Picture Food Needed

Robert D

Re: Picture Food Needed
« Reply #1280 on: 15 Mar 2013, 03:14 pm »
Don we are still in Renovations, where you see the burgundy chesterfield ... That’s the sweet spot ..
But yet there is a open wall behind the sweet spot that leads in to my dining room ... It's open at 6 feet.
I'm debating if I should open it to 8 or 9 feet.. for eating purposes lol ...  :thumb:

Robert
Here is the opening in the wall
Regards Robert

drummermitchell

« Reply #1281 on: 15 Mar 2013, 03:17 pm »
man,love the space :thumb:.

werd

« Reply #1282 on: 15 Mar 2013, 05:33 pm »
here is a pic of my new/demo speakers. I got a deal on them that I couldn't ignore. They are gorgeous.

Wharfedale opus2-3

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqwhtSdZ7OdN-qby3n5RUewWkA7_RIgcy-pTZG7MXjcLLo9oC8

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #1283 on: 15 Mar 2013, 06:04 pm »
here is a pic of my new/demo speakers. I got a deal on them that I couldn't ignore. They are gorgeous.

Wharfedale opus2-3

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqwhtSdZ7OdN-qby3n5RUewWkA7_RIgcy-pTZG7MXjcLLo9oC8

They sure look the part!!!!

james

werd

« Reply #1284 on: 15 Mar 2013, 06:12 pm »
Te ones i bought  actually are in piano black but still stunning. I wish that photo didn't post with a link in front.

Robert D

« Reply #1285 on: 15 Mar 2013, 10:12 pm »
Looking Good werd  :thumb:

When they are up and running post some pic's
I'm a piano black guy as well ! best way to keep the dust off them is a Good Wax every once in a while  :D

Robert

Napalm

« Reply #1286 on: 16 Mar 2013, 04:06 pm »
Das Referenz:

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #1287 on: 16 Mar 2013, 06:16 pm »

Wharfedale opus2-3

Congrats ! Them speakers is purrrrty !  :thumb:

D.D.

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #1288 on: 21 Mar 2013, 11:55 am »

Sometimes a few dollars invested in a room reno can go a little ways in improving your system's audio performance - the addition will essentially become a "mini-den" in my listening room.

Be well...

Robert D

« Reply #1289 on: 21 Mar 2013, 12:11 pm »
Looking Good !  Laundrew  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

New Puppy on it's way Today

Regards Robert
« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2013, 07:59 pm by Robert D »

Chicago

« Reply #1290 on: 21 Mar 2013, 02:34 pm »
good looking pup

Mike

Laundrew

« Reply #1291 on: 21 Mar 2013, 02:57 pm »
What a sweetie  :D

Be well...

Robert D

« Reply #1292 on: 21 Mar 2013, 08:01 pm »
Thanks Laundrew, It is still very hard on me...
My wife wanted to jump on a New Puppy.. I guess I'm  ready....

Regards Robert

Robert D

« Reply #1293 on: 21 Mar 2013, 08:02 pm »
good looking pup

Mike

Thank you Sir

Robert

Laundrew

« Reply #1294 on: 22 Mar 2013, 11:45 am »
Thanks Laundrew, It is still very hard on me...
My wife wanted to jump on a New Puppy.. I guess I'm  ready....

Regards Robert

I understand, I still dearly miss my absent friends, Misty our Calico and our black lab Apollo. They have been gone now for feels like a lifetime. "Wipes tear from eye."

Can't wait to see more puppy pictures Robert - you know the type as in "how hard it is" to be a pup in a loving household.  :thumb:

A Boxer "random leg attack."

The mandatory "rest and relaxation" after said leg attack.

Be well...

yioryos

« Reply #1295 on: 23 Mar 2013, 12:41 am »
 :D Hi Laundrew
 I got a question if you don't mind.
I do renovations and construction work (I am a Glazier by trade) so I looked at your pictures,the before and after look. You did well and I got the same Dewalt sliding saw,although mine is the original they came out with which I slightly prefer over the latest redesigned saw. Now judging by the towel under the door in the 1st pic,you must of had draft coming through. What was the other side? a garage ,unheated space?
So the question is why did you build a drop ceiling? I mean I think it wasn't required , plus you decrease the headroom. Also why use 2x8 lumber and 2x6 for the ceiling. Are you trying to sound proof the room?
Anyway great effort and I hope you enjoy the room.
Regards
George

s4s4s4

« Reply #1296 on: 23 Mar 2013, 03:39 am »
A cat loved sleeping on this 4B

Laundrew

« Reply #1297 on: 23 Mar 2013, 04:48 am »
 I got a question if you don't mind.
I do renovations and construction work (I am a Glazier by trade) so I looked at your pictures,the before and after look. You did well and I got the same Dewalt sliding saw,although mine is the original they came out with which I slightly prefer over the latest redesigned saw. Now judging by the towel under the door in the 1st pic,you must of had draft coming through. What was the other side? a garage ,unheated space?
So the question is why did you build a drop ceiling? I mean I think it wasn't required , plus you decrease the headroom. Also why use 2x8 lumber and 2x6 for the ceiling. Are you trying to sound proof the room?
Anyway great effort and I hope you enjoy the room.
Regards
George

Greetings George  :D

First and foremost - Laundrew is a very green rookie when it comes to renovations  :D

This is all on our basement level and I used the towel to stop dust from coming into my listening room as I was working on the other side of the wall. The previous owners had a walk in closet and in my case, was just used for storage. The first photo is of the closet and the second photo is it removed.

The main consideration for the renovation was to open up a little more space between my chair and audio gear. My antique librarians desk takes up a lot of floor space and you can see by the bottom photo, my chair is not very far away from the speakers.

I considered many reasons for using a dropped ceiling. As the room addition is basically a "mini den," the dropped ceiling creates the feel of  two separate rooms - even though it is only a single room you get a sense of transition from one part of the room to the other and their functions are very distinct. The built in CD rack and bookshelf also accents this. I enjoy the sensation of walls pressing in around me and I find the mini den very comfortable and secluded, the dropped ceiling really made this work for me and with the light dimmers it will truly be my Xanadu.

An unplanned bonus, as you mentioned, is for the extra sound proofing. The area above the mini den is a hallway and the floor joists are already insulated and with the 2X6 dropped ceiling it doubles the insulation to about ten inches. The dropped ceiling also has all the ruff-ins for ceiling speakers and 2X6's gave me a little more room for the speaker modules (for my computer). This is rather an experiment for me as I want this room to have a Victorian Gothic atmosphere. Perhaps when it is completed I could post a photo essay from start to finish. Thanks for your interest and hope this answered your questions.

Be well...

yioryos

« Reply #1298 on: 23 Mar 2013, 07:17 pm »
Yes,  it makes sense . Your work is very well done,very clean and well planned,certainly "not rookie"work  by any stretch of imagination. It looks like your worked hard and deserve praise. I redid my basement three years ago. I lost about 25 lbs of weight in hard labor, about 20 thousand dollars in expenses,it nearly cost my marriage as my wife almost walked out on me tired from the on going mess and dust,and guess what it's still not 100% done as I got sick of it and left a few things (floor tiling,drywall) undone,,, which I am planning to complete this summer hopefully.!!!!  Two summers ago I had to build a shack in the yard just to house all the tools I bought over the years.   :roll:

I love your system , especially the monster amps.
Enjoy
George

Robert D

« Reply #1299 on: 24 Mar 2013, 06:44 pm »

Enjoy This  :thumb:

Regards Robert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ7AfSO2fKs