Homepage setting

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
Re: Homepage setting
« Reply #20 on: 29 Dec 2011, 05:54 pm »
Hi Gil,

You can check the password via the front panel controls by pushing the up arrow button twice.  Pushing it once should show the firmware version and on the second push, it should show the existing password.  If the display does not show anything or shows "dhcp" (without quotes) then you should use the "Reset To Factory" feature.  This can be done by pushing the down arrow until you reach "Reset To Factory" and then pushing the right arrow.

Chris

gil99

« Reply #21 on: 29 Dec 2011, 07:38 pm »
Hi James,
I havetried to save a playlist with google chrome and firefox using either max or mini but have the same result.  As you tell mein a previous post must be a network issue but can't figure out what to for or where.  When saving a playlist, actually where does it save itself, on the drive of the bdp-1 or on the network drive.

Gil

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #22 on: 29 Dec 2011, 07:46 pm »
Hi James,
I havetried to save a playlist with google chrome and firefox using either max or mini but have the same result.  As you tell mein a previous post must be a network issue but can't figure out what to for or where.  When saving a playlist, actually where does it save itself, on the drive of the bdp-1 or on the network drive.

Gil

Hi Gil,

The playlist is stored on the internal Flashcard in the BDP-1. If that file is corrupted resetting the BDP-1 to 'Factory Settings' might help - have you tried that?

james

gil99

« Reply #23 on: 29 Dec 2011, 10:15 pm »
Hi Gil,

You can check the password via the front panel controls by pushing the up arrow button twice.  Pushing it once should show the firmware version and on the second push, it should show the existing password.  If the display does not show anything or shows "dhcp" (without quotes) then you should use the "Reset To Factory" feature.  This can be done by pushing the down arrow until you reach "Reset To Factory" and then pushing the right arrow.

Chris
Hi Chris,
The display shows in fact dhcp, so I did what you suggest and reset it to factory.  Try to save a playlist with mpod (ipod touch) but still not working.  Try it with chrome using max and still dosn`t work.  Also in chrome with bryston homepage, open up setting, enter password (bryston, bryston) and it give me the following Internal server error, The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.  My BDP-1 is connected to modem-router through a D-Link DHP-307AV if it could be of any help to solve the problem.  I can control the BDP-1 with the ipod, max or mini with no problem but can't save a playlist or get to the bryston setting from the homepage.  Thank you.

Gil

gil99

« Reply #24 on: 30 Dec 2011, 12:00 am »
Hi James, Chris
I decided to try your mancave option and connect a router (d-link 1310) directly to the BDP-1 (not on the network anymore).  Get the connection on my ipod right away, open mpod, no problem controlling the BDP-1, try to save a playlist but again unable to save it.  Write down the name to be save and find myself stuck in this screen, hit done, save, cancel nothing happening, have to close mpod completely then open it back to browse and control the BDP-1.  I can edit, clear the playlist but not save one.  Thanks

Gil

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #25 on: 30 Dec 2011, 12:18 am »
Hi James, Chris
I decided to try your mancave option and connect a router (d-link 1310) directly to the BDP-1 (not on the network anymore).  Get the connection on my ipod right away, open mpod, no problem controlling the BDP-1, try to save a playlist but again unable to save it.  Write down the name to be save and find myself stuck in this screen, hit done, save, cancel nothing happening, have to close mpod completely then open it back to browse and control the BDP-1.  I can edit, clear the playlist but not save one.  Thanks

Gil

Hi Gil

I think we should send you a new flash card. Mpod has an issue in the recent version saving a plaaylist.

James

gil99

« Reply #26 on: 30 Dec 2011, 12:49 am »
Wil you send it to my home or to my dealer.  Thank you for your patience.

Gil

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #27 on: 30 Dec 2011, 12:51 am »
Wil you send it to my home or to my dealer.  Thank you for your patience.

Gil

No Gil - thank you for your patience - it should not be this hard   :duh:

Which would you prefer - you have to remove the top to insert the new flash card.

James

gil99

« Reply #28 on: 30 Dec 2011, 12:54 am »
Wil you send it to my home or to my dealer.  Thank you for your time helping me out.  P.S. I have access the homepage with safari with my ipod and use mini2 but unable to save a playlist from there also and cannot access the setting option also.

Gil

Marius

« Reply #29 on: 6 Jan 2012, 07:58 pm »
Hi James,

sorry for not responding quicker, but was on a short holiday at the Sea. Got blown away for 4 days, so back again.

Everything working again, after following  the suggestion of taking out and re-inserting the mains power cord into the outlet again.

Happy New Year!

Marius
 ps still confronted with the unsupported_fs message....I believe the difference between partitioning and erasing as ms-dos (fat32) has something to do with this. have a third Passport that does not give me this error message. Will be back on that.

Hi Marius,

Not that I know of - I have 30,000 songs on 2 attached harddrives at this point - how many do you have?

james