Any tube experts here?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Any tube experts here?
« Reply #40 on: 17 Jun 2020, 09:38 am »
Can you return this amp to the dealer and have a new one?

Kw6

« Reply #41 on: 18 Jun 2020, 04:55 am »
He said fix under warranty 😢

Kw6

« Reply #42 on: 18 Jun 2020, 04:56 am »
No access to schematics. They will fix under warranty. But will try two new 300b tubes first.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #43 on: 18 Jun 2020, 06:11 am »
He said fix under warranty 😢

If you can get it fixed under warranty, then what's the problem?  Just send it in.

Kw6

« Reply #44 on: 18 Jun 2020, 07:30 am »
Just the hassle you expect a new unit to be trouble free at least for a few yrs. It's like you are on a honeymoon and you get diaharea 😄

Kw6

« Reply #45 on: 21 Jun 2020, 03:41 am »
Update for after listening today I decided to power down my Blusound node 2 then pull power on my dac which has no power button so it's always on unless you unplug it. So with amp still on there was a staticy pop when power pulled. With no source I power down amp and still same pop but now wondering what caused the pop from powering down the dac?

Kw6

« Reply #46 on: 24 Jun 2020, 04:52 am »
I'm pretty sure my issue is now finally resolved. Here is the explanation from Cayin tech:

As we informed you in your A-300BMK2 there is no problem. Soft pop sound should be the action of Relay.

NFB Switch is controlled by Relay. Under the state of -3dB the relay is Open and when you switched off the amplifier it has an action of Close for which it will have a pop sound while as for 0dB the relay is closed and therefore when you switched off there is no such sound.

Please kindly note. If you do not want to hear such pop sound please switch to 0dB first and then switch off.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #47 on: 24 Jun 2020, 05:16 am »
They could have used a soft power off circuit or a slow warm-up rectifier tube as 6D22 or 6DL3.
« Last Edit: 24 Jun 2020, 06:44 am by FullRangeMan »

Docere

« Reply #48 on: 24 Jun 2020, 07:34 am »
The pop is harmless. Excellent!

My thought was that it might be arcing across the power switch. If the switch is built well: also harmless.

You did the right thing to have it checked out. Some design have circuits to prevent pops etc. - sometimes for safety reasons - so you’d want to be sure there was not a problem. Rest easy now and enjoy music through your system.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #49 on: 24 Jun 2020, 07:58 pm »
Nice, glad it wasn't something that you had to send the amp in for. 

Kw6

« Reply #50 on: 25 Jun 2020, 12:22 am »
I really appreciated all the ideas thrown about! Yeah, now I can relax and enjoy the tunes!😁