VMPS original Subs - SOLD

doug s.

• makin' music
Re: VMPS original Subs
« Reply #20 on: 26 Nov 2011, 02:02 am »
I gotta know, are you people stupid?  :duh: $200 for these subs is a steal. The funniest part about this is I haven't even had ONE private message for a local offer, but at the same time I had someone who actually wanted me to SHIP these across the country assuming the shipping cost DOUBLED THE PRICE.

Any way, not trying to sound condescending, but clearly you people need some sense knocked into you.  :deadhorse: :wink:
so, if the buyer is willing to do it, what's stopping you?  wouldn't you rather do that, then split these up?  these should stick together, imo...   :green:

doug s.

Pez

« Reply #21 on: 26 Nov 2011, 02:14 am »
I am trying to work with the potential buyer, and yes I think these need to stay together. The reason they are not sold yet is shipping costs. I am trying to find an alternate course of action with said potential buyer.

Will update soon.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #22 on: 26 Nov 2011, 02:32 am »
I am trying to work with the potential buyer, and yes I think these need to stay together. The reason they are not sold yet is shipping costs. I am trying to find an alternate course of action with said potential buyer.

Will update soon.
i hope it works out for you, and for the seller.  i can tell you this - if you simply drop them off at one of the usual shipping suspects, not only will you get reamed for the packaging/packing, but i'd say it's 50-50 chance of them showing up intact.  many (most?) places simply like to dump peanuts all around something in the box, and call it a day.  then, the item will shift around inside the box, and you have problems w/the item against the side of the box w/no protection.

if you want to attempt to pack these yourself, i'd suggest calling places that sell major appliances, and ask if they have boxes/insulation you could scrounge...

best of luck,

doug s.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #23 on: 26 Nov 2011, 02:47 am »
oh, and if you can figure out how to pack them yourself, and you are willing to deliver them to the denver airport, this will likely be the cheapest shipping method:

http://www.forwardair.com/index.htm

in sept 2005, it cost me $100 to ship a pair of rm40 cabinets (no drivers) from md to oh.  they were in their original containers.  BIG & HEAVY!  i suspect it would cost a lot more to ship them today, but it gives you an idea...

doug s.

Pez

« Reply #24 on: 26 Nov 2011, 03:49 am »
Great info. As usual Doug you are very helpful! I shall spare your life when I take over the world.  :thumb:

Rclark

« Reply #25 on: 26 Nov 2011, 03:55 am »
 :thumb: :thumb: now we're talkin!

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #26 on: 26 Nov 2011, 04:17 am »
Great info. As usual Doug you are very helpful! I shall spare your life when I take over the world.  :thumb:

i am your ever grateful serwant.   :bowdown: :bowdown:  :green:

tho, ewen if you were not so forgiving, if this deal goes down, i think rclark would be beside me, helping me.  because of my comments about my vmps', he can taste these...   8)

hey wait a minute - if this deal goes down, you owe me a commission!   :lol:

doug s.

persisting1

« Reply #27 on: 27 Nov 2011, 12:59 am »
Greyhound is usually inexpensive as well.  I've never had a problems using them for shipping.

mboxler

« Reply #28 on: 5 Dec 2011, 11:18 pm »
PM sent.

mboxler

« Reply #29 on: 6 Dec 2011, 02:29 pm »
I am interested.  PM sent yesterday (I live near Golden, CO).  Main questions...

Are they 8 ohm speakers?
Can they be crossed at 40Hz (24db slope)?  Docs suggest minimum 60Hz cross.
These will compliment a pair of Klipshorns, would you know how much power it would take to reach 100dB at 40Hz?

Thanks, Mike

Pez

Re: VMPS original Subs - SOLD
« Reply #30 on: 6 Dec 2011, 05:44 pm »
Sold!!!!!