SongTower and Cardas Speaker Placement?

Nuance

Re: SongTower and Cardas Speaker Placement?
« Reply #20 on: 10 Aug 2008, 10:10 pm »
Hey Brandon,

How far out are the ST's going to be from the front wall?

How close is the L speaker going to be to the sidewall?

How far apart are you planning on having the speakers?

Have a sub or will be using a sub in the near future?

Can you tell us a little more about the table in front of the L speaker?  Height, composition, how far will it be from the front of the speaker, and can it be relocated without WAF approval?   :icon_lol:

Do you have any sound treatment panels?  If so, where are they located?  If not, would you consider getting some?

Geez, and I thought my 30' x 13' had issues...

That's it for now.

Peace and later,
Lou
- The speakers are going to be about 2-3 feet from the back wall and the left speaker will be between 2-3 feet from the side wall. 

- The speakers should be around 9 feet apart and the listening position will be about 10 feet away. 

- I am planning on picking up a capable sub ASAP, but I don't have anything right now.  I also don't have acoustics panels because I sold them when I sold my sub, however they are on my "to purchase soon" list.

- The table is a side table that is about 2' x 2' x 2'.  It can and will be relocated as the subwoofer may takes its place.  It is wood, glass and metal (matches the coffee table which I have moved to behind the couch for now, also where the other side table is).

I am planning on putting something next to the left speaker to absorb any reflections from the side wall, and I'll also throw up a first reflection panel (or at least a picture or something) on the left wall. 

Thanks for any advice.