VMPS owners outside of USA??

ARAM

« on: 20 Nov 2003, 02:40 pm »
I   right  now  live  in  Europe..I wonder  if  there  are any VMPS  owners  in  Europe  or  Australia??

Horsehead

« Reply #1 on: 20 Nov 2003, 02:49 pm »
You might try contacting VMPS Europe-he might also be able to put you in contact with VMPS owners near you.
http://www.vmpseurope.com/e/vmps-02.htm

dubravko

« Reply #2 on: 20 Nov 2003, 05:59 pm »
Hi ARAM,
there are a couple VMPS customers in UK. However, none of them are "online types". From Harmonic Discord I remember a person from Finland with a moniker "Halcyon" who apparently bought something, but since he wasn't my customer I can't help with him either.

VMPS is now available for audition in Slovenia (in Ljubljana, very close to northern Italy and southern Austria), soon in Germany and all the time in Croatia.

Just this weekend there is a three day audio-show in Ljubljana at "M" hotel. There will be 626R FST connected to a Gryphon amplifier.

Dubravko
VMPS Europe

Darac

VMPS owners outside of USA part 2
« Reply #3 on: 9 Nov 2006, 09:21 pm »
Hello !
I am Darac from Zagreb, Croatia. I am new owner of RM30 M MW Cherry. Here is my audio system : Integrated amp Vincent SV-238
www.vincent-tac.de
, cd player Adcom GCD750 www.adcom.com , Pioneer DVD DV 757Ai, tuner Onkyo Integra T-4850, turntable Dual Golden 1/ Benz Micro MC cartridge/Cardas phono cable, Parasound PHP-850 preamp, interconnects:  Siltech -Paris, RAPPORT, SUPRA- EFF-I ANIVERSARY (RCA), VDH The Second (XLR), loudspeaker cable : VDH CS 122+ VDH The Royal Jade Hybryd, power cords: MIT TERMINATOR Z-Cord, Siltech-Berlin, DIY power cords. The rack is Solid Tech Rack of silence - www.solid-tech.net
« Last Edit: 9 Nov 2006, 09:38 pm by Darac »

John Casler

Re: VMPS owners outside of USA part 2
« Reply #4 on: 9 Nov 2006, 10:03 pm »
Hello !
I am Darac from Zagreb, Croatia. I am new owner of RM30 M MW Cherry. Here is my audio system : Integrated amp Vincent SV-238
www.vincent-tac.de
, cd player Adcom GCD750 www.adcom.com , Pioneer DVD DV 757Ai, tuner Onkyo Integra T-4850, turntable Dual Golden 1/ Benz Micro MC cartridge/Cardas phono cable, Parasound PHP-850 preamp, interconnects:  Siltech -Paris, RAPPORT, SUPRA- EFF-I ANIVERSARY (RCA), VDH The Second (XLR), loudspeaker cable : VDH CS 122+ VDH The Royal Jade Hybryd, power cords: MIT TERMINATOR Z-Cord, Siltech-Berlin, DIY power cords. The rack is Solid Tech Rack of silence - www.solid-tech.net

Hi Darac,

Welcome to the VMPS Circle.  Good to have more systems outside the US.

If you're interested, you could also place your info on the "Owners Audition List" Stickie.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=10789.0

Looks like you have a great system to show off

warnerwh

Re: VMPS owners outside of USA??
« Reply #5 on: 10 Nov 2006, 12:17 am »
Darac: Welcome to Audiocircle! I see you own a Vincent integrated. Could you tell me what people in Europe think of Vincent please. I've noticed their gear looks very well built and the prices here in the states seem to be very good. I just wonder how the quality is on these pieces and what the european people think of Vincent as it is probably fairly common in europe. Thanks

ARAM

« Reply #6 on: 10 Nov 2006, 03:12 am »
I  was  just  going  to  ask  the  same   warnerwh....

Darac

Re: VMPS owners outside of USA part 2
« Reply #7 on: 10 Nov 2006, 08:08 pm »
Hello !
www.vincent-tac.de

Thanks for suggestion ! I think thats my VMPS speakers deserve much better system. I hope so that in new year replace Adcom with Cary Audio and Van Den Hul cables with Siltech cables.

