Crossover assembly 101

nwviking

• Timbra
Re: Crossover assembly 101
« Reply #300 on: 16 Jul 2021, 04:24 pm »
Hi All! New here and doing my first GR Research build of the X-LS Encore. I've done 2 other non-GR DIY builds but am still learning about crossovers. Hoping to get a set of eyes on this layout before I solder. I looked through this thread and others but couldn't find any reference with the same parts I have. I got the Miflex Copper Bypass Capacitor upgrade.

I will post pics of the speakers when they are finished :)

Thanks!

E-Zee

• Industry Participant
    • Diy speaker resources and crossover assembly services
« Reply #301 on: 17 Jul 2021, 05:27 pm »
Nwviking-

You do have a couple likely conflicts there that I can see.  I'm sending you a private message with my phone number.  Give me a call or text and I'll walk you through sorting it out.

Update: I tried to message you but your new status isn't letting you receive private messages yet.

Email me at elon@ezeescrossovers.com

and I'll send you a roughly to scale layout drawing including the wiring connections and you can just replicate that physically.

Your current layout orients the inductors in a way that they will experience some negative interference from each other, and one of your bypass caps and resistors concerns me, maybe wrong, but not certain since I can't tell exactly what your intended connections will be. 

Elon

ezeescrossovers.com

WarmColors

« Reply #302 on: 21 Aug 2021, 11:45 pm »

Looking to see if this is correct?.. Thanks

Is this layout for the NX studio?

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #303 on: 22 Aug 2021, 02:21 am »
Is this layout for the NX studio?

It's an X-LS crossover.
NX-Studios only have one Miflex cap in the tweeter circuit.

Frodo

« Reply #304 on: 22 Aug 2021, 04:24 pm »
Nice drawing, and very helpful, thanks!

Hello everyone! I’m new to this and not an engineer - I’m more of a visual thinker. I like to sketch out problems as I work on them. I’m trying to put together a crossover for an NX Studio build. Is anyone able to confirm this sketch? Does it look right? I’m especially uncertain about that bundle in the middle where some negatives and a positive connect to the same point (see the question mark). I’m not confident in my ability to interpret the crossover schematic included with my kit and the photos people have posted have been helpful but a little blurry.

Thanks!