Hypex NCore question and answers

this_is_vv

Re: Hypex NCore question and answers
« Reply #540 on: 17 Jan 2013, 10:02 pm »
Music you like. :)

Coming from you for THIS specific amp creates a lot of weight :)

Rclark

« Reply #541 on: 17 Jan 2013, 10:23 pm »
Just whatever you have will sound better, whatever was your reference before will be your reference now. And yes, they will knock your socks off at 50dB at night. Absolutely amazing. It's like a hint of what a fully treated room would be like at louder levels, which would be mindbending, I can't wait to finally get there.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #542 on: 17 Jan 2013, 10:33 pm »
Just whatever you have will sound better, whatever was your reference before will be your reference now. And yes, they will knock your socks off at 50dB at night. Absolutely amazing. It's like a hint of what a fully treated room would be like at louder levels, which would be mindbending, I can't wait to finally get there.
True dat

this_is_vv

« Reply #543 on: 29 Jan 2013, 04:12 pm »
How much time does it take to get the nc400 from hypex if you order today

V

jonbee

« Reply #544 on: 29 Jan 2013, 05:54 pm »
How much time does it take to get the nc400 from hypex if you order today

V
Based on my experience, just a few days. Shipping to the states is very fast. I don't know the current state of their inventory, though.

this_is_vv

« Reply #545 on: 30 Jan 2013, 04:23 am »
Ordered a pair of Nc400 that hopefully can fit in with a current pair of Ncore ....i already ordered ... a pair of 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221121386018

also have cardas binding post....anything i need to order ....my current amp pics are here...already talked to Mike he says it can be fitted....is it possivle to order a new back plate with new holes....any idea where i can order those from....

this_is_vv

« Reply #546 on: 31 Jan 2013, 05:44 pm »
Ordered a pair of Nc400 that hopefully can fit in with a current pair of Ncore ....i already ordered ... a pair of 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221121386018

also have cardas binding post....anything i need to order ....my current amp pics are here...already talked to Mike he says it can be fitted....is it possivle to order a new back plate with new holes....any idea where i can order those from....

No replies....

V

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #547 on: 31 Jan 2013, 05:53 pm »
What are you asking for?

this_is_vv

« Reply #548 on: 31 Jan 2013, 06:00 pm »
What are you asking for?

simple

can someone drill holes in the backpalte of current amp so i can add one more XLR inout and also holes for Cardass binding post as i plan to add extra NC400 in each of the amp i just put pic on.

Also do i need to buy an additional wife to share the SMPS between two NC400....

V

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #549 on: 31 Jan 2013, 06:04 pm »
simple

can someone drill holes in the backpalte of current amp so i can add one more XLR inout and also holes for Cardass binding post as i plan to add extra NC400 in each of the amp i just put pic on.
You don't own a drill?

Also do i need to buy an additional wife to share the SMPS between two NC400....

V
If you want to share the SMPS with two NC400's you would need to modify the umbilical.  Very simple to do as you just keep the same colors and splice (solder and heatshrink). 

this_is_vv

« Reply #550 on: 31 Jan 2013, 06:11 pm »
You don't own a drill?
If you want to share the SMPS with two NC400's you would need to modify the umbilical.  Very simple to do as you just keep the same colors and splice (solder and heatshrink).

Thank you for answering....

V

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
« Reply #551 on: 31 Jan 2013, 06:30 pm »
You may want to buy a used drill press, which is what I did to make some new holes in my enclosure. A hand drill can be hard to control when working with metal.

this_is_vv

« Reply #552 on: 31 Jan 2013, 06:38 pm »
You may want to buy a used drill press, which is what I did to make some new holes in my enclosure. A hand drill can be hard to control when working with metal.

not possible to keep that in a one bedroom NYC apt :D....

V

this_is_vv

« Reply #553 on: 31 Jan 2013, 07:55 pm »
You don't own a drill?

is there any place i can buy this umbilical....just thought i ask...
V

ufokillerz

« Reply #554 on: 31 Jan 2013, 08:14 pm »
i used a hand drill to drill out a few cases for another project, perfectly doable, but definitely not easy!

rear panels are 3mm, front panel is 10mm thick.  just need to get yourself the proper drill bits. most people use step drill bits.

i used some annular drill bits with my cordless drill which made it a breeze. these are the ones you want to use, the ones with a center drill bit attached are awesome, i punched the case once with a punch then it guided my drill bit through then the annular part got to cutting.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #555 on: 31 Jan 2013, 08:14 pm »
V
Not that I know of.  You can ask Hypex though.

Julf

• Grumpy second cousin of Mark V Shaney
« Reply #556 on: 1 Feb 2013, 07:12 am »

There has been talk about one every now and then, but as far as I know there still isn't a ready-made one available. As jtwrace stated, it is very easy to make one yourself. The nc400/smps600 is intended for DIY hobbyists after all... :)

this_is_vv

« Reply #557 on: 11 Feb 2013, 09:39 pm »
can some one point me where some one has connected Two nc400 to one smps for wiring purpose....i tried looking but couldnt find it...

V

mgalusha

« Reply #558 on: 11 Feb 2013, 10:21 pm »
HTH

turbogti

« Reply #559 on: 13 Feb 2013, 03:51 pm »

Hi guys

I was testing the connections of my build just now, and realize J5 actually is connected to 1s at the rear side/heat sink, and with the screws connecting between the case and 1s, thus the J5 is then connected to the case grounding, which doesn't make sense to me. Can anyone explain why did Hypex design it this way?