good dealers still possible

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
good dealers still possible
« on: 14 Dec 2011, 12:29 am »
 James ,just want to say that Bryston has a good dealer team here in Vancouver. My thanks to John, James and Dennis for their professional advice and guidance.  If anyone needs Bryston stuff here,these are honest people to see.  :thumb:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: good dealers still possible
« Reply #1 on: 14 Dec 2011, 12:35 am »
James ,just want to say that Bryston has a good dealer team here in Vancouver. My thanks to John, James and Dennis for their professional advice and guidance.  If anyone needs Bryston stuff here,these are honest people to see.  :thumb:

Yes I agree. They have been our dealer for over 30 years :thumb:

James

robb

« Reply #2 on: 14 Dec 2011, 04:57 am »
Another great dealer is here in Dallas. Tim Jerome of Rennaisance has been most accomodating to me, and is a true music lover and audiophile.

Rob

spinner

« Reply #3 on: 15 Dec 2011, 12:04 am »
 This is good too hear in this time of changes. :weights:

robb

« Reply #4 on: 15 Dec 2011, 02:31 am »
And then there is the venerable Audio Consultants in Chicago. They have about 5 stores, with large demo rooms. Not sure, but I believe the company is about 40 years old and still going strong.  They were invaluable to me when I lived in Chicago.

Rob

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #5 on: 15 Dec 2011, 03:05 am »
And then there is the venerable Audio Consultants in Chicago. They have about 5 stores, with large demo rooms. Not sure, but I believe the company is about 40 years old and still going strong.  They were invaluable to me when I lived in Chicago.

Rob

Yes - a great dealer - been with us since the beginning  :thumb:

James

1ZIP

« Reply #6 on: 15 Dec 2011, 03:46 am »
Have always had positive experiences with Fred's in Portland.

ralph1950

« Reply #7 on: 15 Dec 2011, 03:58 pm »
While not really being a dealer but an installer and builder of audio/video cabinetry only, I have always recommended Bryston gear to customers who wanted more than the run of the mill receiver in their system.  I go as far as  loaning my own gear out for a real in home  listen!  I use to send folks to a local dealer who dropped the Bryston line for no good reason other that to sell Dennon.
The problem here in Oklahoma is there are not allot of audiophiles compared to the Dallas Fort worth area.  Nor are their too many folks who do a real Home theater or Listening room.  Most are family rooms with big screens and in-wall speakers.  I am working on a proposal for a person   who wants a small dedicated  theater room, but still can't see the difference of a Bryston over Rotel seperates, or Onkyo. ???
Why would any person spend 15K. on wood and carpet but only 1500. on the heart of the system?  I never could figure that out.  Like putting General mfg. tires on the new Ferrari.

spinner

« Reply #8 on: 15 Dec 2011, 04:12 pm »
 This often is the outlook of many folks even in the hi-f- 2channel world. I-pods are the thing here but so many who want good sound are not really serious enough to learn what that is. This gets me into a lot of debates {arguments} when I mention the cost of my Bryston gear. I only hope there are enough of "US" around to keep our serious dealers in business. Hats off to all of the them everywhere who stand for the cause and purpose of good equipment. :weights: :thankyou:

ralph1950

« Reply #9 on: 15 Dec 2011, 07:12 pm »
Well, Once you have heard the good stuff, it is hard to back track.  I remember a sales person that use to demo high end components first, then  the budget minded lines.  Most people could then understand.  It was easier he said to explain why the lower gear did not sound as good rather than explain the $$$ difference.  And people always look at the $$$ first.

Alpha10

« Reply #10 on: 15 Dec 2011, 08:22 pm »
A quick vote from the UK, David Falkner from Frank Harvey hifi, could not be more knowledgeable and helpful, without ever being pushy, it is a plesure to deal with someone who is actually a hifi nut in their own right, who gets excited about all the cool new stuff we all do, rather than it just being a job..

Cheers

nomeans

« Reply #11 on: 15 Dec 2011, 09:24 pm »
Have always had positive experiences with Fred's in Portland.

Same here! Bill and Will are awesome. They're the only place I shop at. Good/honest sales staff!

BrystonFan

« Reply #12 on: 15 Dec 2011, 10:33 pm »
In the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), my vote goes to Audio One.
Anthony, Gino and Carlo are the band of brothers who started this hi quality shop over 25 years ago!
Excellent service, no pressure tactics, great listening rooms and intelligent employees who share our passion!  :thumb: :thumb:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #13 on: 15 Dec 2011, 11:00 pm »
In the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), my vote goes to Audio One.
Anthony, Gino and Carlo are the band of brothers who started this hi quality shop over 25 years ago!
Excellent service, no pressure tactics, great listening rooms and intelligent employees who share our passion!  :thumb: :thumb:

I agree - interesting side note - I owned a hi-end audio store in Toronto in the mid 70's and sold Anthony his first pair of Magnepan speakers :thumb:

james

SoundGame

« Reply #14 on: 16 Dec 2011, 12:51 am »
I agree - interesting side note - I owned a hi-end audio store in Toronto in the mid 70's and sold Anthony his first pair of Magnepan speakers :thumb:

james

James - do you remember the model?  And, did you give him a discount off MSRP?... :icon_lol:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #15 on: 16 Dec 2011, 01:06 am »

James - do you remember the model?  And, did you give him a discount off MSRP?... :icon_lol:

I think MG1 - full list :thumb:

James

won ton on

« Reply #16 on: 16 Dec 2011, 02:02 am »
James-what was the name of your store

SoundGame

« Reply #17 on: 16 Dec 2011, 02:41 am »
James-what was the name of your store

And - where in Toronto was it located?  As well, what were your brands and did you carry Bryston at your store before you ended up working there?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #18 on: 16 Dec 2011, 04:05 am »

And - where in Toronto was it located?  As well, what were your brands and did you carry Bryston at your store before you ended up working there?

It was called Whitby Audio in Whitby Ontario - just outside Toronto (still there different owner).  carried all the good stuff - Magnepan, Audio Research, Time Window, Bryston, Sequerra, Dalquest, Conrad Johnston, KEF, Quad, etc.

james

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #19 on: 16 Dec 2011, 04:13 am »
It was called Whitby Audio in Whitby Ontario - just outside Toronto (still there different owner).  carried all the good stuff - Magnepan, Audio Research, Time Window, Bryston, Sequerra, Dalquest, Conrad Johnston, KEF, Quad, etc.

james

Big BIG discounts? :wink:

D.D.