Cryo Treating - Batch One

Scott F.

« on: 29 Apr 2004, 03:45 am »
Hi Guys,

I finally got back with the local guys (well local to me, they're in Sullivan) who do the cryo treating and got some pricing. Basically the cost is $9.75 per pound. They give an addtional 10% discount at each additional 10 pound increment. To give you an example just in case my fingers have become disconnected from my brain;

<10lbs $9.75/lb
<20lbs $8.78/lb
<30lbs $8.29/lb and so on

I'm planning to take my first load up late next week (Friday). I'm taking a set of lawnmower blades (audiophile blades of course), some razor blades, golf balls (I know it's illegal but my handicap is like 30 so it doesn't matter), some cables, power cords, and some tubes.

If you guys are interested, I'd be happy to include your stuff in with mine. If you can't make it out to my place this weekend maybe we could meet for lunch somewhere. I work (basically) at the intersection of Hwy 40 and Ladue Road.

If you are interested either drop me a PM or jsut respond to this post. I can email you my daytime phone number and we can work out somewhere to meet up.

Oh, for those worried about the vendor and process. These guys bought a cryo machine. This is one of the fully automated machines sort of like a big chest freezer. This definately isn't some guys with a big jug of liquid nitrogen in his garage. These guys are a full blown machine/manufacturing shop that produce parts for race motors.
Ace Manufacturing is the name of the company.
http://www.ace-mfg.com

Heres the link to the catalog. You can download it and take a peak at the cryo tank.
http://www.ace-mfg.com/aceracingcatalog2004.pdf

Let me know if you are interested.

steve k

« Reply #1 on: 29 Apr 2004, 10:22 pm »
Scott,
Will it help if I throw my whole set of golf clubs in?
steve :wink:

drummerwill

What no Tubes?
« Reply #2 on: 30 Apr 2004, 09:22 pm »
Scott
    Take a couple of 45's too!

Willie[/img]

sturgus

« Reply #3 on: 30 Apr 2004, 10:51 pm »
Hey Scott,
I have a few tubes that I will send with you. Wish I could send the iron from my amps.
Sturgus

electricbear

cryo
« Reply #4 on: 1 May 2004, 05:48 pm »
I have some pesky neighbourhood kids you could try treating for me.Has anyone tried treating cds? :lol:

DeadFish

« Reply #5 on: 5 Jun 2004, 09:13 pm »
Hey Scott!

Didja ever get yer cryo treating done?
Just kinda curious!  :)

DF

Scott F.

« Reply #6 on: 10 Jun 2004, 02:09 am »
Hiya DF,

Nope, not yet. Got busy at work and with life in general. May put it off for a while longer since we just got back from the Crossroads festival in Dallas. Between the festival, speakers and amps, I've got a months worth of writing ahead of me.

Look for a post in the next day or so. I'll upload some really cool pics of the performers from last weekend.

DeadFish

« Reply #7 on: 10 Jun 2004, 04:53 am »
Looking forward to it, Scott!

DF

sturgus

« Reply #8 on: 10 Jun 2004, 05:17 am »
Hope you had a good time. Would love to see some pic's.
Sturgus

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #9 on: 13 Jun 2004, 03:14 am »
Quote from: Scott F.
... just got back from the Crossroads festival in Dallas. Between the festival, speakers and amps, I've got a months worth of writing ahead of me.

Look for a post in the next day or so. I'll upload some really cool pics of the performers from last weekend.
Scott,
    Looking forward to your post concerning the Crossroads festival....thanks !! :) [/list:u]