Bryston future products

Napalm

Re: Bryston future products
« Reply #220 on: 17 May 2010, 05:56 pm »
Napalm, they are not completely harmless, the bypass switch is another device the signal has to pass through.

I still have to hear complaints about passing the signal through the "tape/normal" switch, even though very few of us have any use for that switch these days....

Let's not split it to that extent, eh?

The BP6 is a consumer model (hint: no XLR), and having a BP6TC would not affect in any way your enjoyment of a puristic/professional BP26.

Nap.

werd

« Reply #221 on: 17 May 2010, 06:00 pm »
I still have to hear complaints about passing the signal through the "tape/normal" switch, even though very few of us have any use for that switch these days....

Let's not split it to that extent, eh?

The BP6 is a consumer model (hint: no XLR), and having a BP6TC would not affect in any way your enjoyment of a puristic/professional BP26.

Nap.

I went through the tape monitor, it was my main input. I had my BDA running into that. Its the cleanest input on that BP26,it sits right next to the balance and volume.

Napalm

« Reply #222 on: 17 May 2010, 06:04 pm »
I went through the tape monitor, it was my main input. I had my BDA running into that. Its the cleanest input on that BP26,it sits right next to the balance and volume.

Now complain loudly about the "normal" input being "unclean"... I've seen people banned for less, eh?  :wink:

You have your BP26 and no one will take it out of your hands, so why do you feel insecure when other people express their wish for a modified BP6?

Nap.  :thumb:

werd

« Reply #223 on: 17 May 2010, 06:09 pm »
Now complain loudly about the "normal" input being "unclean"... I've seen people banned for less, eh?  :wink:

You have your BP26 and no one will take it out of your hands, so why do you feel insecure when other people express their wish for a modified BP6?

The tape input is the more linear lets say. The bp6 would be a good place to put tone controls. I would have no complaint
about that. But not on Bryston's top model.

BTW i sold my bp25/mps2 just recently for a low gain tube pre...   :peek: .lol.  But rest assured when bryston brings out another model pre
i will be all over it.

Mag

« Reply #224 on: 17 May 2010, 11:32 pm »
Mag,

I think that technically speaking you're set for far field.

Near field is defined by having mostly the direct sound hitting your ears. This is achieved by placing the speakers well inside the room and sitting close to them. So the direct sound's amplitude is vastly higher than the reflected sound's one. Also the delay between direct/reflected is big enough so they will be separated by your ear/brain.

When you hear about "bring the speakers one third into the room at about 6' between them then sit in an equilateral triangle blah blah" it's about setting you for near field listening.

It's cool except 1) it has a very narrow sweet spot 2) wife will fight tooth and nail against this kind of room decor.

Nap, if I sat any closer to the speakers they would be called headphones. :?

Napalm

« Reply #225 on: 17 May 2010, 11:41 pm »

Nap, if I sat any closer to the speakers they would be called headphones. :?

:o    :rock:

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #226 on: 19 May 2010, 09:57 pm »
Yes, yes tone controls!!!

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #227 on: 20 May 2010, 02:13 pm »
Yes, yes tone controls!!!

:nono:

:D

Be well...

Napalm

« Reply #228 on: 20 May 2010, 02:23 pm »
 :tempted:
TONE CONTROLS!

skunark

« Reply #229 on: 20 May 2010, 05:24 pm »
No tone controls for me, thank you.  Less knobs the better.

interested

« Reply #230 on: 20 May 2010, 08:07 pm »
We have been playing around with Class D designs now for about 4 years.  We are planning on introducing a line of 'Zone' style amplifiers based on that technology in the next few months.

james

Hi, just out of curiousity, why not a high quality class G amplifier for the 'green' audiophiles around us? I have recently heard some Arcam equipment that uses this design and it sounds very good to my ears.

JRace

• Greetings one and Everyone!
« Reply #231 on: 20 May 2010, 08:21 pm »
Hi, just out of curiousity, why not a high quality class G amplifier for the 'green' audiophiles around us? I have recently heard some Arcam equipment that uses this design and it sounds very good to my ears.
Friom my understanding the Class G and H amp topology is less efficient than Class D.

Besides, the further you get from Class A the less the Audiophiles will accept it :lol:

interested

« Reply #232 on: 20 May 2010, 08:31 pm »
Friom my understanding the Class G and H amp topology is less efficient than Class D.

Besides, the further you get from Class A the less the Audiophiles will accept it :lol:

Class G is indeed less efficiënt with full power but on 'real world' levels it's just as efficiënt as class D. As Bryston is coming with class D I just wondered why not a class G design?

skunark

« Reply #233 on: 20 May 2010, 08:38 pm »
Bryston Alarm Clock   

Ideally in a 1/2 1U chassis that you can stack multiple components or the other extreme of 14B/28B chassis that you just gently rest on your night stand with the lamp on top.   Perhaps you will need to dull the heat sinks a bit....

Napalm

« Reply #234 on: 25 May 2010, 03:20 pm »
 :idea: Turntable!!!  "True to its analogue roots, Bryston has now the pleasure to offer audiophiles a true analogue signal path[...]"

Nap.  :lol:

Mag

« Reply #235 on: 25 Jun 2010, 12:18 am »
I would like to see Bryston make a product that can remove the voice track on playback. Like I like heavy metal music but feel the lyrics corrupt the music. Being able to mute the lyrics only, would make heavy metal Kosher. :smoke:

Phil A

« Reply #236 on: 25 Jun 2010, 01:08 am »
I would like to see Bryston make a product that can remove the voice track on playback. Like I like heavy metal music but feel the lyrics corrupt the music. Being able to mute the lyrics only, would make heavy metal Kosher. :smoke:

Such a device has been made by this co. for many years:  http://www.ltsound.com/eliminator.htm

95Dyna

« Reply #237 on: 25 Jun 2010, 12:58 pm »

Be honest, Mag.  You're looking for a Karioke machine :banana piano:

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #238 on: 27 Jun 2010, 07:49 pm »
James,

any plans for 3 channel versions of the 2B SSTsq and the 3B SSTsq?

al.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #239 on: 28 Jun 2010, 12:39 am »
James,

any plans for 3 channel versions of the 2B SSTsq and the 3B SSTsq?

al.

No plans - we offer the 9B in a 2,3,4 and 5 channel version.

james