OK, I gotta ask - Subbies Vs amps

oz_audio_todd

OK, I gotta ask - Subbies Vs amps
« on: 16 Dec 2011, 09:25 am »
Hey Danny, I find myself confused at the mo and was hoping u could help me out:
Currently you are advertising a 600w plate amp to run 2 x 8ohm woofers that you dont seem to sell any more??
Also, you have 2 different sizes of 16 ohm subbies that are supposed to be able to triple up to run off a single amp, none of which seem to have 'triple' as a purchasing option??
Am I missing something here??
Thanks Danny

Danny Richie

Re: OK, I gotta ask - Subbies Vs amps
« Reply #1 on: 16 Dec 2011, 09:39 pm »
Hey Danny, I find myself confused at the mo and was hoping u could help me out:
Currently you are advertising a 600w plate amp to run 2 x 8ohm woofers that you dont seem to sell any more??

I sold out of the 8 ohm woofers. At one point we were selling a pair of those woofers to be used with a single amp. Future dual woofer designs will use the 4 ohm woofer and the new amps will have multi channel capabilities allowing two or three amplifier channels to be used with one servo controller.

Also, you have 2 different sizes of 16 ohm subbies that are supposed to be able to triple up to run off a single amp, none of which seem to have 'triple' as a purchasing option??
Am I missing something here??

Each of those woofers have a quantity button on their page that will allow you to order as many of them as you'd like.

oz_audio_todd

« Reply #2 on: 17 Dec 2011, 02:48 am »
hahaha, thats funny Danny, but I was wondering about the option to buy the amps with the option to run triple subs   :lol:
So what will you do with the 600w amps then?

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 17 Dec 2011, 04:17 am »
hahaha, thats funny Danny, but I was wondering about the option to buy the amps with the option to run triple subs   :lol:
So what will you do with the 600w amps then?

The 600 watt amp was for pairs of the SW-12-08's. Those amps are currently not in stock so I really just need to remove that option of ordering them.

Three of the SW-12-16FR's can be well driven by one A370 amp. It is all the power they need in an open baffle.

oz_audio_todd

« Reply #4 on: 17 Dec 2011, 07:53 am »
Well that works out well with the 600's out of stock and the 8 ohms gone then :)
But the A370 only seems to be available for sale with a single woofer, or twin woofer version (for and extra $10), so if you wanted to run the triple woofers, would you order the amp as a single or dual woofer version?

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #5 on: 17 Dec 2011, 03:48 pm »
Well that works out well with the 600's out of stock and the 8 ohms gone then :)
But the A370 only seems to be available for sale with a single woofer, or twin woofer version (for and extra $10), so if you wanted to run the triple woofers, would you order the amp as a single or dual woofer version?

I would recommend learning more about basic audio circuits.  Multiple drivers can be connected multiple ways.  The dual output wiring on the PEQ370 is merely a convenience.  Even if you have the single output wiring version you can still connect it to multiple subs.

Danny Richie

« Reply #6 on: 17 Dec 2011, 04:57 pm »

The extra $10 gets you a wiring harness that makes it easy to not make a wiring error. Red to red, black to black...

You can run three of the SW-12-16FR woofers on that amp no problem. You have to series all of the sensing coils and parallel all of the driver coils.

oz_audio_todd

« Reply #7 on: 17 Dec 2011, 10:58 pm »
Oh OK, that makes sense, thanks Danny  :)
So 2 last quick Q's then:
1) that means that there is really no need for for the extra $10 option if you are careful with your wiring?
2) and I think this has been covered previously, but that amp isnt really suitable to run 4 x 16ohm subs is it?

Danny Richie

« Reply #8 on: 18 Dec 2011, 05:02 am »
1) that means that there is really no need for for the extra $10 option if you are careful with your wiring?

Right.

The DCR is actually 13 ohms so 4 of them would drop it to the 3 ohm range.