The pro's, this weekend!

macrojack

• Restricted
Re: The pro's, this weekend!
« Reply #20 on: 26 Oct 2009, 09:57 pm »
Methinks Pittsburgh was the beneficiary of the beginning of the annual Favre Fade. How long did he last last year as the answer for the Jets?

Don't get too excited about some of these wins. Beating Cleveland or Kansas City mercilessly is hardly a sign that you are threatening to rebound. This year's NFL is definitely a showcase of the Haves and the Have Nots. I can't remember a year in the past when there were so many hapless doormats. Oakland, K.C., Washington, St. Louis, Tampa, Cleveland, Detroit, Jacksonville, Carolina, Buffalo, Tennessee, ............ did I miss anybody? That list represents like a third of the league. Then add the iffy teams like Seattle, Chicago, Dallas, Eagles, Miami.

A couple of surprises in Denver and Cincinnati and the Vikes and Saints -- and perennial powers like the Colts, Patriots, Giants, Green Bay, San Diego, Pittsburgh.

Anybody pick their Super Bowl teams yet?

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #21 on: 26 Oct 2009, 11:14 pm »
And Dallas looked good, also, for a change.  They're only a half game behind the Giants now.  You New York fans look worried.  And maybe you should be.  If the Pokes can keep it consistent, that is. 

That's a mighty big  "if". 

Bigfish

« Reply #22 on: 26 Oct 2009, 11:40 pm »
Methinks Pittsburgh was the beneficiary of the beginning of the annual Favre Fade. How long did he last last year as the answer for the Jets?

Don't get too excited about some of these wins. Beating Cleveland or Kansas City mercilessly is hardly a sign that you are threatening to rebound. This year's NFL is definitely a showcase of the Haves and the Have Nots. I can't remember a year in the past when there were so many hapless doormats. Oakland, K.C., Washington, St. Louis, Tampa, Cleveland, Detroit, Jacksonville, Carolina, Buffalo, Tennessee, ............ did I miss anybody? That list represents like a third of the league. Then add the iffy teams like Seattle, Chicago, Dallas, Eagles, Miami.

A couple of surprises in Denver and Cincinnati and the Vikes and Saints -- and perennial powers like the Colts, Patriots, Giants, Green Bay, San Diego, Pittsburgh.

Anybody pick their Super Bowl teams yet?

I am a long time diehard Steelers Fan and believe me when I say I was worried the whole 4th quarter that we would lose that game.  Favre did an excellent job considering the Steelers held A. Peterson to 68 yards.  Favre was 34 of 51 attempts for 334 yards and 1 interception.  The Vikes controlled the ball for 36:58 compared to 23:02 for the Steelers.  Yes, we were darn lucky to win and our coach was pissed at the effort of the offense after the game.  If I were a Vikings fan I would be sad about the loss but feel darn good about my team.  I believe the Vikings are one of the two best teams in the NFC and I do not think Favre is fading.  The Vikes just need a balanced attack and keep Favre under 30 passes a game!

Ken