Hi Darac,

Welcome to the VMPS Circle.  Good to have more systems outside the US.

If you're interested, you could also place your info on the "Owners Audition List" Stickie.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=10789.0

Looks like you have a great system to show off
« Last Edit: 10 Nov 2006, 08:24 pm by John Casler »

Darac

« Reply #8 on: 10 Nov 2006, 08:23 pm »
Darac: Welcome to Audiocircle! I see you own a Vincent integrated. Could you tell me what people in Europe think of Vincent please. I've noticed their gear looks very well built and the prices here in the states seem to be very good. I just wonder how the quality is on these pieces and what the european people think of Vincent as it is probably fairly common in europe. Thanks

Well,people in Europe usually bying amps from Rotel,Primare,Accuphase and so on. In last three years many things are changed.The top models of Vincent is more than bargain. My model cost 3000 dollars or 2600 euro. Yes, its build like tank.Sound of model SV-238 is so neutral, with good sustain, punch, extreme great soundstage and dynamics. SV-238 2x200 watt/8 ohm AB class(2x60 watt/8ohm A class), 2x400 watt/4 ohm, 2x700 watt/2 ohm. Weight cca 40 kg, deep 50cm.Today is arrived a new TAS. In page 139 is nice picture of Vincent hybrid pre/power combo SA-T1/SP-T100. Last year I listen this hybrid mono-blocks in combination with Gryphon preamp+Denon Cd player and KEF Reference 2037205 models.The sound is  terrific.

Hipper

« Reply #9 on: 11 Nov 2006, 09:54 am »
I live in England (Hertfordshire) and am an 'online type'!

I bought a pair of RM30M's earlier this year from Angelsound Audio via Dubravko.

I use a Son of Ampzilla amp, TEAC D/70 and P/70 DAC and CD Transport, Shunyata Hydra 8, plus a Behringer DEQ2496.

For my own interest I've made a two page article of how I got to this stage - should I post it; it might be of interest?

John Casler

« Reply #10 on: 11 Nov 2006, 02:57 pm »

I bought a pair of RM30M's earlier this year from Angelsound Audio via Dubravko.

I use a Son of Ampzilla amp, TEAC D/70 and P/70 DAC and CD Transport, Shunyata Hydra 8, plus a Behringer DEQ2496.

For my own interest I've made a two page article of how I got to this stage - should I post it; it might be of interest?

RM30M's and Son of Ampzilla, is a great combo!

dubravko

« Reply #11 on: 11 Nov 2006, 04:23 pm »

Hello Hipper,
and wellcome. My 'online' remark is from Nov. 2003., at that time really none of UK customers that I knew posted online.

Just go ahead with your article. How useful is DEQ2496 in your system? 

Hipper

« Reply #12 on: 12 Nov 2006, 09:02 am »
Ha. I never noticed the dates!

I'll start another thread, 'How I came to VMPS', for my article.

The Behringer DEQ2496 makes my system what it is. I don't think any system would be satisfying in my circumstances without it.

warnerwh

« Reply #13 on: 12 Nov 2006, 09:19 am »
"The Behringer DEQ2496 makes my system what it is. I don't think any system would be satisfying in my circumstances without it."

I'll second that. It's a killer deal and the best 300 bucks you can spend. When you consider the average room has dips and peaks of 15db and you're able to smooth this out considerably with no down side I'm aware of the reality of having your cake and eat it too becomes a reality.

One thing I'd recommend though is a better dac. I run mine strictly in the digital domain outputting to a Bel Canto 1.1 dac. The AKM 4393 in the Behringer is actually quite good and I know of two people who have preferred it to dacs costing over a grand but I personally think it's a bit hard sounding. The improvement you get for your money with the DEQ 2496 though is so good that's it's a no brainer. I wouldn't run a system without it unless I had a TACT, which will probably happen. Once you hear the improvements of removing bad peaks in the bass and ameliorating other issues in the frequency spectrum you'll be convinced like the rest of us that digital sound processing is here to stay!

rjlpinto

« Reply #14 on: 17 Dec 2006, 09:19 am »
Hi ARAM,
there are a couple VMPS customers in UK. However, none of them are "online types". From Harmonic Discord I remember a person from Finland with a moniker "Halcyon" who apparently bought something, but since he wasn't my customer I can't help with him either.

