The LFP-V Editions are here!!!

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
The LFP-V Editions are here!!!
« on: 30 Jul 2010, 05:13 pm »
Hi all,

As promised, I have an exciting announcement today:  The release of our new LFP-V Edition for ALL Red Wine Audio hi-fi components (except for Black Lightning, but I’m working on it next!).

The LFP-V Edition adds our new vacuum tube-stage and our premium LiFePO4 (LFP) battery pack into all units, taking their performance to a whole new level! :singing:

New units and upgrades too!

LFP-V Edition is available for all new orders, and is offered as a factory-installed modification to existing customer units.  These upgrades include:

•   Vacuum-tube stage (except for Isabella tube preamplifier, which already has one of those  :wink:)
•   LFP battery pack
•   LFP battery charger
•   SMART 1224 board modified for use with our new LFP technology
•   LFP-V Edition emblem below power switch on front panel
•   LFP-V Edition product manual
•   New 5-year warranty

Visit www.redwineaudio.com and click "Learn More" to see product details and pricing.
[NOTE - you might have to clear your browser cache and/or refresh to see the updated page]

In addition to pricing, the linked page LFP-V Edition page has details for ordering LFP-V Editions products / upgrades.

Orders for LFP-V Editions will be worked on in the order they are received.

Thank you for all your continued interest and support for Red Wine Audio. These are very exciting times, and 2010 is not over yet!  More good stuff to follow... 8)

Best regards,

Vinnie

browellm

Re: The LFP-V Editions are here!!!
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jul 2010, 05:30 pm »
Very, very interesting Vinnie.

Couple of questions:

Pricing.  How much is a 70.2 upgrade?  Is it $1000, or $2000.  The way I read it, either could be the case.

International upgrades.  I'm in the UK.  Do I ship back to you, or are you going to let your distributor do the mods?

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jul 2010, 05:39 pm »
Hi browellm,

Thanks!

It is $1000 per monoblock, and yes - they must be shipped back to me for the upgrade.  See:
http://www.redwineaudio.com/about/terms-and-conditions#lfpv-upgrade

The modification is very labor intensive - it involves taking apart the unit, drilling the enclosure in a few locations (for heat sinking linear voltage regulators, installing the AC/Batt switch, mounting the tube stage, etc.) and a whole lot of re-wiring, as well as mods to the SMART board, a new battery bracket for the new LiFePO4 battery pack, factory testing (and renewing the 5-year warranty), and other stuff I know I'm forgetting to mention due to lack of sleep all week  :green:

I mod each unit - nobody else touches them!

Here are a few informal pics of an Isabellina HPA LFP-V Edition:

All the best,

Vinnie
« Last Edit: 31 Jul 2010, 12:33 pm by Vinnie R. »

Mariusz

« Reply #3 on: 30 Jul 2010, 10:57 pm »
Not sure if these questions were asked or if it was already discussed somewhere else.
If so, my appalogy.

* is buffer ONLY option available?
* is battery upgrade only available?
* if so, what cost for each are we looking at?
* is the tube choice strictly 6922 or ..... ????

Thanks
Mariusz :thumb:

P.S

In respect to the price of these upgrades for existing costumers, I am guessing that new products or upgraded products will be priced accordingly????

Looking forward to first impressions with all these bells and whistles. :notworthy: :drool: :dance: :wine:

Alwayswantmore

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jul 2010, 11:23 pm »
Ok gentelfolks,

You are looking at the very first LFP-V Edition product ever built. Vinnie said he put in most of a day building this by hand (as he does all products). I help Vinnie with the Web site, and knowing this was about to be introduced, asked to have the honor of being his first LFP-V customer (look closely at the lower right corner of the photo).

I was an early adopter of the Signature 30, being the first to pair K1000s with his wonderful amps. Hearing Vinnie’s enthusiasm for the new Edition has me excited even before I ever hit the “on” button.

I thought tonight would be the great unveiling, but apparently the mailperson must be an audiophile too, because the unit wasn’t at my doorstep as expected when I got home today.  :scratch: So I’ll post impressions and more eye-candy when I can.

Next up for me is to upgrade my Signature 30.2 to an LFP-V Edition.

BTW: My HPA is configured as headphone amp with fixed outputs. So I intend to run Mackbook / USB / HPA / Sig 30.2 / Omega Alnicos & Deep Hemp. Headphones? Anyones guess. I’ll soon have a set of AKG 701s and Audeze LCD-2s in my listening room. So plenty of fun and games in my future.

I want to congratulate Vinnie on what I believe will be a great win for him, but likely an even bigger win for music lovers and current customers who can now upgrade their listening experience without pawning the family jewels.
« Last Edit: 31 Jul 2010, 02:33 am by Alwayswantmore »

coldfogey

« Reply #5 on: 30 Jul 2010, 11:26 pm »
Is the tube ckt. in the isabellina the same as the one in the isabella?

Alwayswantmore

« Reply #6 on: 30 Jul 2010, 11:30 pm »
Is the tube ckt. in the isabellina the same as the one in the isabella?

Hi coldfogey, not sure what "ckt." means? This is the same tube (6922). But not the same tube stage. If you follow the link above you can find a list of compatible tubes.

Alwayswantmore

« Reply #7 on: 30 Jul 2010, 11:32 pm »
Not sure if these questions were asked or if it was already discussed somewhere else.
If so, my appalogy.

* is buffer ONLY option available?
* is battery upgrade only available?
* if so, what cost for each are we looking at?
* is the tube choice strictly 6922 or ..... ????

