Converting a DVD-A ISO into FLAC files

Thetwinmeister

Converting a DVD-A ISO into FLAC files
« on: 23 Feb 2011, 03:36 am »
Greetings everyone. Upon some Googleing I found this thread http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=88930.0 but want to do the opposite; Take a DVD-A ISO file and turn it into FLAC files, or at least be able to play the audio with bit-perfect output somehow. I believe the resolution of the file is 24/192, and I do indeed have a soundcard and system capable of playing this. I've already tried mounting the ISO and playing it with various programs including the latest versions of Power DVD and WinDVD.

Thanks!

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: Converting a DVD-A ISO into FLAC files
« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb 2011, 05:50 pm »
not sure how you got your hands on a DVD-A.iso without using a DVD-Audio ripper (in which case rip to FLAC files as per my primer here...a sticky) but...

Worst case burn to disc using imgburn or dvdfab and then use one of the recommended DVD-Audio rippers to rip to FLAC files.  Those rippers (DVDAexplorer or the newest version of DVD Audio Extractor) are documented here:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=69151.0

Thetwinmeister

« Reply #2 on: 24 Feb 2011, 01:57 am »
This occurd to me, but I wanted to avoid having to burn/rip at all costs due to jitter. I do not have an external burner on my computer, and the last thing I want to do is subjugate these files to the great evil that is jitter. (I know you can just burn it at a slower rate to avoid jitter, but thats no fun.  8) Besides, its already on my computer.)

Has anyone tried to mount a virtual drive and then use on of the many listed programs to rip it "virtually"? I'd try but... So many to choose from. :?

Thanks  :)

Thetwinmeister

« Reply #3 on: 25 Feb 2011, 04:19 am »
It seems I have the opposite problem. At first I was overwhelmed with all the softwares listed around this forum and on other sites linked here. Come to find out however, I haven't been able to find a ripper that will actually rip 192Khz files. I took my sweet time burning a DVD at x8 speed too... Regardless, that won't greatly aid me if I can't rip the files. I don't want to convert them or anything either...

Also, do Blu Ray rippers exist? I bought the 3 disk set of Inception and want to rip the 5.1 24/48 soundtrack on the second disk. Is that possible?

Sorry, I'm pretty new to ripping  :| Its not as straightforward as I originally thought.

Thetwinmeister

« Reply #4 on: 26 Feb 2011, 08:48 pm »
Actually, no need for my last post. I found a FooBar2000 plugin that will allow it to directly read the files in the ISO image. No need to even mount the image, just drag and drop into the que and it automatically grabs the appropriate files for playback.

Cheers!

vanessa.taylor23

« Reply #5 on: 30 Aug 2011, 01:24 am »
i have another dvd ripper, and i encounter the same problem as you, the ripper cannot complete such a conversion, could you plz tell me some details about how you realize it?
i got it from here http://www.rersoft.com/dvd/dvd-to-audio-ripper.html