Can a MPS2 power a BP2 phono unit?

Alfalfa

Can a MPS2 power a BP2 phono unit?
« on: 10 Jun 2024, 08:09 pm »
I am wondering if a MPS2 power supply can power a BP2 phono unit?

Because of a change from a mm to a mc cartridge I am planning to change the Bryston BP2 mm unit to a BP2 mm/mc variety.

As the BP2 mm will become redundant to me but I will keep the accompanying PS3 power supply I wonder if the redundant BP2 unit can be used by a BP26/MPs2  user who has no onboard phono options?

After all the MPS2 has 4 outputs.

Phil A

Re: Can a MPS2 power a BP2 phono unit?
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jun 2024, 08:40 pm »

Because of a change from a mm to a mc cartridge I am planning to change the Bryston BP2 mm unit to a BP2 mm/mc variety.

As the BP2 mm will become redundant to me but I will keep the accompanying PS3 power supply I wonder if the redundant BP2 unit can be used by a BP26/MPs2  user who has no onboard phono options?

https://bryston.com/analog-audio/mps2/

Alfalfa

« Reply #2 on: 11 Jun 2024, 10:50 am »
Thank you Phil, hadn’t thought of that.

HIFI Obsessed

« Reply #3 on: 18 Jun 2024, 12:15 am »

The answer is yes
Just currently purchased a Bp-2 MM/MC 30 phono stage for my Bp-26/ MPS2 power supply and works perfectly.
However with this configuration a special cable is required.