Re: Picture Food Needed
« Reply #1163 on: 22 Sep 2012, 07:32 pm »

[/img]

Stu Pitt

« Reply #1164 on: 23 Sep 2012, 03:28 am »

A peaceful, rainy day  :D

Be well...

Does this photo mean you got rid of the PT Cruiser that's been the bane of your existence for a while?  I guess I've been gone too long.

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #1165 on: 23 Sep 2012, 02:21 pm »
Does this photo mean you got rid of the PT Cruiser that's been the bane of your existence for a while?  I guess I've been gone too long.

Yes you have, welcome back Stu  :thumb:

I got the darn thing as a hand me down  :duh: :banghead: :cuss: :bawl:

We had spent a few more dollars on the PT before Lady Laundrew purchased her Scion  XB and we let the Corolla go - after all it was 13 years old with well over 400,000Km on it. I thought we would get a little more "maintenance-free" use out of the PT after the last bit of cash we poured into this money sucking black hole of a car.

BIG MISTAKE  :duh: BIG MISTAKE  :duh: BIG MISTAKE  :duh:  BIG MISTAKE  :duh:  BIG MISTAKE  :duh: BIG MISTAKE  :duh:  BIG MISTAKE  :duh:  BIG MISTAKE  :duh:

Last week, I had to replace the plastic spray nozzles for the windshield wipers - $57 plus taxes. It now costs me an extra $7.00 per day in gasoline over the Corolla. I am still disgusted about the GM and Chrysler bailouts. The only vehicle that I will consider purchasing in the future made by the "Little Three" will be a Hearse. I was actually in at the Toyota dealer yesterday looking at a new Matrix ($24K) and Corolla ($22K) and will most likely purchase one next spring.

I can only dream...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozSoUlciNnk

Be well...

SHV

« Reply #1166 on: 23 Sep 2012, 11:21 pm »
An FYI for Laundrew,  who loves aircraft and the machinist's Art;  FiFi flew over the house several times today.  She looked and sounded incredible!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFI_%28aircraft%29

Steve

Stu Pitt

« Reply #1167 on: 24 Sep 2012, 02:38 am »
Yes you have, welcome back Stu  :thumb:

I got the darn thing as a hand me down  :duh: :banghead: :cuss: :bawl:

We had spent a few more dollars on the PT before Lady Laundrew purchased her Scion  XB and we let the Corolla go - after all it was 13 years old with well over 400,000Km on it. I thought we would get a little more "maintenance-free" use out of the PT after the last bit of cash we poured into this money sucking black hole of a car.

BIG MISTAKE  :duh: BIG MISTAKE  :duh: BIG MISTAKE  :duh:  BIG MISTAKE  :duh:  BIG MISTAKE  :duh: BIG MISTAKE  :duh:  BIG MISTAKE  :duh:  BIG MISTAKE  :duh:

Last week, I had to replace the plastic spray nozzles for the windshield wipers - $57 plus taxes. It now costs me an extra $7.00 per day in gasoline over the Corolla. I am still disgusted about the GM and Chrysler bailouts. The only vehicle that I will consider purchasing in the future made by the "Little Three" will be a Hearse. I was actually in at the Toyota dealer yesterday looking at a new Matrix ($24K) and Corolla ($22K) and will most likely purchase one next spring.

I can only dream...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozSoUlciNnk

Be well...

If you want to sever all ties to the "little 3," don't buy a Matrix.  It's a joint venture between Pontiac and Toyota.  Neither company recalls who designed what in the car.  Better yet, neither will admit who designed the stuff that'll give you a headache.   Not that I've heard bad stuff about the Matrix, just stating what I've heard.

Being the son of a foreign car mechanic and nephew of 2 (honest) used car dealers, I've learned a few things about buying cars...

Never buy a VW/Audi
Never buy a Subaru
Let someone else take the hit and buy a car that's 2-3 years old
Most certified used cars have a warranty that's better than a new car

For brand new Corolla money, you may be able to get a gently used Volvo.  Volvo makes a car that's as rock solid as it gets in terms of reliability and performance.  I really like my wife's Corolla, but there's zero comparison between it and my old Volvo 850 Turbo.  Had I been able to buy a car rather than an SUV, I'd have very happily bought another Volvo.  My 850 had zero issues with 245,000 miles on it. 

Toyota makes a damn good car.  My wife's '04 Corolla has 114k miles on it, and my '06 Highlander has 95k miles on it.  The only things we've had to do on both cars are fluid changes, tires and brakes.  But if I had the money, I'd trade the Corolla for another Volvo in a heartbeat.  We need an SUV due to our 2 year old's stroller and all the other stuff, and the stuff that'll come with our second one that we're expecting in March.

Laundrew

« Reply #1168 on: 24 Sep 2012, 04:40 pm »
An FYI for Laundrew,  who loves aircraft and the machinist's Art;  FiFi flew over the house several times today.  She looked and sounded incredible!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFI_%28aircraft%29

Steve

What an awesome machine, I did not know one of these beauties was still air worthy - thanks for sharing  :thumb:

I remember this salvage attempt which ended in tragedy  :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u4YBwjQTds&feature=related

Be well...

Laundrew

« Reply #1169 on: 24 Sep 2012, 04:58 pm »

A long time ago, in a province far, far away - a photo of Laundrew's "junk room" communications centre.

Be well...

SHV

« Reply #1170 on: 24 Sep 2012, 06:29 pm »
"What an awesome machine, I did not know one of these beauties was still air worthy.."
The sound of four Wright Double Cyclones going overhead did put a smile on my face.

Steve

Laundrew

« Reply #1171 on: 4 Oct 2012, 09:04 pm »

Hector's hair is slowly growing back after his surgery and he is also making sure that they are no squirrels in his backyard.

A sniff.

Be well...

Robert D

« Reply #1172 on: 4 Oct 2012, 10:00 pm »
I'm happy to hear the Good news Laundrew  :D
Hector is looking Good  :thumb:

Robert

bobNL

• Some say he's a purist
« Reply #1173 on: 4 Oct 2012, 10:34 pm »
I agree !

Laundrew

« Reply #1174 on: 4 Oct 2012, 11:11 pm »
Thanks all  :D

Those squirrels are in for a rude awakening next spring.

A little over 20 weeks now on his right knee - it has been a very long year.

Be well...

Laundrew

« Reply #1175 on: 6 Oct 2012, 10:39 pm »

A great "belly rub" certainly goes a long way  :lol:

Be well...

TONEPUB

« Reply #1176 on: 7 Oct 2012, 02:25 am »
Awesome dog, looks very happy!

redbook