Manny P vs Timmy B

jimdgoulding

Re: Manny P vs Timmy B
« Reply #20 on: 11 Apr 2014, 10:49 pm »
(bump):  I'm hoping I can find some cats in Houston piping this in and will let me join them.  Put it on the Houston Audio Society website and offered to split the cost.

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
« Reply #21 on: 11 Apr 2014, 11:43 pm »

I still don't get why Manny took this fight in the first place. If he loses to Bradley, and he just might, then hasn't he blown his chances to fight Floyd? 

But then again I don't understand why Merriweather would take another fight. Forbes has his wealth estimated at $170 million; how much more scratch does he need? 

Jim, I hope you find a venue to watch the fight.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #22 on: 12 Apr 2014, 02:36 am »
Well, Manny still has to regain the limelight and his last fight hardly counted, at least in the US.  But, you are right about the risk.  If he wins, then the interest in one with Floyd will explode.  Bradley could win and it wouldn't be as much.  Expect a third contest with Bradley if Manny doesn't win Saturday is my guess.

jackman

« Reply #23 on: 12 Apr 2014, 03:31 pm »
Manny will never capture the status he had a few years ago when he steamrolled through multiple divisions, knocking people out cold.  His knockouts of Cotto and Hatton and the beatings he put on guys like delahoya were legendary.  He's older now and, although I predict he will crush Bradley tonight, he's not the same fighter he was a few years ago. It would have been great to have seen Manny fight Floyd back then.

If Manny loses tonight, he needs to hang it up and retire.  If he wins, I see no point in a Bradley rematch and will not watch it. The only fight left it him is Floyd. Otherwise, I don't see any opponents in the horizon that interest me.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #24 on: 12 Apr 2014, 06:39 pm »
Just watched and scored the first fight again:

Round 1- Pacman's three clean punches at the end of the round won it for him 10-9.
Round 2- Pac much more busy. 10-8.
Round 3,4,5- Bradley more aggressive but can't land squarely.  Hurt with a left. 10-9 Pacman, all
Round 6- Manny has begun coasting early and fighting effectively only in the last 1/3 of the round.  Bradley 10-9.
Round 7- Manny continues to coast early and allows Bradley to effectively score points until late.  Still, his connect percentage is much higher.  Very close one. 10-10.
Round 8- Manny is coasting too long in the round.  Bradley 10-9.
Round 9- Pac dominate.  Stunned Bradley.  Pac 10-9.  One judge had this one for Bradley.  Unbelievable.
Round 10- Bradley's best round and looked pretty decisive to me. 10-8.
Round 11- Bradley out-hustled Pac for 10-9.
Round 12- Pac looks tired.  Bradley is just taking his time.  Manny is outboxed.  Bradley 10-9.

Pacman 114; Bradley 113

I didn't see it this close when I first saw the fight.  And the ring announcers damn sure didn't either.  But, this time I was as analytical minute by minute as I could be.  And, if anything, was giving Bradley the benefit of the doubt just to even the playing field of my prejudice at the first fight decision.

Pacman had a much higher connect percentage and hurt Bradley twice (there may have been another 10-8 round for him in there). Bradley stayed the busier over the course in output, tho missing a lot, while Pacman took parts of rounds off.  Bradley hurt his foot early stumbling back.  I don't believe that is bullshit, neither, and I think it had some effect on him. 

I think I'm pickin Bradley, after all, cause he has youth on his side and the knowledge that he has to win decisively.  I know Manny was robbed the first time but Bradley feels he was robbed, too, of respect.

jackman

« Reply #25 on: 12 Apr 2014, 06:55 pm »
Hi Jim,

Wow, you put a lot of time into your analysis.  I don't see this fight going ten rounds, but who knows?  Anything is possible I guess.  One good piece of news (I predict!) is that Bradley's feet are going to be fine for this fight because I don't see him staying on them for the duration.  He is more likely to bruise his chin when he gets hit by Manny and his ass when he lands on it. 

Lastly, when Manny is on his game, he is a punching machine with crazy endurance.  I do NOT think he will take his foot off the gas pedal and coast at all.  He may spend time chasing Bradley if Timmy decides to run away again but it won't be for lack of trying on the part of the Filipino legend.  Even though the 2014 Pacquaio is a shadow of the 2008-9 version (where he was the most dominant compact fighter I have ever seen), he's got enough to finish Bradley unless Timmy chooses to run and hide.  If he runs, I'm hoping he can't hide and "win" another cowardly/controvercial decision.  It would be bad for boxing, a sport with enough problems. 

jimdgoulding

« Reply #26 on: 12 Apr 2014, 07:28 pm »
"One good piece of news (I predict!) is that Bradley's feet are going to be fine for this fight because I don't see him staying on them for the duration.  He is more likely to bruise his chin when he gets hit by Manny and his ass when he lands on it."  You funny, Jackman.  You are predicting a KO then?  Not something I would wager on myself whoever wins.  Bradley can take a punch from what I've seen of him.  Still, Manny's aim and delivery to an opponent's chin IS extraordinary.  Bradley won't be running and hiding.  He's not respectful of the Packster's power and he has to win this thing outright.  He could get clipped, I suppose.  We'll see.

jackman

« Reply #27 on: 12 Apr 2014, 07:59 pm »
Jim, I hope you are right but don't see Bradley trading pinches with Manny.  While we are predicting, I think it is likely Bradley will head butt Manny and possibly open a cut. He's got a history of charging in with his head, and I don't feel it is accidental. Manny is pretty cagey and I hope this does not happen.

