BDA 3.14 not connecting to internet

steveoat

BDA 3.14 not connecting to internet
« on: 15 Jul 2022, 05:12 pm »
Have a BR 20 as well.  No problems with BR-20.  However, I can't seem to connect with BDA 3.14.  I get a timeout error and no connection.  Started a teamviewer session looking for remote support.  Is this what I should do?

steveoat

Re: BDA 3.14 not connecting to internet
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2022, 07:48 pm »
Have a BR 20 as well.  No problems with BR-20.  However, I can't seem to connect with BDA 3.14.  I get a timeout error and no connection.  Started a teamviewer session looking for remote support.  Is this what I should do?
I sent a PM to Chris but thus far no response.  Could someone please get back to me on this.  I can't do remote support since I am unable to reach the website.

Highendfool

• It is what you think.
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jul 2022, 04:32 pm »
I sent a PM to Chris but thus far no response.  Could someone please get back to me on this.  I can't do remote support since I am unable to reach the website.

Are you connecting with the BR-20 but not the BDA-3.14?
Are you typing in “my.bryston.com” to access the internet from a browser?

steveoat

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jul 2022, 04:37 pm »
When I connect using mybryston.com, BR-20 connects fine.  However, I get the following message (regarding my 3.14):

Devices below this line were previously detected but are currently unreachable

Not sure how to fix this.

CHRIS I HAVE BEEN WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU FOR A LONG TIME.  COULD YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU WILL BE ABLE TO LOOK AT MY UNIT?

Highendfool

• It is what you think.
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jul 2022, 04:41 pm »
When I connect using mybryston.com, BR-20 connects fine.  However, I get the following message (regarding my 3.14):

I’ve had that happen. The router has assigned a new address. Just delete the shortcut and go through the browser and remake the shortcut again. Happens on power failures every time!

Highendfool

• It is what you think.
« Reply #5 on: 23 Jul 2022, 04:42 pm »

CHRIS I HAVE BEEN WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU FOR A LONG TIME.  COULD YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU WILL BE ABLE TO LOOK AT MY UNIT?

Did you email crice@bryston.com? He usually is pretty good at responding.

steveoat

« Reply #6 on: 23 Jul 2022, 04:55 pm »
I’ve had that happen. The router has assigned a new address. Just delete the shortcut and go through the browser and remake the shortcut again. Happens on power failures every time!

I checked the IP address and I am using the IP address the router assigned to the BDP 3.14.  I contact Chris both by email and my PM in this forum and no response.  Very disappointed.

Highendfool

• It is what you think.
« Reply #7 on: 23 Jul 2022, 05:02 pm »
I checked the IP address and I am using the IP address the router assigned to the BDP 3.14.

The IP address showing under the “previously detected….” screen is the one that needs to be replaced.
Try rebooting??

steveoat

« Reply #8 on: 23 Jul 2022, 05:52 pm »
The IP address showing under the “previously detected….” screen is the one that needs to be replaced.
Try rebooting??

rebooted router and still shows the same ip address for the BDA 3.14.  Not sure what is going on.  BR-20 is still fine.

Highendfool

• It is what you think.
« Reply #9 on: 23 Jul 2022, 10:24 pm »
rebooted router and still shows the same ip address for the BDA 3.14.  Not sure what is going on.  BR-20 is still fine.

Did you try rebooting the 3.14 and the MPD ?

steveoat

« Reply #10 on: 23 Jul 2022, 10:36 pm »
Did you try rebooting the 3.14 and the MPD ?

The problem is that I cannot get into the screen you are showing.  I am stuck on the top page.  When I click, I get unable to connect error.  Is there any way to reboot the 3.14 without having to go into the web address?

Highendfool

• It is what you think.
« Reply #11 on: 23 Jul 2022, 10:39 pm »
The problem is that I cannot get into the screen you are showing.  I am stuck on the top page.  When I click, I get unable to connect error.  Is there any way to reboot the 3.14 without having to go into the web address?

Yes, power off, wait a minute or so then power on again.

steveoat

« Reply #12 on: 23 Jul 2022, 10:44 pm »
Yes, power off, wait a minute or so then power on again.

Tried this and still no luck.  I wish Chris would respond to my messages because he may know a solution.  Thanks for your suggestions.

Highendfool

• It is what you think.
« Reply #13 on: 23 Jul 2022, 10:47 pm »
Tried this and still no luck.  I wish Chris would respond to my messages because he may know a solution.  Thanks for your suggestions.

Sorry I wasn’t any help.
Good luck and keep us posted as to what end’s up happening. As a fellow 3.14 owner, I’m very interested in why this would happen.

✌🏻🎼🎵🎶

NekoAudio

• Industry Participant
    • Neko Audio LLC
« Reply #14 on: 23 Jul 2022, 11:51 pm »
Is the link LED on, at the Ethernet jack on the back of your BDA-3.14 and also on the Ethernet jack of your switch or router at the other end of the Ethernet cable?

Vinrouge

« Reply #15 on: 2 Sep 2022, 07:05 pm »
Same problem here. No response fron support. Manic moose gives a blanc page that is marked 'unsafe'. All the other stuff in my home and all sites on phone, tablet, pc are working fine.

christo

« Reply #16 on: 9 Sep 2022, 04:33 am »
Have you tried deleting the cache/memory from the browser you're using to access myBryston.com? That usually works for me when Manic Moose starts misbehaving.

Vinrouge

« Reply #17 on: 9 Sep 2022, 06:20 am »
Thanks for the tip. I do that almost every day or two. No result on this problem. It is the device, a had the same isseu ar my frien his home.

roonlistener

« Reply #18 on: 4 Nov 2022, 01:00 am »
Did you ever find a solution? I have a very similar problem. Thanks.

Vinrouge

« Reply #19 on: 18 Nov 2022, 10:15 pm »
Yes it got solved. Chris called me (in Belgium) and asked me to install a small program on my pc so he was able to take over my computer wich is connected to the player. He then installed new firmware and evertthing was fixed in a few minutes. Great job and superb service from Bryston! (Sorry for the bad english)