It never sounded so good. Thank you Audiocircle. I am Speechless!

Cheeseboy

As a Christmas gift to the household I added some new gear that was recommended by my Audiocircle Angels.  So liquid, so dynamic, so rich, wrap around stereophonic bliss and so incredibly what I have been searching for in the last 5 years.  I am speechless!

Thank God on Christmas Eve for giving me the patience to continue my quest for a great sounding system and sending me to Audiocircle 5 years ago as a lurker and now a fan boy. 

Merry Christmas to all!

JoeJoe

Post is pointless. Just exactly what is it that sounded so good.
Kinda like me saying OMG I saw the greatest movie ever made last night. Then nothing. GET A CLUE!!!

jimdgoulding

Wow!  Happy listening to you, Cheese.

persisting1

Please share your bliss with the rest of us. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to know......
Merry Christmas  :hyper:

soundofrockets

Merry Christmas my dear friend.  Share some details with us too.

murphy11

we need pics

Cheeseboy

Sorry to leave it just hanging there. I added a Dual Core Antimode to tame the room resonance and an Uber Buss with a Mongo Ac cord.  The combination is just given the system the last fifteen feet it needed to go from good to stellar. 

Like I said. I'm speechless and that alone is Christmas miracle.

hibuckhobby

• On a search for audio nirvana
Kinda like me saying OMG I saw the greatest movie ever made last night. Then nothing. GET A CLUE!!!

Your first post on AC and you're telling someone to get a CLUE?!?!  Look in the mirror.

SoCalWJS

You got the Uber before Christmas - Congratulations!. I would imagine that between the Uber and the Dual, it sounds completely different from the GTG

Cheeseboy

Sorry joe joe.  It was Christmas. I was stoked and with all of the holiday stuffithasbeen hard to get back here to post. I understand your frustration.  I'll go through it in detail in the morning.

Cheeseboy

The first improvement was taking advantage of the DAC in the Antimode. I ran an optical out of my old JVC XLZ1010. As a CDP it was good in its day. As just spinner it is hard to beat.  In just a word the burr browns in the CDP version sounded plastic in comparison to the DAC in Antimode.  The K2 interface on the JVC was an early ripple and jitter reclocking system.  It is nothing compared to the reclocking in the Antimode.  Thr resolution increased dramatically.  The upper frequencys is where it was heard the most.  Everything seemed faster and seemed to be more rhythmically in sync.   

The Antimode was bought because I didn't see myself treating the room.  I'll post pictures when I can get to the computer at work with all of them stored there.  Lots of original milled knotty pine and windows.  I couldn't wrap my head around a plan.  When we had the house warming and a mini GTG is where I was exposed to the idea of a digital room correction interface. 

Cheeseboy

Posting on an iPad.  This could take weeks.

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
Sorry joe joe.  It was Christmas. I was stoked and with all of the holiday stuffithasbeen hard to get back here to post. I understand your frustration.  I'll go through it in detail in the morning.

You have nothing to apologize for. It's good to be in a happy place.  :hyper: :hyper:

Joe Joe  :wtf:

Cheeseboy

Thanks o Orange One.  The Antimode measures the room by placing a microphone in it. It plays test tones then plots a graph. It's nota bad roomtobegin with.  Then one goes through the room set up mode. It plays about fifteen minutes of test tones and corrects for room modes. What is uniques is that it really corrected very minuscule room reflections.  Ones that were not readily visible in the first room evaluation.  When all of those tiny modes were corrected the end result is stunning. The frequency response across the spectrum was readily audible. The big modes were fixed and the small ones too.

The bass tighter up. The soundstage extended out and got much larger.  The instruments and vocal localization became very well focused. The stage became deeper as well. More detail greater frequency response and soundstage for days.  But wait there is more 

This thing features a variable loudness feature.  It has been great for listening when everyone else is asleep. It also has a tilt feature. Tilt up treble and down bass.  Tilt up bass and down treble. Since this's installed have been buying music at full speed.

Cheeseboy

The Antimode made a huge improvement.  The addition of the Uber Buss with the mongo cable took the detail and staging improvements and made them liquid.  My friend john had plugged his Uber ito the system at our housewarming.  Just alone the improvements were profound. After the Antimode it will be a game of inches to find positive change.  I really recommend implementing these two pieces where there are room opportunities and power issues.

Donald

Did you have a chance to measure before and after differences with the antimode? Just curious.

Cheeseboy

Yes. It straightened out some of the big curves but really wht it did was micromanaged the small stuff very well.  I could use the parametric eq to further polish the curve. I have even having too muh fun just listening

Cheeseboy

Wow!  Happy listening to you, Cheese.

Thank you.  I am a happy holiday listener.

SoCalWJS

Glad that the two are working well for you Steve! I hope that it just continues to evolve and get better - especially if you can get the Electrician in there and upgrade the wiring that HAS to have been done in the 20's-30's.  :green:

I know what an improvement the Uber made in my system, but in your system it was FAR more noticable. I've come to the "working theory" that the worse your electrical system, the more profound the improvement the Uber makes. It was such a change at your place.  :drool:

Could be wrong..... :dunno:

I'm still wrapping my brain around the Dual Core and have decided that it would be very difficult to integrate into my "FrankenSpeaker" setup - with the split signal, I can't see it working optimally (to say the least). Not exactly sure what frequencies it works at, but I'd be willing to bet it's both sides of 50Hz.

Cheeseboy

The electrician is here. He just finished pulling the wire for two dedicated lines for the system. He is putting in a separate isolated grounded box and some good receptacles.  You can add subs to the Antimode. I think I should travel down and we should try it.

Michael would be the guy to ask. He has mastered the Antimode.