Room Partner Bongiorno wins a Product of the Year Award for AMPZILLA 2000

John Casler

Congratulations to our ROOM PARTNER in Vegas, one James (the amp legend) Bongiorno, for his being awarded a PRODUCT OF THE YEAR AWARD, for his revised AMPZILLA 2000 Second Edition.

We will be using the AMPZILLA 2000's to power our RM50 Dual Array Bipoles in Vegas at the The HOME ENTERTAINMENT SHOW.

For more information: LOOK HERE

ricmon

Hello John.  Will this up grade be offered to current SOA 2000 owners?

thanks
Ric

John Casler

Hello John.  Will this up grade be offered to current SOA 2000 owners?

thanks
Ric

Hi Ric,

I'll check with James and report back.

John Casler

Hi Ric,

Since the changes to the Second Edition are apparantly significant the upgrade costs $1250 each.

ricmon

Hi Ric,

Since the changes to the Second Edition are apparantly significant the upgrade costs $1250 each.

Have you heard the new amps (ok that's redundant)?  If so what's your impression?

btw.....$1250 maybe not so bad if there is a significant jump in performance.

Ric

John Casler

Hi Ric,

Yes, I have heard the Second Editions and they are spectacular and deserve the Product of the Year Award.  I spent a lot of time with them in the VMPS Room at THE Show in Newport last June and with the RM30s they were great!!

However, the previous versions was also great, and I "have not" A-B'd them to hear the specific differences.

Rocket

Hi John,

Have the second edition ampzillas been recently modified?  or are you referring to the improvements that were made a couple of years.  It isn't a feasible anyway for me because shipping to a from Australia to the US would be about $2000US.

They are a very nice sounding amplifier though.  I also heard that there might be a new more affordable preamplifier that is going into production.

Regards Rod

ricmon

Hey John, I am seriously considering the upgrade.  Where do I send it and what's the turn around time on the upgrade.

thanks
Ric

jhm731

Congrats to Mr. Bongiorno.

How's his health?

John Casler

Hey John, I am seriously considering the upgrade.  Where do I send it and what's the turn around time on the upgrade.

thanks
Ric

Hi Ric,

Let me know when you might be doing it and I will get you a RA# and address.

James says it normally takes 2-3 weeks, but with Vegas coming right up, that may lengthen substantially.

John Casler

How's his health?

I'll let you know when I see him in Vegas in a coupla weeks.

ricmon

John thanks for the feed back.  I'll wait to you guys finish up in Vegas then I'll get in touch about the upgrade.

thx
Ric

John Casler

Ric,

Maybe you should come to VEGAS and talk to James in person.  :thumb:   He is always fun to talk with. 

John Casler

How's his health?

While a little late, I was looking through some posts and realized I had not responded as promised.

James is actually feeling well and better than last year.

He is psyched about his recent Editors Choice Award from Absolute Sound.

He is introducing a new Son of AMPZILLA Second Edition at a new Price Point $2495, and a companion Preamp (Phoebe I think) that will be the same price and include a DAC!!!

There is also "rumor" of a new Power Conditioner of which I know NOTHING except it is being heavily considered.

« Last Edit: 20 Feb 2012, 08:04 pm by John Casler »

Hipper

Surely that isn't James Bongiorno in the photo?

It must be an imposter as James wouldn't be seen in such subdued clothing.

rbbert

I owned a Phoebe (the original) for many years.  :D

jhm731

While a little late, I was looking through some posts and realized I had not responded as promised.

James is actually feeling well and better than last year.

Thanks for the update, that's great news.