Krautrock Forever!!

alexone

• Anthony Bauer, Stan Rybb, John Stoneborough
Re: Krautrock Forever!!
« Reply #60 on: 4 Feb 2021, 08:18 pm »
Hi, FullRangeMan!

Nice to see a Krautrock section here at AC!

try the following:

Da Capo - same (1972, later in 1988 reissued by 'Little Wing Of Refugees') the song ''Future'' is one of my favourites
Jane - Lady (1975, Brain Records)
Tractor - same (1972, Dandelion Records) NOT a German Band but certainly worth to give it a listen - especially the song ''Little Girl In Yellow'' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....just to name a few

best,

al.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #61 on: 4 Feb 2021, 10:03 pm »
Hi Al,
Nice to see a Krautrock fan here, I will see these suggestions on YT Thanks.  I had a friend that was a Jane fan.

alexone

• Anthony Bauer, Stan Rybb, John Stoneborough
« Reply #62 on: 7 Feb 2021, 07:31 pm »

...i saw Jane LIVE on stage. what a rare event :wink: too sad that Peter Panka died already a few years ago...

al.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #63 on: 7 Feb 2021, 08:24 pm »
...i saw Jane LIVE on stage. what a rare event :wink: too sad that Peter Panka died already a few years ago...

al.
Really sorry to know.
RIP

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #64 on: 1 Apr 2021, 08:21 am »
Hi Grace Ruby,
Hope everything is fine with you on these days.
After some stellar quality albums as these:
Gila - Free Electric Sound - 1971
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUkWZSWWh-c
Gila - Night Works - 1972
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xuyC0YtBW0

Gila released a awful album in 1973
named Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee
based on the organized American Indians massacre, It has nothing to do with the prog rock music of others Gila albums, so some years ago I discovered why, it have Florian Fricke on piano and knowing that Fricke after this album starting in 1974 spend 7 years on Tibet and released several albums with similar mediocre music all poorly recorded on cassete tape based on his Tibetan life, its not difficult to assume that Fricke composed the music of Bury album and used the band to record it, IMO its the worst Gila album, after Tibet Fricke dedicated himself to musico therapy and leave keyboards and recorded only with acoustic piano since.

So I wonder know your opinion about the Bury album below and also from others members music lovers to know if its just me or this album is bad indeed:
Gila - Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylw0yl0fq1w&list=PLRQKT-Cu2_2RqXqXhsMm6ca1d_inaGGpd

Gila line-up 1973>
Front: Cony Veidt, Sabine Merbach,
Back: Florian Fricke, Daniel Fichelscher.
« Last Edit: 1 Apr 2021, 12:54 pm by FullRangeMan »