VMPS is now available for audition in Slovenia (in Ljubljana, very close to northern Italy and southern Austria), soon in Germany and all the time in Croatia.

Just this weekend there is a three day audio-show in Ljubljana at "M" hotel. There will be 626R FST connected to a Gryphon amplifier.

Dubravko
VMPS Europe

Hi,

I am Ricardo and I live in Portugal. I expect to become an "online type" of owner here :D.
I have the RM30M model in light oak finish. Bought them from VMPS Europe - Dubravko.

Regards,
Ricardo.

Pacio

« Reply #15 on: 17 Feb 2007, 01:16 pm »
May I join?
I'm Marco from Italy and am joining the VMPS club! I decided on a pair of RM30 M but I haven't received them yet, since I ordered from Dubravko early january and they should be on their way to my home somewhere in the States (maybe already on the ocean?..).
I'm just driving Dubravko crazy with dozens emails, asking him tracking numbers, delivery schedule and so on..
Anyway I decided to pull the trigger on VMPS even though I have not listened to them personally, but most of all basing on what I read on reviews, forums and several info on the web.
Actually all of my setup is a bit unusual for an italian audio nut, let me tell you:
Source: CD + DAC North Star Model 192 MKII connected through a Soulcable Partenope silver I2S - RJ45
Pre: Promitheus TVC Reference 3 dual mono passive (waiting to be matched with an active Promitheus tubed pre without volume control)
Amplifier: Odyssey Stratos Extreme stereo
Cables: interconnect and speakers Anti Cables by Paul Speltz, power cords from an italian company Systems&Magic but I'm waiting from Take five audio a DIY kit for the Stratos powercord (Oyaide Tunami cryoed, Oyaide 035 schuko and iec cryoed plugs).
In the future I will need all of your help to fine tune my RM30s!!
Thank you!
Cheers from Italy,
Marco

warnerwh

« Reply #16 on: 18 Feb 2007, 07:24 am »
Congratulations and welcome to the VMPS forum Marco. You will love the RM 30's. They're an outstanding speaker. One friend of mine thinks they sound as good as a 40k american dollars speaker. He's listened to those expensive Wilson speakers many times too in a room designed by Jim Thiel.

Setup is important with any speaker but I think the Vmps speakers setup is more important. This is because the capability of the speaker is so great it's easy to think that's as good as it gets. In my experience though more and more improvements can come from them. It took me months to realize that.

Best wishes to you!

Hipper

« Reply #17 on: 18 Feb 2007, 09:49 am »
Welcome Marco.

As you've probably read, I too bought RM30M's without listening to them first - I have no regrets. I like acoustic and vocal material most, and these speakers are superb for this.

Allow about six months for them to settle in. At first, vocals sound a little harsh but one day you'll notice that harshness disappears to reveal voices like they are in front of you.

Don't remove any putty straight away (unless the instructions with the speakers say so) as you'll probably find (as I did) that it has already been done.

Keep pestering Dubravko - he loves it and it's his job!

Pacio

« Reply #18 on: 18 Feb 2007, 06:13 pm »
Thank you Warnerwh and Hipper,
surely it will be a joy for me "The Fine Art of Pinching Putty" and I will have to deal with putty, pots, cdwg and so on for long time..
I really cannot wait no more..aaarghh!! Dubravko!!! Where are you!!! :lol:
Cheers,
Marco

warnerwh

« Reply #19 on: 19 Feb 2007, 12:32 am »
Actually I'd not mess with the putty for at least a month. Brian has been dialing in each pair before they leave the factory so they're fairly close already. In years past the speakers would be intentionally over damped so you only had to remove some putty. Now they're just about right already. We would pull out about a pea sized ball of putty in the old days.

Room setup is critical with any speaker and these have more potential to sound amazing than most so it's even more important. You'll be happy though. I bought my first Vmps speakers unheard and have been happy with the sound since 1996 and three pair of Vmps speakers. I've heard many others but Vmps speakers offer more than most for the money.