Poll

Are you going to attend the ASKAphile Sydney meeting on 29 May 03?

Yes
13 (76.5%)
(Ignore this)
4 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: 1 May 2003, 11:24 am

AKSAphile Meeting Attendance: Please sign

Larry

« on: 1 May 2003, 11:24 am »
It's good for the organiser to know in advance how many people intend to attend.

Please sign if you plan to attend.

AKSA

« Reply #1 on: 1 May 2003, 12:41 pm »
Hi Larry,

Great idea!  Thank you for setting it up!

I have signed for myself, but will do so again for Ben Williams (my digital designer) and Michael Hollmann (my kitset assembler).

Thanks again, Larry!

Hugh

Cylon

« Reply #2 on: 1 May 2003, 11:39 pm »
I'm RSVPing.

Shall bring my 100W nirvana and a pair of DIY 3 way floorstanders.

Shayne

AKSA

« Reply #3 on: 2 May 2003, 01:23 am »
Hi Shayne,

Very pleased you can come, and please, do bring your AKSA 100N and the floor standers.  Love to hear 'em, and perhaps we can hook in a GK-1 to see how that sounds!

Cheers,

Hugh

Cylon

« Reply #4 on: 2 May 2003, 11:28 am »
Hi Hugh,

Yes that's exactly the idea. I want to know how it's gonna sound with the GK1 instead of a ropey dual ganged pot for a volume control!!!

Also keen on getting constructive criticism on the speakers, all my own design and construction so my ears are biased. Am gonna mess with chemicals and stuff tomorrow applying the veneer.

Shayne

EchiDna

« Reply #5 on: 2 May 2003, 01:55 pm »
i was the no ;-)

more a statement of dissapointment than not agreeing!

AKSA

« Reply #6 on: 5 May 2003, 03:33 am »
Now, guys,

I've committed myself to flying up and back from Melbourne, together with Ben, my digital designer, and Michael, my parts assembler.

It is in Aspen's interests, and everyone else here in a roundabout way, to have as many prospective AKSA owners as possible at the conference.  The meet will be worth it;  Phil and others are going to much trouble to make this comfortable, and the environment is very swish.  Larry will set up a webcast, bandwidth permitting.  I will deliver a paper, as will Ben (on DAC technology and the forthcoming DACSA), and there will be a chance to rub shoulders with lots of new people, similarly afflicted with the hifi virus.   :mrgreen:

So, accordingly, may I cordially suggest we need more numbers;  we have only 7 at present, and should aim for 20.   :drums:   Cast around amongst your technically inclined friends for people who appreciate lovely sound, and ask them along.  We will play systems at this meet which will knock even hardened AKSAphiles off their socks, and this is just the start!  TOMORROW, THE WORLD!!

:thankyou:  

Cheers,

Hugh

TimS

« Reply #7 on: 5 May 2003, 05:08 am »
Hi guys

Looking forward to attending.  Took me a while to cast my vote until I realised I had to log in.  Duh!!!   :roll:

Tim

karthikn

« Reply #8 on: 5 May 2003, 01:09 pm »
Would love to attend through the ether.  26th is a holiday here in the US.  29th happens to be a regular work day and you guys are 14 hours away.  If you do setup a webcast, would it be possible to archive parts of the meeting, facilities permitting ?  That would save it for posterity and viewing at leisure, thanks, Karthi

AKSA

« Reply #9 on: 6 May 2003, 11:24 am »
karthi,

Looking at this now.  Larry is investigating!

C'mon guys!  Only 9 so far!  We need another ten at least!!

Cheers,

Hugh

JayM

Me too!
« Reply #10 on: 6 May 2003, 12:37 pm »
Hi Guys,

If I may I'll come along. I'm in Hornsby. I'll bring a Denon DP-3000 with a DL-103 cart, a pair of silver i/cs, and if I can get my remote to work for my Wadia, a Wadia6.

JayM

:D

AKSA

« Reply #11 on: 6 May 2003, 10:05 pm »
Hi Jay,

Thanks man!  Great gear, it will be fascinating to listen to the Denon, too.  Is it MM or MC?  If MC, you may need to bring along a transformer, unfortunately.  The GK-1 is configured for MM only.

Cheers,

Hugh

AKSA

« Reply #12 on: 6 May 2003, 10:05 pm »
Hi Jay,

Thanks man!  Great gear, it will be fascinating to listen to the Denon, too.  Is it MM or MC?  If MC, you may need to bring along a transformer, unfortunately.  The GK-1 is configured for MM only.

Cheers,

Hugh

Malcolm Fear

« Reply #13 on: 7 May 2003, 07:00 am »
Hi Hugh
The Denon 103 is a low output moving coil.
I'll bring my prehensile JFET head amp.

AKSA

« Reply #14 on: 7 May 2003, 08:17 am »
Hmmm.  A MC?  Why does this industry conspire to create even more R&D once the job is done?

And why is no-one from the US of A talking to me at present?  What happened guys?  Things are much more certain now!

Yet another project in the future..........

Hugh

AKSA

HONOUR ROLL
« Reply #15 on: 8 May 2003, 08:49 am »
Folks,

I have pleasure in including an attendance roll to date, in no particular order:

Phil Palangas
Mark Whitaker
Larry (Lei) Ye
Malcolm Fear
John Reekie
Bart Shepherd
Tim St Ruth
Greg Erskine
Paul Bishop
Ross Yannis
Jay M.
Shayne Burberry

Hugh Dean, Ben Williams, Michael Hollmann and a friend of Ben's (name not yet known) will also be attending.

This is the known list;  only 15 to date, more to come later!

If I have missed anyone, please let us know on this forum, and this list will be progressively added to.

On the night I will organise name tags, complete with Audiocircle moniker, so that people can immediately put a face to the virtual presence.

A couple of ladies would be great if anyone has a wife/friend/?? they'd like to bring along.  Mal, how about bringing Toni along?  She has a good ear and will be most welcome!

Cheers,

Hugh

Grumpy_Git

« Reply #16 on: 8 May 2003, 05:31 pm »
damn you all, why are you holding back if i was rich and wasnt having trouble saving up for a GK1 stage 3 ( thats a pre order hugh once i get money and you're finished :P ) then id have a plane ticket and seat at the meeting now. I would dearly love to meet the man and hear his plans and the work he has in store.

Thats all, im just frustrated.  :oops:
Nick.

Felipe

« Reply #17 on: 8 May 2003, 10:07 pm »
Hi all,

I just want to say that i am with Nick and Echidna... too far away i am afraid. I would love to attend..that would be a fantastic moment really.
Maybe in a few years......!!  :(

I hope the meetting will still go through and we can see pictures of it !!
It would be great too start knowing our "comunity" by their face rather than their 'nicks'.....   :P

F.T.SA

Malcolm Fear

« Reply #18 on: 8 May 2003, 11:45 pm »
High Hugh
Add Vic Sergie to the list. He is bringing a sub woofer. Mine is too big to lift and I don't have a car big enough.

I will ask Toni. She may be interested.

Malcolm Fear

« Reply #19 on: 11 May 2003, 06:13 am »
Hi Phil
Toni (wife) would love to come. Pencil her in.