Membership status?

Baumli

Membership status?
« on: 5 Sep 2013, 06:27 am »
Dear Powers that Be (or would be),

I note that after several years of intermittently being a resident of this site, I remain a Junior Member. And yet, only about 3 months ago I turned the ripe old age of 65. Am I going to go straight from being a Junior Member to a Geriatric Member? What kind of obeisance, and to whom, must I render in order to become a Full Member? Meanwhile, calling me a Junior Member seems a mild commission against what is politically correct terminology--as least as it applies to how I think I deserve to be defined.

Clarity, and perhaps deserved remedies, on this matter would be appreciated.

Although fast approaching senectitude, I am,

Humbly yours,

Francis Baumli

JohnR

Re: Membership status?
« Reply #1 on: 5 Sep 2013, 08:50 am »
Hi Francis, "Jr. Member" is the name of the group with between 2 and 299 posts. The reason for having these groups is that members with higher post counts also get more PM storage, on the assumption they need it.

It has to be called something, so if you'd care to suggest a reasonable alternative I'll change it.

KenSeger

• Heavy and noisy, but beautiful
    • Ken's Plain Jane Website
« Reply #2 on: 5 Sep 2013, 01:42 pm »
Nonsense. 
We just think of you as young at heart!
 :icon_lol:

electricbear

« Reply #3 on: 5 Sep 2013, 05:47 pm »
Instead of referring to  non Full Members as a Junior Members perhaps we should call them Flaccid Members.  :lol: :lol:

MerRev

« Reply #4 on: 5 Sep 2013, 06:30 pm »
Francis:
You've reached the age when giving up isn't who you are, this is the age of knowing how to make things happen.
  250 more posts sir or a reasonable alternative.  I'm guessing on the latter seeing you've been such a fine audiophile in these parts and willing to host the yearly Audiophile Extravaganza at McGurks. 
« Last Edit: 5 Sep 2013, 11:01 pm by MerRev »

daves

« Reply #5 on: 5 Sep 2013, 07:55 pm »
Francis, the good news is you have reached 50 posts.

The bad news is the projection - in order to reach senior status for posting,  I estimate you need to post for another 325 years.  :icon_twisted:

Baumli

« Reply #6 on: 6 Sep 2013, 06:40 am »
Dear members,

Baumli

« Reply #7 on: 6 Sep 2013, 06:56 am »
Dear members,

Electricbear has the gall to suggest that mine is a quest to escape the flaccid norm? He needs remember that I am 65, not 85. However, I do admit that I have nothing to hide beneath mine own kilt.

Some of us, though very involved, believe in an economy of tongue. Perhaps the cosmos would be more in order if the distinction were between "Taciturn Member" and "Loquacious Member." Ponder this mightily, gentlemen. And keep your minds open and your suggestions supple.

As to other topics: An old English professor I know, in Columbia, Missouri, said to me a while back, "'Flaccid tumescence' is definitely not an oxymoron." Does anyone have any idea what he might have meant?

Innocently yours,

Francis Baumli

daves

« Reply #8 on: 6 Sep 2013, 02:29 pm »
Your professor was  merely making the observation he thought you were innocently pregnant with hints of greatness to come. It is a much better state to achieve than being omnipotently incompetent.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #9 on: 6 Sep 2013, 02:39 pm »
Meanwhile, back at the Volvo dealership, BISL is frantically Googling "Flaccid tumescence"................. :lol:

KenSeger

• Heavy and noisy, but beautiful
    • Ken's Plain Jane Website
« Reply #10 on: 6 Sep 2013, 02:42 pm »
Re: Keeping the discussion related to the topics of Hi-Fi audio reproduction
Topic: the above posts

The only similarity I can see is that both topics concern rise time.

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #11 on: 6 Sep 2013, 05:27 pm »
Meanwhile, back at the Volvo dealership, BISL is frantically Googling "Flaccid tumescence"................. :lol:
You Sir, are amazing.

The result:
1. maximum tumescence in repose. As close to erect as a penis can possibly get without standing up or sticking out. The state of full hanging engorgement.

I am now contemplating changing my moniker to "Full Hanging Engorgement".

daves

« Reply #12 on: 6 Sep 2013, 06:28 pm »
Now that that name is taken, who wants to grab priapism?

Scott F.

« Reply #13 on: 6 Sep 2013, 08:00 pm »
priapism?

I used to suffer from that syndrome...then again, I was 17 at the time.

Baumli

« Reply #14 on: 6 Sep 2013, 08:12 pm »
Per Scott Faller's observation,

Yes; I also suffered from a state of priapism. That was about from the age of 15 to 35. And let me tell those of you who have never experienced ths affliction: There is nothing which compares to the pleasures of ecstatic priapism, unless it is being able to put this physiological syndrome to good purpose. That, I assure you, is an agony of ecstasy.

Atavistically,

Francis Baumli

dlparker

• Dave Parker - KC, MO
    • DontKnowNuthinBoutNoComputers
« Reply #15 on: 7 Sep 2013, 12:03 am »
Francis Baumli - Now there's a blast from the past! Hello from Dave Parker, now in KCMO!

Dear members,

Electricbear has the gall to suggest that mine is a quest to escape the flaccid norm? He needs remember that I am 65, not 85. However, I do admit that I have nothing to hide beneath mine own kilt.

Some of us, though very involved, believe in an economy of tongue. Perhaps the cosmos would be more in order if the distinction were between "Taciturn Member" and "Loquacious Member." Ponder this mightily, gentlemen. And keep your minds open and your suggestions supple.

As to other topics: An old English professor I know, in Columbia, Missouri, said to me a while back, "'Flaccid tumescence' is definitely not an oxymoron." Does anyone have any idea what he might have meant?

Innocently yours,

Francis Baumli

Andre2

« Reply #16 on: 7 Sep 2013, 12:43 am »
You all r weird - 294

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #17 on: 7 Sep 2013, 12:48 am »
Welcome Andre. 

To all: I invited Andre to our little party here as he wasn't enjoying his "Junior" status either.

Andre2

« Reply #18 on: 7 Sep 2013, 06:12 pm »
Hey Baumli...

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #19 on: 7 Sep 2013, 06:34 pm »
Dear Powers that Be (or would be),

I note that after several years of intermittently being a resident of this site, I remain a Junior Member. And yet, only about 3 months ago I turned the ripe old age of 65. Am I going to go straight from being a Junior Member to a Geriatric Member? What kind of obeisance, and to whom, must I render in order to become a Full Member? Meanwhile, calling me a Junior Member seems a mild commission against what is politically correct terminology--as least as it applies to how I think I deserve to be defined.

Clarity, and perhaps deserved remedies, on this matter would be appreciated.

Although fast approaching senectitude, I am,

Humbly yours,

Francis Baumli
I suggest you disregard this status, it exists only as a tool to facilitate the work of the site administrator, not to qualify or classify members.
What really has value is your life experience.
Regards