Vikings vs Cowboys!

maxwalrath

Kevin Haskins

Re: Vikings vs Cowboys!
« Reply #61 on: 18 Jan 2010, 09:40 pm »
http://curlyr.blogspot.com/2010/01/this-is-so-crazy-there-is-no-way-it-can.html

Not a chance in hell of that happening.   I follow the Bears like any fanatic NFL junkie and I can tell you that all indicators are that Cutler is a sink or swim proposition.    There is zero chance of them trading him.

maxwalrath

« Reply #62 on: 18 Jan 2010, 09:43 pm »
The other rumor I like is McNabb and Maclin for Kyle Orton and Brandon Marshall. 

arthurs

« Reply #63 on: 18 Jan 2010, 09:44 pm »
Not a chance in hell of that happening.   I follow the Bears like any fanatic NFL junkie and I can tell you that all indicators are that Cutler is a sink or swim proposition.    There is zero chance of them trading him.

Agreed, and as mentioned earlier I'm not sure Cutler is the main issue right now....

jackman

« Reply #64 on: 18 Jan 2010, 10:49 pm »

I hope like crazy that blog info is not true.  Cutler had a bad season, no doubt, but his performance is only partly to blame for the bad Bears' season.  The O line (as you stated) was pathetic, Forte sucked at runningback (he was a good receiver), and the defense underperformed all year.  Cutler is still viewed as the future of this franchise.  True, his reception in Chicago could've been warmer but most fans recognise his value.  Also, he seems to be clicking with Greg Olsen. 

Plus, without Cutler, the Bears are very close to having no stars on this team.  Urlacher is getting old, and who knows how he will recover from his injury, Tommy Harris is a shell of his former self, they have no star runningbacks or receivers, Kreutz is likely gone next year (that's the rumor), Ogunlia is gone next year, and kicker Robbie Gould may be the closest thing they have to a star.  A kicker?!!??  Oh, Lance Briggs is still good, but you need more than one good LB to play defense.  Plus, Lance is no spring chicken. 

The McCaskey family might be looking to shed some payroll, especially in advance of the possible lockout coming in 2011.  They might make some moves to save money and screw the fans.  Bear fans don't agree on a lot but we are united in our hatred for the McCaskey family.  Now that Bill Wirtz is no longer at the helm of the Hawks (relocated to concrete condo), the McCaskey's sit at the top of the worst owners list.  Nothing Virginia and company does to undermine the success of this team would surprise any longtime Bear fans.

Sorry for getting this thread sidetracked!  No more Bear talk from me!

Cheers,

J

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #65 on: 18 Jan 2010, 11:06 pm »
jackman - The game this thread is about has entered the history books so why not wander off into tangential observations. Otherwise the thread dies.

The NFL is cyclical and every team has its day. The Bears are in a down cycle and appear to be heading further in that direction next year.

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #66 on: 18 Jan 2010, 11:52 pm »

The NFL is cyclical and every team has its day. The Bears are in a down cycle and appear to be heading further in that direction next year.

Blasphemy!    Things can change quickly and we have a very young offense.   We need to plug some holes and develop some young players but it is nothing that cannot be solved.   

Of course I feel that way every year.    :lol:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #67 on: 19 Jan 2010, 12:19 am »
Hope springs eternal. As a Denver Broncos fan of some 35 years, I'm well versed in the promise that next season holds.

Got to be realistic, though. Your team is in a very tough division and you don't hold many cards.

Broncos are preparing to deal their best offensive player soon. Next season does't look too promising for us either. Every year we start out strong and then lose the division to the San Diego Chokers.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #68 on: 19 Jan 2010, 12:42 am »
So, who you guys like in the NFC final game?  AFC, too.  I bettin I know already most of ya.

Bigfish

« Reply #69 on: 19 Jan 2010, 01:09 am »
So, who you guys like in the NFC final game?  AFC, too.  I bettin I know already most of ya.

I had a bad weekend picking the winners as I went 2 out of 4!

Next weekend -  I am pulling for the Jets over the Colts!  (yes, I know one heck of a long shot)

Vikings over the Saints!  What can I say, I am pulling for the old man!

Ken
« Last Edit: 19 Jan 2010, 02:38 am by Bigfish »

jimdgoulding

« Reply #70 on: 19 Jan 2010, 02:38 am »
I had a bad weekend picking the winners as I win 2 for 2!

Next weekend -  I am pulling for the Jets over the Colts!  (yes, I know one heck of a long shot)

Vikings over the Saints!  What can I say, I am pulling for the old man!

