Cowboys and Aliens

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Cowboys and Aliens
« on: 7 Dec 2011, 01:19 am »
Good movie, biggest sleeper of the year IMO. This movie is great scifi/great western/Adventure/Action everything and I think its quite good. Any body else see this!!!!
 I give it a 8.5, I'd should write 9 but I have only screened it once.....starting again...gotta run!!!!  :dance:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Re: Cowboys and Aliens
« Reply #1 on: 7 Dec 2011, 02:59 am »
Looked interesting when originally released not that long ago, noted an ad that it's available in stores next week. Figured I'd pick it up, probably a good pardner for Serenity. Don't spoil the end now and tell us who wins.  :lol:   8)

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #2 on: 7 Dec 2011, 03:37 am »
I've never seen it, Ed.  Looks fun, though.  :thumb:

Is it worth buying?

Jon L

« Reply #3 on: 7 Dec 2011, 04:02 am »
Quote from: ArthurDent
Figured I'd pick it up, probably a good pardner for Serenity. Don't spoil the end now and tell us who wins.  :lol:   8)

Although Cowbys and Aliens is a fun romp, Serenity really is something else for my tastes  :thumb:

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #4 on: 7 Dec 2011, 04:13 am »
I'm a huge Serenity Fan, this film is different. I bought it-Amazon release day shipping is my way of steppin out. I get UPS around 6 PM make dinner and watch the new release. I try to do it every Tuesday I can....LOL....yep..I have no life but I laugh alot!!!!!!!
 She ain't Wilde for nothing!!!  Good flick....I'm surprised actually I didn't see a bunch of good reports. I love anything sci-fi though so...I have a bunch on the way,   APES and then whatever, and whatever....LOL...This movie has a freaky monster with a real scary face but alot like a few others.....monsters, Aliens are starting to carry a universal look to some extent. The monster in this and in "Battle LA" share a few of the same weird OMG original looks.
 :thumb:

jeffreybehr

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 7 Dec 2011, 06:31 pm »
I saw and enjoyed it three times in theaters and probably will buy it on Blu.

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #6 on: 7 Dec 2011, 09:14 pm »
I saw it, and i would recommend it to anyone. Whites & Indians fighting against aliens, really nice. 

mightym

« Reply #7 on: 7 Dec 2011, 11:07 pm »
Saw this one in the theater, with a decent sound system too...

Harrison Ford starts out as an unloveable a$$, Daniel Craig as an innocent, who is not so innocent, Olivia Wilde, what a beauty, I didn't tweak that she was an alien too until she " rose from the dead "

Cowboys and Indians meets Science Fiction for sure, with a happy ending too.

I'd give it three thumbs up, but I only have 2

chrisby

« Reply #8 on: 7 Dec 2011, 11:21 pm »

Harrison Ford starts out as an unloveable a$$, Daniel Craig as an innocent, who is not so innocent, Olivia Wilde, what a beauty, I didn't tweak that she was an alien too until she " rose from the dead "

well, with Olivia's inspiration, we might all have an extra (short term of course)

drjjpdc

« Reply #9 on: 14 Dec 2011, 04:32 am »

2++ mightym, I totally agree. Look, let's admit it, this is a guy movie basically and it has cowboys, indians, sci-fi, old west guns, space blasters, plus action/adventure. What's not to like?  :duh:

Don_S

« Reply #10 on: 14 Dec 2011, 05:11 am »
Thanks for the spoiler.  I really appreciate it.  :shh:

ajzepp

« Reply #11 on: 14 Dec 2011, 05:51 am »
Wow, I guess I'm in the minority here...Save for the last twenty mins, I was bored to tears. You had three of my favorite actors here, and I didn't think any of them had a decent part. With all the charisma that Harrison Ford, Daniel Craig, and Sam Rockwell bring to the table, there wasn't a single memorable moment for me. I'm a sucker for a good alien flick (and occasionally even a bad alien flick), but this one didn't really live up to expectations for me.

I'm glad the rest of you guys enjoyed it, though! And MightyM, remind me to never read a movie thread that you've posted in when I haven't seen the film! Geesh man, how bout some SPOILER TAGS  :duh:

DeadFish

« Reply #12 on: 14 Dec 2011, 11:30 am »
60 year old fan weaned on sci fi before I could read. 
Selective reader, worse on movies.   
Cowboys and Aliens not BEST movie, but I paid money at show and never regretted it.  Quite a bit of fun, and let it go at that.  Previous statements on character actors agreed with and appreciated the flips on them, as the movie traveled. 
Concept fun to cogitate.
See it.

Best Regards,
DeadFish

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #13 on: 14 Dec 2011, 02:08 pm »
Watched this over the weekend with my 7 and 10 year old boys and my wife.

It was predictable and obvious, but everybody was still generally entertained.  I think it is all about expectations going into the movie.  Personally, I wasn't expecting any real character development or or strong story-line, so when it wasn't there, I wasn't disappointed.

It was slow at points and could have been better paced, but when the action happened it was fairly well done.

Overall, I would rate it between 2 1/2 - 3 stars out of 5.

George

Barry_NJ

• So much media... So little time...
« Reply #14 on: 21 Dec 2011, 04:11 am »
And MightyM, remind me to never read a movie thread that you've posted in when I haven't seen the film! Geesh man, how bout some SPOILER TAGS  :duh:

+100

Cacophonix

« Reply #15 on: 21 Dec 2011, 04:57 am »
I'd say its about 2.5 stars ... Spielberg/Ford are -fast- losing their standing as far as i'm concerned. Indy Jones 4, Transformers  :duh: :duh: and now this. To be fair, this is not as bad but still cheesy.

Folsom

« Reply #16 on: 23 Dec 2011, 03:14 am »
Boring.