RLL1

Re: Picture Food Needed
« Reply #900 on: 1 Sep 2011, 03:40 pm »
Wow  :o  The detail is amazing!

Robert D

« Reply #901 on: 2 Sep 2011, 01:13 am »
Greetings Robert  :D

I have a few more photos and will track them down over the weekend and post  them. The ship you see in that post is the SS Mogannon and is approximately 84 inches long and can be radio controlled. It is a replica of the actual ship. My Dad builds them as a hobby. The one pictured below is the Empress of Russia and is 96 inches long and I think that this model required over one year of constant work. I so proud of my Dad, he does beautiful work and is most definitely my hero.

:D

Be well...
Masterpiece
a work of art
Thank you Robert

Robert D

« Reply #902 on: 2 Sep 2011, 01:15 am »
wow... Laundrew  :thumb:

if you have time post some more pic's

Robert

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #903 on: 2 Sep 2011, 12:45 pm »
Laundrew ponders purchasing a new "old" lathe for his studio "rehabilitation." This is a 1942 Monarch 10EE metal lathe made in the USA.

:drool:

Be well....

jaxwired

« Reply #904 on: 2 Sep 2011, 01:01 pm »
jaxwired - Where did you get those acoustical panels with the pictures on them?

Audimute.com  They will put any image you want on any size panel you want.  I picked those from an online image site with millions of images.  Warning, it ain't cheap...

jaxwired

« Reply #905 on: 2 Sep 2011, 01:09 pm »
On a much more sinister note, Gothic pictures, Gargoyles and antique radios make their first foray outside of Laundrew's room, they are but the vanguard. Today the Home Theatre room, tomorrow Lady Laundrew will dye her hair black - yeah right, but I can still dream....

Be well...

Those gargoyles are really cool.  Diggin it!

Laundrew

« Reply #906 on: 2 Sep 2011, 01:37 pm »
Those gargoyles are really cool.  Diggin it!

Mmmm... Gargoyles  :drool:

With Christmas just around the corner, Lady Laundrew will no doubt "surprise" Laundrew with more gargoyles - oh please be still my beating heart and perhaps if I am most fortunate, a new ceremonial robe will also be under the tree. This is an older photo as I was still using the Marantz.

Be well...

SoundGame

« Reply #907 on: 3 Sep 2011, 02:46 am »
Mmmm... Gargoyles  :drool:

With Christmas just around the corner, Lady Laundrew will no doubt "surprise" Laundrew with more gargoyles - oh please be still my beating heart and perhaps if I am most fortunate, a new ceremonial robe will also be under the tree. This is an older photo as I was still using the Marantz.

Be well...

Laundrew - lower left of the picture on the corner of the desk, next to the file cabinet.  The little red figurine - is that the robort figure from the animated movie "Robots" that Robin Williams did the voiceover for?  Looks familiar.

PRELUDE

« Reply #908 on: 3 Sep 2011, 05:57 am »

Laundrew

« Reply #909 on: 3 Sep 2011, 12:46 pm »

Laundrew - lower left of the picture on the corner of the desk, next to the file cabinet.  The little red figurine - is that the robort figure from the animated movie "Robots" that Robin Williams did the voiceover for?  Looks familiar.

Right you are, I think that Robin did an excellent job with bringing the character "Fender" to life  :thumb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvqUmV1Qf6E&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbmQhXr1vN4&feature=related

be well...

SoundGame

« Reply #910 on: 3 Sep 2011, 01:35 pm »
Right you are, I think that Robin did an excellent job with bringing the character "Fender" to life  :thumb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvqUmV1Qf6E&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbmQhXr1vN4&feature=related

be well...

I agree.  I've watched it many times, both with and without the kids.

Laundrew

« Reply #911 on: 3 Sep 2011, 11:32 pm »
A few more model ships...

SS Moygannon

Waverley

Flying Meteor (Dad used to sail on this as a young boy with his Grand Father whom was the skipper)

Here is the actual Flying Meteor. During a trip to Scotland, my Dad was searching local archives to see if any photographs existed of this tugboat. He did manage to locate a few photographs and what is interesting is that my Dad is in these photo's and he remembers the photographer taking these pictures. He is near the stern of the tugboat in this photo.

Lord Garth (I was most honoured to rename this model)

I do not remember the name of this German ship.

Queen Mary II

Dad is currently building the RMS Titanic at this time.

Be well...

BrysTony

« Reply #912 on: 3 Sep 2011, 11:48 pm »
Laundrew,

Your Dad's work is awesome.  The detail is incredible.   :thumb: :thumb: to him.

Tony

PRELUDE

« Reply #913 on: 4 Sep 2011, 01:23 am »
Laundrew,
Your dad is a true craftsman and must have a very nice personality too. :thumb: :thumb:
Here some pices for him.

SoundGame

« Reply #914 on: 5 Sep 2011, 12:14 am »
Not a new acquistion but given some of the photography I've seen - I was inspired to try to take some better shots of my Bryston gear+:

« Last Edit: 5 Sep 2011, 02:37 am by SoundGame »

spinner

« Reply #915 on: 5 Sep 2011, 11:07 am »

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #916 on: 5 Sep 2011, 08:09 pm »
...nice pics, guys! and hey, Spinner...the BP25's power supply is now an angel's place, right?!?!  :thumb:

al.

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #917 on: 6 Sep 2011, 05:20 am »
Very cool, guys!

HsvHeelFan

« Reply #918 on: 7 Sep 2011, 05:07 am »
Laundrew ponders purchasing a new "old" lathe for his studio "rehabilitation." This is a 1942 Monarch 10EE metal lathe made in the USA.

:drool:

Be well....

Laundrew, what model milling machine do I see over in the corner?    Is it an old Bridgeport?

HsvHeelFan

Laundrew

« Reply #919 on: 7 Sep 2011, 10:14 pm »
Laundrew, what model milling machine do I see over in the corner?    Is it an old Bridgeport?

HsvHeelFan

Greetings HsvHeelFan :D

Not too sure as I was paying more attention to the lathe. It is a "Bridgeport" style mill, I will look at the mill when I pick up the lathe next week and let you know.

Be well...