Products YOU want reviewed! (2010)

TONEPUB

Re: Products YOU want reviewed! (2010)
« Reply #20 on: 13 Mar 2010, 12:27 am »
You weren't laughing when you folded your forum because you couldn't take criticism.

I folded the forum because I got tired of arguing with the same six malcontents, of which you were one.

People like you are poison.  Nothing is ever right or good enough for you, but the problem is you assume that anyone cares about you.  I've never met you, but I know exactly what kind of man you are - a coward.  You'd never have the nerve to talk to me or anyone else the way you do on the internet in person. 

It's evidenced by every single post you make here and on other forums.  When have you EVER offered one bit of useful advice or friendly encouragement?  Never.  It's always you whining, complaining or belittling someone, and most of the times your insulting comments aren't warranted and rarely clever.

You certainly don't make anything you do available for public criticism, so don't lecture me on who can take it and who can't.  Again, cowardly behavior.

toobluvr

« Reply #21 on: 13 Mar 2010, 01:42 am »
I would like to see you review the Connectors on cables. Pick a pair of cables and then terminate them with Eichmann, Soniccraft, etc. And post your results!
M

How's about blind a/b comparos of different brands of solder used to attach cable connectors?      :eyebrows: 

If we're gonna annoy GP, may as well do it right!     :rotflmao:   :thumb:

gerald porzio

« Reply #22 on: 13 Mar 2010, 01:48 am »
You were the coward who folded his forum because you were thin skinned..

mcullinan

« Reply #23 on: 13 Mar 2010, 01:49 am »
I was totally serious... btw. I have some Eichmanns and like their sound so I was wondering what kind of sound signatures the connectors have.
M

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #24 on: 13 Mar 2010, 01:56 am »
You were the coward who folded his forum because you were thin skinned..
You are screwing up a perfectly good thread.  If you want to name call, please do it in PM. 

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #25 on: 13 Mar 2010, 01:56 am »
I was totally serious... btw. I have some Eichmanns and like their sound so I was wondering what kind of sound signatures the connectors have.
M
This really does have merit.  I'd be interested also.

Scott

gerald porzio

« Reply #26 on: 13 Mar 2010, 01:57 am »
I merely replied to TA's post.

toobluvr

« Reply #27 on: 13 Mar 2010, 02:04 am »
I share your sentiments 100% Jeff.  Just hang in there and ignore the keyboard cowards.  Having said that, I would like to see more folks on this board stand up and shout down the obvious trouble makers.  Maybe they would be less brazen.

Take a look at the majority of GP posts.  He is poison.  The powers that be should be more vigilant about eradicating this type of odious and insidious negativity, instead of launching a witch-hunt against folks for simply using a certain word (hint, hint...FB) that simply describes a real behavior pattern seen here. 

Just my 2 cents. 

srb

« Reply #28 on: 13 Mar 2010, 04:10 am »
...I would like to see more folks on this board stand up and shout down the obvious trouble makers.  Maybe they would be less brazen.

Okay.  Gerald Porzio, your glass-half-empty, negative, contrary, and disrespectful attitude is quite tiresome.

Please either attempt to be nicer and more helpful, or simply just step off.  The world will become a better place for you if you don't regard everyone as your enemy.

Steve

gerald porzio

« Reply #29 on: 13 Mar 2010, 04:23 am »
Unlike some editors who cry malcontent when someone disagrees w/ them, I do not have a persecution complex.

Affordable$$Audio

« Reply #30 on: 13 Mar 2010, 05:27 am »
Gerald:
I'm sorry A$$A content the past two months has failed to meet your universal utopian desires. 

As I mentioned to you before, since A$$A is an all-volunteer operation, the writers review what inspires them which means they are in charge of sourcing most of the review products themselves. 

Just because you list a few items you'd like reviewed it doesn't mean that they are available for review.  Manufacturers and their reps focus getting reviews on their products they want to gain attention.  A$$A writers do their best to review a variety including looking at the requests on this site.

Lastly, I could have sat back and spent the past five years bitching about the lack of reviews of affordably-priced gear.  Instead, I became proactive, therefore, I'm going to tell you the same phrase I tell my jr. high students:
DON"T WHINE, SOLVE!!!! 

JohnR

« Reply #31 on: 13 Mar 2010, 08:45 am »
Mark - if Admin assistance is required, the best way is to move the thread to Quarantine and add a note with the reason for the move. Feel free to PM me or MaxCast if you need additional information.

shep

« Reply #32 on: 13 Mar 2010, 08:58 am »
Just a note of support: It can't be always gratifying or easy to provide an on-line review site like AA and personally I enjoy its contents and editorial "bias". In fact I'm one of those weirdos who likes to read about cables, especially ones I own (Grover SX). I wouldn't rise to the bait Jeff, it just gives importance to the person or people involved. You have defended yourself appropriatly. Let it go. Some people have too much dead time and work out their issues wherever and however they can.
Regarding the question; lesser known brands of either speakers or amps would be nice.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #33 on: 13 Mar 2010, 10:36 am »
I'd love to see a review on this DAC:     http://www.mavaudio.com/

Ed L.

JeffBrown

« Reply #34 on: 14 Mar 2010, 06:59 pm »
I'd love to see the Maverick reviewed as well!!!  Maybe this thread will sway them... 

Jeff Brown

cstory

• Seaching for clues
« Reply #35 on: 16 Mar 2010, 01:22 pm »
Maybe you could get a hold of one of Selah Audio's RAAL tweeter monitors for review. They aren't cheap, but they appear to offer outstanding value.

Delta Wave

« Reply #36 on: 16 Mar 2010, 01:32 pm »
I'd love to see a review on this DAC:     http://www.mavaudio.com/

Ed L.
Looks interesting!

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #37 on: 16 Mar 2010, 01:41 pm »
Delta Wave--check out the thread in "Cheap and Cheerful"

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=78467.0

I think I'm in for one soon...hopefully.

Delta Wave

« Reply #38 on: 16 Mar 2010, 01:54 pm »
Delta Wave--check out the thread in "Cheap and Cheerful"

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=78467.0

I think I'm in for one soon...hopefully.
I missed the NY tour... bummer. I don't really need it but it does look interesting. Thanks for the link!

rodge827

« Reply #39 on: 16 Mar 2010, 02:06 pm »
How about Omega Loudspeakers, DNM IC's and speaker wire.