Maggies and gaming

Rclark

Maggies and gaming
« on: 5 Nov 2011, 05:55 am »
 I have a PS3 in my rig and when I game I pull out an LCD screen and place it above my subwoofer (which sits dead center and off the floor between my MMGs)...

And I gotta say, everything that Maggies bring to music, that magic, that utter immersion, translates directly to gaming, and especially pronouced are the 3D effects.

< - probably the only guy doing this

Brandon B

Re: Maggies and gaming
« Reply #1 on: 3 Dec 2011, 10:04 pm »
I've got a 1.6/MMG/MGMC 6.1 system and my son and I use it nearly daily for gaming on a PS3.  You're not alone.

Rclark

« Reply #2 on: 3 Dec 2011, 10:22 pm »
It's pretty damn awesome isn't it?

I sure miss my maggies, I won't have em back for a while. Oh well, finally breaking my monitors in. But yeah they are mindblowing with games. They have everything you'd want in a gaming speaker times ten.

ajzepp

« Reply #3 on: 3 Dec 2011, 10:27 pm »
It's pretty damn awesome isn't it?

I sure miss my maggies, I won't have em back for a while. Oh well, finally breaking my monitors in. But yeah they are mindblowing with games. They have everything you'd want in a gaming speaker times ten.

Did Maggie leave you? I hope you can work things out. I cheated on her once, but she eventually forgave me. I'll never be without her again  :thumb:

Rclark

« Reply #4 on: 3 Dec 2011, 10:29 pm »
Oh she'll be back, I sent her to finishing school.

ajzepp

« Reply #5 on: 3 Dec 2011, 10:41 pm »
Oh she'll be back, I sent her to finishing school.
'attaboy  :thumb:

When GTA V comes out, I'm gonna have to fire up my xbox again...it's been a year or so since I've played anything...that will sound amazing on the Maggies!

Rclark

« Reply #6 on: 3 Dec 2011, 10:44 pm »
I was playing Gran Tourismo 5 last night on my PS3 and the BluRay level music just blows me away, it's whetting my appetite for hirez.

ajzepp

« Reply #7 on: 3 Dec 2011, 10:48 pm »
I was playing Gran Tourismo 5 last night on my PS3 and the BluRay level music just blows me away, it's whetting my appetite for hirez.

Very nice...it's amazing to me how far gaming has come. I'm 39, so I grew up on a frickin Atari 2600 playing space invaders and freaking out when Pac Man was released. I stopped after a run with my sega genesis and didn't really pick it up again until a couple years ago when I started playing GTA IV. I really want to get into it again, but there's just one problem....I sort of suck at it lol. Used to be easier with just a joystick and button (that's what she said).

Rclark

« Reply #8 on: 3 Dec 2011, 10:50 pm »
Just play on easy and feel like a badass!  :thumb:

ajzepp

« Reply #9 on: 3 Dec 2011, 10:53 pm »
you can do that? LOL

Rclark

« Reply #10 on: 3 Dec 2011, 10:58 pm »
Sure, most games will tone it down for you..

Hwoever... GT5 with their new AI upgrade has toned it up! Used to be I'd run wide open in first place and beat the other cars by a mile..

Now I'm getting second or third place finishes and I don't feel like it's being cheap, the AI is genuinly out to kill me. Feels like a race!

• Don't touch the VOLUME!!
« Reply #11 on: 4 Dec 2011, 12:47 am »
This thread brings back a lot of memories. I remember when the .25 cent pong machines first came out,  :D my life long best friend bought four, he lived off those little guys for two years. I'm 60+ and I just shut my PS3 down 10 min. ago for supper.

SteveFord

• Facilitator
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #12 on: 4 Dec 2011, 02:15 am »
And who can forget Space Invaders? 

ajzepp

« Reply #13 on: 4 Dec 2011, 04:29 am »
And who can forget Space Invaders?

I remember the big thing with space invaders (and other games) was to get such a high score that  you would "flip" the score counter lol....ahhhh, the 70s....:D

ajzepp

« Reply #14 on: 4 Dec 2011, 04:30 am »
Sure, most games will tone it down for you..

Hwoever... GT5 with their new AI upgrade has toned it up! Used to be I'd run wide open in first place and beat the other cars by a mile..

Now I'm getting second or third place finishes and I don't feel like it's being cheap, the AI is genuinly out to kill me. Feels like a race!

I never even thought about adjusting the difficulty level....THANKS! lol  I just won't tell anyone....muah ha ha!

berni

« Reply #15 on: 4 Dec 2011, 07:58 pm »
Must also wipe the dust of my PS3 and play some GT5, now when the sound is ok on my 20.1.
« Last Edit: 4 Dec 2011, 09:21 pm by berni »

Rclark

« Reply #16 on: 4 Dec 2011, 09:08 pm »
Yes Berni, the new AI is excellent. And wow, can I come over?  :thumb:

berni

« Reply #17 on: 5 Dec 2011, 06:43 am »
Like Steve said:" leave the porch light on just in case I get stuck in traffic"
The porch and also the Xmas lights are on , you are welcome. :thumb: