FInally! The XLC is here . . . Intro Pricing

Mike Dzurko

FInally! The XLC is here . . . Intro Pricing
« on: 19 Jul 2006, 03:06 pm »
Great things are worth the wait . . .  and the XLC is a great speaker. Special intro pricing and FREE S/H in Continental U.S. until July 31.  :thumb:

http://www.audioc.com/speakers1/xlc/xlc.htm

Eric

Re: FInally! The XLC is here . . . Intro Pricing
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jul 2006, 03:36 pm »
That is an excellent deal!!!

creativepart

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jul 2006, 03:45 pm »
Yeah, I got an unwanted email about this from AudioCircle. Not appreciated. I've searched all over my Profile to find ways to turn off such unsolicited and unwanted advertising... but can't find it.

The email said:
To unsubscribe from these announcements, login to the forum and uncheck "Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email." in your profile.

But I can't find this anywhere.

How do I keep from getting Audio Cirlces SPAM?

DWallach

• http://www.cs.rice.edu/~dwallach/
« Reply #3 on: 19 Jul 2006, 03:59 pm »

Ditto and ditto.  Something went wrong here.

drunkonjack

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jul 2006, 03:59 pm »
Is this center an added speaker to the line up or is it replacing the Essence center ?

Also is this center a good match with the Essence V ?

Heli_Dog

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jul 2006, 04:48 pm »
Yeah, I got an unwanted email about this from AudioCircle. Not appreciated. I've searched all over my Profile to find ways to turn off such unsolicited and unwanted advertising... but can't find it.

The email said:
To unsubscribe from these announcements, login to the forum and uncheck "Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email." in your profile.

damn good question.....one which I have now asked the system administrators.
Hopefully they'll address this SPAM issue in very short order!

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #6 on: 19 Jul 2006, 04:53 pm »
My bad . . .  :nono:

On the "old" forum, I could select announcement for a posting and it would feature that posting at the top of our forum and also feature it on the front page for a day or two. When I hit the announce button this time it did something entirely different. My sincere apologies, I won't do that again.

Sadly, some people have taken this as some sort of "attack".  We're getting some rather nasty email  . . .  again, this was an unintentional mistake, not an attempt to spam the whole circle. Unfortunately, many of these people will never see this apology and continue to believe we were trying to do something that we were not.
« Last Edit: 19 Jul 2006, 05:36 pm by Mike Dzurko »

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #7 on: 19 Jul 2006, 05:01 pm »
Is this center an added speaker to the line up or is it replacing the Essence center ?

Also is this center a good match with the Essence V ?

At this point it is an "added" model . . .  designed precisely to match the Sapphire XLs. The XLC will mate with the Essence V, but unless size of the center is a concern, I'd match the Essence center with Essence Vs.

me

« Reply #8 on: 19 Jul 2006, 06:33 pm »
I just changed my email address to a bogus one in an attempt
to block the spam.

I have written several times before and requested to stop receiving
spam, but it seems they want to send me spam more than I want
to visit their board.

Night_Train

« Reply #9 on: 19 Jul 2006, 06:37 pm »
My bad . . .  :nono:

On the "old" forum, I could select announcement for a posting and it would feature that posting at the top of our forum and also feature it on the front page for a day or two. When I hit the announce button this time it did something entirely different. My sincere apologies, I won't do that again.

Sadly, some people have taken this as some sort of "attack".  We're getting some rather nasty email  . . .  again, this was an unintentional mistake, not an attempt to spam the whole circle. Unfortunately, many of these people will never see this apology and continue to believe we were trying to do something that we were not.

Hi Mike....I immediately saw some of the offended take issue with your posting. It's too bad some individuals prefer to live in a sheltered environment only to let through information they deem fit. We are mostly all adults here, I think. Personally, I think it had more to do with a posting that did not reinforce a few of the intruded upon's preference for equipment, rather than you being a nuisance or problem. None the less, you admitted this was your mistake and what is done was done by accident and is done. Complaints to the main board do not make much sense and should have been directed to moderation instead of using up forum space for rants. Surely, this was not a huge problem or deal, like some would rather make it out to be. Many know you are not one to cause problems, so I do not know what the issue is here other than maybe it has something to do with some "goings-on" personal preferences.

thedeskE

• http://www.thedeske.com
« Reply #10 on: 19 Jul 2006, 07:31 pm »
Congrats Mike!! Another Great One in the line.

Eric

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #11 on: 19 Jul 2006, 07:38 pm »
I just changed my email address to a bogus one in an attempt
to block the spam.

I have written several times before and requested to stop receiving
spam, but it seems they want to send me spam more than I want
to visit their board.

This is the ONLY time this ever happened, so anything else you've gotten isn't from us . . .

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #12 on: 19 Jul 2006, 07:43 pm »

[/quote]

Hi Mike....I immediately saw some of the offended take issue with your posting. It's too bad some individuals prefer to live in a sheltered environment only to let through information they deem fit. We are mostly all adults here, I think. Personally, I think it had more to do with a posting that did not reinforce a few of the intruded upon's preference for equipment, rather than you being a nuisance or problem. None the less, you admitted this was your mistake and what is done was done by accident and is done. Complaints to the main board do not make much sense and should have been directed to moderation instead of using up forum space for rants. Surely, this was not a huge problem or deal, like some would rather make it out to be. Many know you are not one to cause problems, so I do not know what the issue is here other than maybe it has something to do with some "goings-on" personal preferences.
[/quote]

Interestingly, we've already had contacts who were very positive and glad they got the notice.  Never the less, it was not intentional and won't happen again. We've also had a few who were extremely hostile and seem to think we're part of some vast conspiracy.  :lol:

ajayrav

« Reply #13 on: 19 Jul 2006, 09:34 pm »
YIIPPPEEEEE!  And to think there are some Philistines who don't appreciate the XLC and make a big issue of the so-called spamming!  That IS a JOKE guys! 

Jokes aside.....Can't wait!

A.

dbart123

« Reply #14 on: 19 Jul 2006, 10:06 pm »
Mike,

Any chance you will discount the shipping to Canada? After all we are neighbours :wink:

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #15 on: 19 Jul 2006, 10:44 pm »
YIIPPPEEEEE!  And to think there are some Philistines who don't appreciate the XLC and make a big issue of the so-called spamming!  That IS a JOKE guys! 

Jokes aside.....Can't wait!

A.

Ajay:

I knew you'd be excited. Yours will be one of the very first to ship. Thanks again for your patience.  :D

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #16 on: 19 Jul 2006, 11:26 pm »
Mike,

Any chance you will discount the shipping to Canada? After all we are neighbours :wink:

You betcha :) We'll pay the Cont. U.S. part of the charges for you. Automatically . . . whether you order online or email or call it in.  If you want the exact #s just email sales@audioc.com or call us. Thanks!

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #17 on: 19 Jul 2006, 11:41 pm »
Congrats Mike!! Another Great One in the line.

Eric

Thanks Eric, yes this has been quite an opening day . . . worthy of what I think is going to be a classic speaker model  :D

theborg

« Reply #18 on: 20 Jul 2006, 02:39 am »
We're getting some rather nasty email  . . . 
I find it absolutely incredible that people react in this way. Unbelievable.

The notification option has been turned off for quite a while. I made the same mistake as Mike did about its function, and turned it off when I understood it better. However, ACI has a custom permissions profile (because it allows guest posting) and I neglected to turn it off specifically for this circle. My apologies to Mike for the oversight.

maxwalrath

« Reply #19 on: 20 Jul 2006, 03:57 am »
The guy makes (from what I read) great products in the US at fair prices, has terrific customer service... and has made and given away thousands and thousands of dollars worth of gear for charity raffles.

Maybe some of the newer people don't know that, but as a general heads up, most of the manufacturers and forum hosts here are really stand up people. Neither they nor AC (a pretty damn big and well run forum) deserive such shit for 1 spam email.