Amazon Kindle Fire

JoshK

Amazon Kindle Fire
« on: 3 Dec 2011, 02:35 am »
Does anyone know if the Kindle Fire can be used as a remote for SB Center like the Apple Iphones and Ipads can?  I was thinking of getting one and would like to use it for a remote.

Woodsea

Re: Amazon Kindle Fire
« Reply #1 on: 3 Dec 2011, 02:55 am »
The fire only has wifi.  Not blu-tooth.  Plus, I have no idea what SB remote is.  Just about anything android can be side-loaded onto the fire, weather it works or not is hit or miss. 
I really like our Kindle Fire.

shadowlight

« Reply #2 on: 3 Dec 2011, 02:58 am »
I am not sure about Kindle Fire but on my Android smartphone I installed Squeezebox Remote and I am able to queue up things on my touch using that: https://androidmarket.googleusercontent.com/android/market/com.logitech.squeezeboxremote/hi-78-9

JoshK

« Reply #3 on: 3 Dec 2011, 03:00 am »
I know it uses Android software.

AVnerdguy

« Reply #4 on: 3 Dec 2011, 03:21 am »
I know it uses Android software.

If it uses Android OS then it will. I downloaded Squeeze Commander v0.9.6.4 from the SlideME apps site to control the SBT with a cheapo Pandigital reader. $5.00 and it's great. Has many more features than the free app.

JoshK

« Reply #5 on: 3 Dec 2011, 03:48 am »
ok, looks like I'm the early adopter

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #6 on: 3 Dec 2011, 03:56 am »
If it uses Android OS then it will. I downloaded Squeeze Commander v0.9.6.4 from the SlideME apps site to control the SBT with a cheapo Pandigital reader. $5.00 and it's great. Has many more features than the free app.

I'll also vouch for Squeeze Commander. :thumb: I now use a Smart Phone as my SB3 remote. It works great. All the control I need. Displays the album artwork on a high resolution screen :).
Probably deserves its own thread.

Wayne1

« Reply #7 on: 4 Jan 2012, 06:40 pm »
I just downloaded Squeeze Commander form slideme.org to my Kindle Fire. It really enhances the use of my Squeezeboxes.

Highly recommended.

I did start a thread about it here.

jaw5279

« Reply #8 on: 15 Jan 2012, 01:31 am »
Big thumbs up for Squeeze Commander on the Fire.  It works well!

firedog

« Reply #9 on: 15 Jan 2012, 08:02 am »
Does anyone know if the Kindle Fire can be used as a remote for SB Center like the Apple Iphones and Ipads can?  I was thinking of getting one and would like to use it for a remote.

Look over at http://forums.slimdevices.com/

they have a thread on the topic there. Hint: Yes, it can be made to work

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
« Reply #10 on: 15 Jan 2012, 08:14 pm »
Got one of these for Christmas.  :thumb: got my self a cloud account with unlimited music storage and i am in the process of uploading all my music to the cloud drive. been at it since 8 jan. and have 38011tracks on 326 albums buy 302 artists. the amazon cloud uploader searched my music file and started uploading. kinda slow. but what i find strange is the fact that it is uplading by album name rather then artist.  only 30000 more tracks to go.  :duh:

bamboo

« Reply #11 on: 24 Jan 2012, 07:51 pm »
Got one of these for Christmas.  :thumb: got my self a cloud account with unlimited music storage and i am in the process of uploading all my music to the cloud drive. been at it since 8 jan. and have 38011tracks on 326 albums buy 302 artists. the amazon cloud uploader searched my music file and started uploading. kinda slow. but what i find strange is the fact that it is uplading by album name rather then artist.  only 30000 more tracks to go.  :duh:

how long does it take to upload a track?