhandyman

« Reply #8 on: 25 Dec 2011, 12:45 am »
 :D