Anybody use MAX burning software?

rydenfan

Anybody use MAX burning software?
« on: 14 Feb 2008, 06:29 pm »
Hey guys, I am using MAX to burn all of my cd's to an external hard drive. I then use the Slimserver software to my Modwright Transporter. I have a couple of newbie questions.

1. Is there any way to tell that the FLAC I burned is a bit perfet copy of the cd? Or if it burns successfully does that automatically mean it is bit perfect? I just do not want to lose any sound quality. And should I be adjusting any of the FLAC settings or no?

2. Do I have to remember to download album art manually everytime or is there a way to tell MAX to do it?

3. On a few albums there have been album art in many different sizes. Is there a proper size to use?

4. If MAX does not find album art is there a way for me to manually add it?

Thanks again guys! Transitioning everything to digital is a daunting task for me, and I really appreciate the help.

Crimson

Re: Anybody use MAX burning software?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2008, 06:43 pm »
I don't use Max, but I'll give it a shot:

1. A successful rip should mean a bit perfect copy. As far as settings are concerned, I'd enable any sort of error correction available to ensure a bit-perfect rip. Any other available settings specifically for FLAC are probably for compression (file size).

2. Sorry, don't know.

3. Whatever you prefer.

4. I use a program called Clutter, but I'm not sure if it works with Max.

Is there any particular reason why you chose Max (I assume you don't want to use ALAC)?

Double Ugly

« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2008, 09:18 pm »
I used MAX exclusively for a long time, but in an effort to create the best, most accurate rips possible, I began using this ripping procedure almost 6 months ago.  It was discussed a bit in this post (by me, actually), and I've been using it ever since.

Per the instructions, I allow iTunes to find the disc details, and afterwards I can usually find the album art on Amazon.  I don't know how it compares to other ripping methods, but thus far I'm satisfied the resulting product is adequate.

dB Cooper

« Reply #3 on: 24 Feb 2008, 04:55 am »
Also, MAX is semi-broken under 10.5 Leopard- batch processing doesn't work. This is a pain in the arse as files must be converted one-by-one.
For simple batch format conversions, I use the batch processor in Amadeus Pro, but it doesn't do error correction for ripping.