Thanks

P.S

In respect to the price of these upgrades for existing costumers, I am guessing that new products or upgraded products will be priced accordingly????

Looking forward to first impressions with all these bells and whistles. :notworthy: :drool: :dance: :wine:

I'll let Vinnie answer in detail. But pricing and tubes can be found by following the links.

Mariusz

« Reply #8 on: 30 Jul 2010, 11:47 pm »
Took a closer look and it appears that:

* "No Price Increase!
LFP-V Edition upgrades now come bundled with all new Red Wine Audio hi-fi components, at no additional charge".

Which is great for NEW customers....... not so great for rest of us ( resale value )

* Since the Isabella preamp option for new battery PS is $500, I figure that tube buffer option would be more or less the same.........but availability and pricing is only my speculation. :scratch:

All the best

Alwayswantmore

« Reply #9 on: 30 Jul 2010, 11:58 pm »
After spending many hours working with Vinnie on the new release, my thoughts have been focused on product upgrades (for my Sig 30.2). 

But I understand your point re. resale value.

Kent

Mariusz

« Reply #10 on: 31 Jul 2010, 12:07 am »
I am sure Vinnie does what is best for the business. :cry:

Good job on the website  :thumb:

Cheers :thumb:

texendo

« Reply #11 on: 31 Jul 2010, 01:44 am »
If I weren't out of town, my Isabella and 70.2's would already be in transit.  Freaking sweet!  I'm only sad that I'll have to be without my rig for a few days...  I'm also quite glad that value/price ratio seems to be quite hi.  Very impressive Vinnie.  Thank you for making this happen!

Alwayswantmore

« Reply #12 on: 31 Jul 2010, 01:47 am »
I am sure Vinnie does what is best for the business. :cry:

Good job on the website  :thumb:

Cheers :thumb:
Thanks. Vinnie is a pleasure to work with. I've owned his equipment for a number of years, but this is my first RWA acquisition since I started working for him.

In recent weeks I’ve lived vicariously through his words, watching his excitement build as the release evolved from paper designs, to PCBs and raw components, and now finally a finished product.

I’ll post more once the postman is done listening to my HPA  :lol: :duh: :lol:

coldfogey

« Reply #13 on: 31 Jul 2010, 02:15 am »

"ckt" is short for circuit.  I notice there are two tubes in the in the Isabella and only one in the isabellina.  I was hoping for the same amplification that is in the Isabella.  Thats a lot of money for a better battery and a buffer.  I just might save up for an updated  Isabella.  Any one interested in an older Isabellina?

Profbratsch

« Reply #14 on: 31 Jul 2010, 05:23 am »
* "No Price Increase!
LFP-V Edition upgrades now come bundled with all new Red Wine Audio hi-fi components, at no additional charge".

Which is great for NEW customers....... not so great for rest of us ( resale value )

If I were a member of the Flavor of the Month Club I might be concerned about resale value; however, my 70.2s and Isabella will be the last components of their types in my system and it is worth it...at least for me...to purchase this substantial upgrade.

Come to think of it, I can still be a member of the Flavor of the Month Club...so many tubes to try, so little time... :)
« Last Edit: 31 Jul 2010, 07:03 am by Profbratsch »

Profbratsch

« Reply #15 on: 31 Jul 2010, 05:37 am »
Thats a lot of money for a better battery and a buffer.

coldfogey,

If this were a plug-and-play scenario your point might be valid, but there is a lot of work to be done to get each unit to LFP-V status.  I'm pretty certain you'll love the Isabella, if you indeed choose that option.  You can always sell your interconnects to ease some of the pain.  :wink:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #16 on: 31 Jul 2010, 06:03 am »
Nice work Vinnie.....good luck !!! :beer:

Mariusz

« Reply #17 on: 31 Jul 2010, 06:16 am »
I think you are missing the point Profbratsch.
My HPAs isn't... aren't going anywhere but the sour aftertaste refuse to wash away.
If you think that I can risk 2K on upgrades at this economy and NOT consider a resell value.....think again. Nothing personal but in my opinion, it is a big FU to old customers.
Just my 2 cents.

P.S
I am saying it as lightly as I possibly can since I met Vinnie on several occasions and know the man in person. He is a stand up guy with great products but RWA direction seems to sway away in territory that becomes very distant for most of us........potential and old supporters.
Sorry
My big mouth always gets me in trouble so this isn't the first time but I rather say what I feel and be honest then fabricate my posts or kiss a**.

Eadron

« Reply #18 on: 31 Jul 2010, 07:40 am »
Hi all,

and congrats to you Vinnie! Also great congrats to new customers. But being a foreign current RWA customer, with Isabella w/ DAC and 70.2 Sigs, however, I feel pretty much the same than Mariusz  :(..

Those ugrades with multiple shippings, VATs and custom duties will cost a fortune to say the least  :shake:..on the other hand if you won't upgrade, your unmodified RWA gear pretty much comes obsolete thinking especially resale value.. :scratch:

Jouni

wilsynet

« Reply #19 on: 31 Jul 2010, 08:53 am »
Technology improves, prices sometimes go down and sometimes prices go up.  If Vinnie found a way to improve technology, reduce cost and hold the line on price, I think it's very good that he's able to do that.

Sure, I'm disappointed about what will obviously be lower resale value of my Isabella.  But that's what happens when new gear is introduced.  I'm delighted that the Macintosh laptop that I have today is cheaper, faster, and better in every conceivable way than the one before.

Progress and innovation are great.  And if they can be done at lower cost, then so much the better.