Most of all, I'm hoping for an entertaining fight. Boxing sure as hell needs it. I don't like or respect Bradley but I'm not sure how long Pack Man can continue fighting at an elite level. He is 35 years old, I believe and has taken a lot of punishment over the years. He may have a year left, maybe less. Bradley is in his prime and has much more to gain by winning. If he loses, this is most likely his last big payday. If he wins, he may get a shot at Floyd.  Floyd would kill him but it's another payday.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #28 on: 12 Apr 2014, 08:11 pm »
..However, it seemed to me the big problem for Pac was that he was taking care of "The Show". He stopped when Bradley was hurt. He took it easy in the early part of the rounds. He let Bradley show his stuff, and then showed that he could beat the crap out of the guy at will. He was letting the PPV crowd get their money's worth, and winning the rounds, as well.

It almost seems like the judges scored the fight by "Well Pacquiao didn't knock him out, so Bradley won the round!"..

Pacman by KO in the First. If Manny doesn't knock Bradley out by the middle of the second, he's done.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #29 on: 12 Apr 2014, 08:30 pm »
Manny will never capture the status he had a few years ago when he steamrolled through multiple divisions, knocking people out cold.  His knockouts of Cotto and Hatton and the beatings he put on guys like delahoya were legendary.  He's older now and, although I predict he will crush Bradley tonight, he's not the same fighter he was a few years ago. It would have been great to have seen Manny fight Floyd back then.

If Manny loses tonight, he needs to hang it up and retire.  If he wins, I see no point in a Bradley rematch and will not watch it. The only fight left it him is Floyd. Otherwise, I don't see any opponents in the horizon that interest me.
If Manny wins, a Bradley rematch wouldn't interest the boxing moneymakers or hardly anyone unless it was the "fight of the year" or something.  I think Bradley knows this, too.  It's do or die for him.  The prize for all is named Floyd.  Bet on that and I can't imagine why it wouldn't happen unless Floyd doesn't want the fight for some reason.

Hey, Jerry, if Bradley and company aren't on the lookout for that, shame on em.  Tho, in the first fight, Bradley's manager was shouting "you're a warrior" to his fighter between rounds.  After four rounds I should think.  That's a horrific idea from the git.  Bradley doesn't have the big punch.  He needs to survive during this period and give Manny something to doubt, imo.

jackman

« Reply #30 on: 12 Apr 2014, 09:01 pm »
Jerry, I'm not sure about that. Manny can beat this guy by decision, he did it in the first fight in the eyes if anyone but the three crooks judging the fight. I think he'll knock him out because he needs a stunning win for marketing purposes and to eliminate the chances of another robbery decision.

Jim, Floyd doesn't seem to want to fight tough opponents. I guess it's working out well for him because he's raking in the dough but I hate him. My favorite fighter if all time will be the one who knocks that punk ass out cold or even kills him in the ring. I'd pay money to see that guy being carried out in a stretcher. Heck, I'd buy the blue rat DVD and watch it every day.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #31 on: 12 Apr 2014, 09:03 pm »
Stop it, jackman,  I'm cramping from laughter.

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
« Reply #32 on: 12 Apr 2014, 10:17 pm »

My prediction: There won't be a ko, the fight will go ten, Bradley will run and dance, and Manny will take the early rounds but Bradley will take the fight by decision.

And Floyd will remove Jackman from his Christmas card list.

jackman

« Reply #33 on: 12 Apr 2014, 10:54 pm »

My prediction: There won't be a ko, the fight will go ten, Bradley will run and dance, and Manny will take the early rounds but Bradley will take the fight by decision.

And Floyd will remove Jackman from his Christmas card list.

Isn't this a 12 round fight? Also, my prediction of a knockout depends on which Bradley shows up.  He has the ability to fight defensively and run for 12 rounds. He won't win that way this time but he tried to do it against Provatnikov (sp?). When he engaged with Provotnakov, Bradley was almost knocked out. He sustained a concussion against Manny's former sparring partner. Bradley is not an elite fighter but he's no bum. I'm looking forward to this fight but it's not a big deal for me.   I'm really looking forward to Golovken and Chavez this summer. 3G is a fun guy to watch fight. I hope Sergio Martinez grows some balls and agrees to fight him. Also would like to see Andre Reed fight him.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #34 on: 13 Apr 2014, 02:51 am »
Ok, fellas, it's 9:49pm where I'm at (CST) and I dunno what's going on.  Somebody help me.  Damned pay for view was sixty bucks.  I'll expend that for an exquisite recording but not for an hour of boxing. 

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
« Reply #35 on: 13 Apr 2014, 03:47 am »
Jim, it hasn't started yet, Arash Usmanee and Ray Beltran are still fighting with Manny and Bradley now slated to start sometime after midnight.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #36 on: 13 Apr 2014, 03:56 am »
Thanks, KP.  You da man.

vortrex

« Reply #37 on: 13 Apr 2014, 04:16 am »
You can watch it free here.

http://www.p2pfree.net/

Ads will pop up, they will stop after a min or so.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #38 on: 13 Apr 2014, 04:48 am »
Vortex, thanks.  Kindly walk me/us thru it. I dunno which buttons I am supposed to hit.  I would rather not permanently subscribe.  I jes wanna see the fight.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #39 on: 13 Apr 2014, 06:01 am »
Looks like Pacman didn't have any trouble with Bradley, but he couldn't knock him out, either.  A good fight for Pac! :thumb: