No Rez installation in X-Statik

Vince in TX and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. Read 195 times.

dryan01uk

No Rez installation in X-Statik
« on: 23 Oct 2021, 07:30 am »
Another query guys.

I’m at the stage of planning my No-Rez installation in my X-statiks.  The build drawings for the X-voce show the no-Rez locations but the drawings plans for the X-statik don’t.

I assume it only goes on every flat surface  (sides, back, floor and lid) inside the sealed box section of the speaker and I need to leave some space for the drivers.  What about around the internal braces - do I need to trim the no-Rez back to clear the internal brace holes?

Does anyone have a photo of their no Rez install in their X-statins that they can share.  I’m going to install the no Rez before gluing on the front baffle.

Any tips or things to watch out for?  I have a straight edge and lots of sharp blades ready.

Things are edging closer and closer.

David

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
Re: No Rez installation in X-Statik
« Reply #1 on: 23 Oct 2021, 12:42 pm »
Here's a picture of how/where installed the NoRez into my cabinets

Just be sure to leave an inch or so between the Norez and the front baffle

Hope that helps! :thumb:

Chops

« Reply #2 on: 23 Oct 2021, 01:56 pm »
And here's mine, fitted through the driver openings and bottom plate. Mine are the original AV123 X-Statik's, though I call them GR Research instead.

dryan01uk

« Reply #3 on: 23 Oct 2021, 08:17 pm »
Fantastic!  Thanks Hobbs.  Thanks Chops.

Those photos are incredibly helpful.  I like how you split the cross-over Hobbs.  It’s a very tight fit in the base along with the thread insert blocks I’ve added to allow the base to be demounted.

David