Ken
I think the old man has had his finest hour.  Jets, too.  Sound like sentimental choices, fish.  Been there, done that.  Good luck.

Bigfish

« Reply #71 on: 19 Jan 2010, 02:53 am »
Sound like sentimental choices, fish.  Been there, done that.

Sometimes I think you have to select the teams you want to win even though the odds makers favor their opponents.  I have never liked the Colts since they turned their back on Baltimore and left in the middle of the night.  It would not hurt my feelings if the Saints won because they are a team that has certainly paid their dues.  However, I cannot help myself I am pulling for the old man! 

Ken

budyog

• I don't listen to audio, I listen to music.
« Reply #72 on: 19 Jan 2010, 03:02 am »
Ok, its time,     Go "Super" VIKINGS!  Just another bump in the road to the SUPERBOWL! 

ebag4

« Reply #73 on: 19 Jan 2010, 03:41 am »
I think the old man has had his finest hour. 

I'm guessing Favre has been hearing that for at least two seasons but look at his numbers this year.  I am rooting for the old guy!  Of course I have been a Vikes fan for more than 39 years so it stands to reason I would be cheering him on  :thumb:.

Ok, its time,     Go "Super" VIKINGS!  Just another bump in the road to the SUPERBOWL! 

I'm with you Budyog...GO SUPER VIKES!!

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #74 on: 19 Jan 2010, 03:44 am »
I don't refer to Favre as the "old man" for one important reason ----- I'm 22 years older.

jackman

« Reply #75 on: 19 Jan 2010, 04:21 am »
Great thread!  I was trying my best to resist but I've got to chime in.  Picks for next week:

Colts vs Jets:  Colts win.  I love the Jets and think they are the team of the future, but I've got to go with experience and Manning.

Vikings vs Saints: Saints win. Both teams are playing great ball but I'm going with the home team.  Lots of sentimentality surrounding Favre but the people of NO have been through a lot over the past couple years.  I can't help pulling for the Saints.  Oh, and I hate the Vikings (I'm a bitter Bears fan, what do you expect?).   :oops:

Cheers,

J

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #76 on: 19 Jan 2010, 04:31 am »
At least hopefully we can all stop yammering about which team might be "HOT"!  The Cowgirls & the Bolts were coming off win streaks and were supposed to steamroll their opponents, and that clearly didn't happen.  The Colts lost their last 2, the Saints their last 3 and the Vikes 3 out of the their last 4...something was seriously amiss with those clubs, right?  And where was the rust from the bye week?  Rust & momentum are legitimate concerns but not a huge deal for well coached, experienced clubs.

And as for Da Berze, sadly I don't think they're on a major downslide, nor is Cutler the problem.  When you can't run the ball either you can usually fault the O-line.  Plus they don't have much talent at wide receiver, and Jay can't throw to himself.  Losing Urlacher really hurt them, but when everyone is healthy and has some time to play together I think they're gonna get much better.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #77 on: 19 Jan 2010, 04:41 am »
I'm guessing Favre has been hearing that for at least two seasons but look at his numbers this year.  I am rooting for the old guy!  Of course I have been a Vikes fan for more than 39 years so it stands to reason I would be cheering him on  :thumb:.

I'm with you Budyog...GO SUPER VIKES!!
Yeah, you right on that score.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #78 on: 19 Jan 2010, 05:02 am »
The Cowgirls & the Bolts were coming off win streaks and were supposed to steamroll their opponents, and that clearly didn't happen.  The Colts lost their last 2, the Saints their last 3 and the Vikes 3 out of the their last 4...something was seriously amiss with those clubs, right?

Welcome to the 'New' NFL. Teams that have clinched, or CERTAINLY will clinch, don't need to win. They aren't going to make tape for other teams to watch. They'll lose out, rest the starters, and start a brand new season that lasts one month.

Welcome to it. :thumb:  There's about to be some great games (with well rested players!)!!

So, to stay way more 'on-topic', I sincerely hope the big dance is the Saints vs Colts. #1 AFC vs #1 NFC.

But then again, I'm a USC guy...  8)  GO JETS!!!!  :D

Go Saints,
Jerry

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #79 on: 19 Jan 2010, 05:30 am »
There's no way the Vikes deliberately tanked those games, nor did the Saints roll over for Dallas.  At the time of the Dallas loss NE didn't have homefield locked in- the Vikings still could've won it.  And you can bet the Vikings would have loved to force the Saints for come into the Metrodome for the NFC title game.  Sure, beyond that no one wants to show their hand, but too much hype and bluster is bandied about over teams being "hot".