Picture Food Needed

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
Re: Picture Food Needed
« Reply #1140 on: 26 Aug 2012, 07:52 pm »
These are some of my favourite photographs that I have taken, we had to fly down to Reno for a few days to maintain a couple of our squadron CF-18's.

Be well...

Robert D

« Reply #1141 on: 30 Aug 2012, 11:10 am »
Laundrew

Great pic's  :thumb:

Robert

PRELUDE

« Reply #1142 on: 30 Aug 2012, 12:24 pm »
Laundrew,
How are you doing with your home made machine shop?
Did you buy anything new lately? :thumb:

PRELUDE

« Reply #1143 on: 30 Aug 2012, 12:40 pm »
I'm very Happy with the out come. These are my 1st pair of Subs
Huge complement to my System  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Robert
Very nice set up Robert. :thumb:
Did you try to move the subs around the room?

Laundrew

« Reply #1144 on: 30 Aug 2012, 02:06 pm »
Laundrew,
How are you doing with your home made machine shop?
Did you buy anything new lately? :thumb:
Greetings PRELUDE,

My last purchase was a Buffalo No. 14 drill press - for some reason I feel like it is Christmas when I go into my studio. I have not done any work to speak of since the winter because of Hector's knee issues. I was very worried for my friend during the last 7 months or so and now that the surgeries are complete we can all move on. This morning I ordered my motor and VFD for the lathe and an interesting point is that the motor is constant torque down to 20 rpm. Motor controls have certainly come a long way. I am presently looking at a 1907ish Brown & Sharpe No. 1A horizontal milling machine but the owner wants to sell all his equipment as a package. I have a hundred or so CDs that I have ordered over this year that I still must listen to over my equipment - I have not been able to enjoy my gear this year.

Wish list - Brown & Sharpe N0. 1A

Buffalo No. 14 Drill Press

Studio

Studio

Be well...

PRELUDE

« Reply #1145 on: 30 Aug 2012, 02:27 pm »
Laundrew,I think you will be very happy when set everything up and start working or I should say enjoying in your own shop. :thumb:

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #1146 on: 30 Aug 2012, 11:35 pm »
Awesome system, marsboer!  :thumb:

Laundrew

« Reply #1147 on: 31 Aug 2012, 02:18 pm »
Tug Boats are simply awesome - I could not resist snapping a few photos of these beasties when we visited Scotland many years ago.

Be well...

Laundrew

« Reply #1148 on: 31 Aug 2012, 02:31 pm »
A typical day at work on the Ramp at Goose Bay...

Twin Huey that was replaced by the CH146.

The worst part of the job was when an accident occurred and unfortunately, it happened way too much. This was a German F4 accident - you can see in the distance where the aircraft first impacted the ground.

Be well...

Laundrew

« Reply #1149 on: 1 Sep 2012, 05:39 pm »
Heavy metal extreme - a Garratt articulated steam locomotive at the Summerlee industrial museum in Scotland.

Lady Laundrew, the all guiding light in my dark existence, possess beside the Garratt to give scale to the locomotive.

I managed to find an on-line photo after the Garratt was restored - beautiful machine. It seems that we have lost so much of our imagination and it ended after Apollo.

And I even like the music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxEAfw7Sgr4&feature=related

Be well...

Laundrew

« Reply #1150 on: 1 Sep 2012, 08:54 pm »
I am always on the look out for any opportunity to pick-up that special piece of industrial metal working machinery, that "speaks" to me. I saw these two photos online when I was searching for another milling machine and I could not help but relate these two images to the gradual demise of the North American manufacturing industry.

Be well...

Laundrew

« Reply #1151 on: 4 Sep 2012, 12:02 am »
A most productive weekend, the studio is insulated and the vapour barrier installed. Next comes the drywall and paint - I was considering red with white trim and a few gargoyles here and there with some tastefully placed Anna-Varney Cantodea photos - oh please be still my beating heart.

Be well...

PRELUDE

« Reply #1152 on: 4 Sep 2012, 01:06 am »
A most productive weekend, the studio is insulated and the vapour barrier installed. Next comes the drywall and paint - I was considering red with white trim and a few gargoyles here and there with some tastefully placed Anna-Varney Cantodea photos - oh please be still my beating heart.

Be well...
Laundrew,
Did you think about listening to music in your new studio?
How about some in wall speakers before you finish the walls?

Laundrew

« Reply #1153 on: 4 Sep 2012, 01:27 am »
Actually I was leaning towards a system like juxwired posted a little while ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IvfE63B1XY&feature=plcp

Be well...

Laundrew

« Reply #1154 on: 4 Sep 2012, 01:37 am »
A CP140 Aurora...

Be well...

PRELUDE

« Reply #1155 on: 4 Sep 2012, 01:46 am »
Actually I was leaning towards a system like juxwired posted a little while ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IvfE63B1XY&feature=plcp

Be well...
That would work also. :D
I will post some pictures if I ever finish mine.Just did the roof on the garage from scratch,two new doors,two automatic openers and 220 wiring for my welding machine.
BTW,thanks god summer is over and I do not feel like to go to work tomorrow. :(

Vipers

« Reply #1156 on: 4 Sep 2012, 03:01 pm »
Busy setting up a new Bryston/PMC dealership in the UK, all going well should be open in a couple of weeks, had an artist in yesterday to paint one of the demo rooms feature walls in the company name, I think it looks really cool  :)

This gives more of an idea of size, can't wait now to get all the furniture in place to see how it all looks when finished.

Laundrew

« Reply #1157 on: 11 Sep 2012, 08:19 pm »
I picked up my motor and VFD yesterday to start the drive conversion for my 1940s Monarch Lathe. The original drive used a 3 phase motor driving a DC generator which powered the DC motor - quite a system. It is an absolute treat to see the craftsmanship and attention to detail that went into these machines. Consider today, the majority of manufacturers are perfectly happy with producing junk for our throw away society.

The WEG motor/ VFD combination provides constant torque down to 20 rpm and I plan on eliminating the 5:1 gearbox, if I am not happy with the performance, the gearbox can still be adapted to the motor as it is a "C" face. What is ironic is that the cost of modifying these old machines ends up costing more than the purchase price of the machine. This motor combination was approximately $1400.00. The original flat belt drive may also be replaced during this mod.

1940s Monarch Lathe

DC Motor and Controller

5:1 Gearbox

WEG 3 phase, 3 HP motor with VFD

Be well...

rmurray

« Reply #1158 on: 11 Sep 2012, 11:07 pm »

[/img]    Jack likes the Brysyon BHA-1     :thumb:

Laundrew