Why I am loosing so much data?

PRELUDE

Why I am loosing so much data?
« on: 20 Nov 2011, 05:14 pm »
I have no idea what's going on. I lost 1.267GB in two days and I have 5GB plan for a month but the way it goes most likely I won't make it to end of the week.
I did not download,watch move or music.I was just reading stuff on line for total of 6hours.
Any Idea?
Thanks

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Why I am loosing so much data?
« Reply #1 on: 20 Nov 2011, 05:26 pm »
Sorry do not understand - lost your data from where?

James

PRELUDE

« Reply #2 on: 20 Nov 2011, 05:41 pm »
Sorry do not understand - lost your data from where?

James
Sorry James I meant used :duh: :duh: :duh:

SoundGame

« Reply #3 on: 20 Nov 2011, 06:00 pm »
Prelude - in a most respectful way - I have no idea what you're talking about - kinda like jumping into a conversation half way.   :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Could you please explain from the beginning - covering the following items, at minimum:

Used data (or perhaps available space) on what - a removeable harddrive, a USB flash stick??
What data are you using?
What were you trying to do / or what were you tryng to do?
Explain it like you were talking to someone who has no idea what you've been doing or trying to do?

Maybe then, we can help. ;)

Gary L

« Reply #4 on: 20 Nov 2011, 06:09 pm »
It sounds like he is talking about smartphone data usage under his cell phone contract.

srb

« Reply #5 on: 20 Nov 2011, 06:36 pm »
It sounds like he is talking about smartphone data usage under his cell phone contract.

The Bryston BCP-1?

SoundGame

« Reply #6 on: 20 Nov 2011, 06:37 pm »
And what has that got to do with Bryston product.... :scratch:

PRELUDE

« Reply #7 on: 20 Nov 2011, 06:40 pm »
Here is what is going on.
I am using usb modem to connecting to internet as wireless and every time I go on line I use too much data for no reason.
I do not use cell phone to go on line. I just used 0.198GB to post this and I do not think This is right.

PRELUDE

« Reply #8 on: 20 Nov 2011, 06:42 pm »
And what has that got to do with Bryston product.... :scratch:
Nothing,I just thought if it did happen to someone else here.

skunark

« Reply #9 on: 20 Nov 2011, 06:44 pm »
Did you enable the password protection on your wireless router?  If not anyone can access your home network and eat into your broadband usage.

Clearly this is the wrong forum to be posting these questions, you might have better luck in the IT crowd..

skunark

« Reply #10 on: 20 Nov 2011, 07:14 pm »
Are you using wimax? or some cellphone solution for broadband vs a dsl/cable/fiber broadband ISP?   

If so, the it's possible each time you connect various programs might check-in with their mothership.  i.e. mail program might actually check to see if you have new mail.  Even virus scanners and software update utilities all check-in from time to time to look for updates...

PRELUDE

« Reply #11 on: 20 Nov 2011, 07:47 pm »
Did you enable the password protection on your wireless router?  If not anyone can access your home network and eat into your broadband usage.

Clearly this is the wrong forum to be posting these questions, you might have better luck in the IT crowd..
Thanks,I know this post has nothing to do here.I was just wondering if someone else had the same problem and as you said I do have password for it.I just try to contact the customer service but looks like they are busy.