VMPS original Subs - SOLD

Pez

VMPS original Subs - SOLD
« on: 7 Nov 2011, 07:45 pm »
$100 each OBO.

They are rough looking to say the least, but the important stuff is in great shape. The woofers are flawless, the PR is in great shape as well and the cabinets are solid. The veneer... that's another story.  :lol: but suffice it to say they sound 1000X better than they look.

Passive crossovers have been removed, but will be included with the sale. Reinstalling them is up to the buyer.

Local pickup only 80128

« Last Edit: 6 Dec 2011, 05:53 pm by Pez »

jackman

Re: VMPS original Subs
« Reply #1 on: 7 Nov 2011, 08:19 pm »
I've heard these (not Jason's pair!) and they sounded very good.  It was a long time ago but I recall clearly.  If I lived closer, they would be mine!

Cheers,
J

Pez

« Reply #2 on: 7 Nov 2011, 08:23 pm »
They are awesome. I would continue to use them if it were possible in my smallish room.

I should have mentioned that they have been rewired internally with Bolder M80 cabling.   :o

jackman

« Reply #3 on: 7 Nov 2011, 09:09 pm »
No joke, this might be the steal of all steals.  These woofers and a decent pro amp would be perfect for a big HT.  I picked up a Crown K1 for $400 delivered.  That amp and these subs would knock your pictures off the walls. 

Venkman

« Reply #4 on: 10 Nov 2011, 02:52 am »
Oh man, and you're close too...Time to start sweet talking my wife. 

Pez

« Reply #5 on: 10 Nov 2011, 03:34 am »
Oh man, and you're close too...Time to start sweet talking my wife.

Honey, you know how you're always saying we need more bass slam?  :icon_twisted:

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #6 on: 10 Nov 2011, 07:58 am »
this is a killer deal.  :thumb:

doug s.

jackman

« Reply #7 on: 10 Nov 2011, 03:49 pm »
Just tell your wife they are end tables! 

mcoaggie

« Reply #8 on: 10 Nov 2011, 04:25 pm »
If I werent so far away I'd already have these guys!  I have left over matching veneer and stain so end tables pointed at the listening seats for my home thearte.  Looks like a great deal!

pjchappy

« Reply #9 on: 18 Nov 2011, 03:55 am »
This is an insane deal. . .

Just throwing it out there, but a possible alternative would be to take them apart and sell the drivers and PR (and possibly crossover) separately. . .and charge $200.  Plus you can easily ship this! :thumb

Paul

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #10 on: 18 Nov 2011, 04:07 am »
imo, having them in the cabinets is what makes this such a great deal.  by the time you are done building your own cabinets, you may as well yust have 'em shipped...

This is an insane deal. . .

Just throwing it out there, but a possible alternative would be to take them apart and sell the drivers and PR (and possibly crossover) separately. . .and charge $200.  Plus you can easily ship this! :thumb

Paul

pjchappy

« Reply #11 on: 18 Nov 2011, 04:18 am »
Very true.

Regardless, for $100, this is an absolutely amazing deal.

Paul

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #12 on: 18 Nov 2011, 04:25 am »
Very true.

Regardless, for $100, this is an absolutely amazing deal.

Paul
also - as a seller, what would i do w/four empty cabinets and $200?  and the time necessary to strip the drivers from the cabinets, and then the trouble to box & ship the drivers?  i'd rather have the $400, even if i had to wait a while...

agreed, it's a killer deal, for $400 for for vmps originals...

doug s.

pjchappy

« Reply #13 on: 18 Nov 2011, 04:43 am »
2 empty cabinets. 

If they can't be sold as is, just toss the cabinets :dunno:.  Not the greatest solution, but if they're in the way, what can you do?  Who knows what a DIYer might be interested in with the drivers/PR?  Just a thought.

Nevertheless, if Pez was willing to drive from Colorado to KC, I would absolutely shell out $200 for the pair. :P

Paul

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #14 on: 18 Nov 2011, 04:59 am »
2 empty cabinets. 

If they can't be sold as is, just toss the cabinets :dunno:.  Not the greatest solution, but if they're in the way, what can you do?  Who knows what a DIYer might be interested in with the drivers/PR?  Just a thought.

Nevertheless, if Pez was willing to drive from Colorado to KC, I would absolutely shell out $200 for the pair. :P

Paul
two?  why did i think there were 4 f/s?   :duh: :duh:

doug s.

Pez

« Reply #15 on: 18 Nov 2011, 02:52 pm »
A couple of things to add to this, first I forgot to mention, these have the Megawoofers, again the crossovers have been removed and I highly suggest leaving them out and using an active crossover. The sounds quality is incredible in this configuration.  To put the passives back in would be a major step backwards IMO.

And yes, there are 2 of them.  :wink:

Pez

« Reply #16 on: 25 Nov 2011, 08:22 pm »
I gotta know, are you people stupid?  :duh: $200 for these subs is a steal. The funniest part about this is I haven't even had ONE private message for a local offer, but at the same time I had someone who actually wanted me to SHIP these across the country assuming the shipping cost DOUBLED THE PRICE.

Any way, not trying to sound condescending, but clearly you people need some sense knocked into you.  :deadhorse: :wink:

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #17 on: 25 Nov 2011, 09:52 pm »
Great deal, how big are they (in case someone wants to drive cross country to pick them up?

Rclark

« Reply #18 on: 25 Nov 2011, 10:11 pm »
 :cry:

bikes and beats

« Reply #19 on: 26 Nov 2011, 12:35 am »
I might be interested in one of it can be hooked up that way. I'm in Denver