Martin logans at Future shop

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Martin logans at Future shop
« Reply #20 on: 18 Nov 2009, 04:07 pm »
^
I agree - the upside of these outside investments is an ability to have the fianancial backing to do research and development at a higher level than most smaller companies can do. 

james

James

Have there ever been any offers on the table for ownership of Bryston by a parent company like this?

Usually about every 2-3 years we get inquires.

james

werd

« Reply #21 on: 18 Nov 2009, 04:24 pm »
^
I agree - the upside of these outside investments is an ability to have the fianancial backing to do research and development at a higher level than most smaller companies can do. 

james

James

Have there ever been any offers on the table for ownership of Bryston by a parent company like this?

Usually about every 2-3 years we get inquires.

james

Ever get any offers from GOD? Since he probably has your gear up there.

drummermitchell

« Reply #22 on: 18 Nov 2009, 05:13 pm »
Looking at Bryston's long history of accomplishments(including respect for it's employees)it seems that Bryston is doing everything right.
I think if Bryston partnered with a bigger corp,things would slowly deteriorate.
                      IF SHE AIN"T BROKE DON"T FIX IT
Reminds me if  you are working for a company and she changes managers,
you usually end up changing staff and everything else that goes with it.
Most of the time it doesn't work to the good of all,and product(quality)suffer,

Hopefully the looming dark clouds of bigger corporations won't block out
Bryston's years of positive growth,that's my two bits.

Stu Pitt

« Reply #23 on: 18 Nov 2009, 10:12 pm »
A company being bought doesn't always mean things will change.  Denon/Marantz (whatever the company's name is) bought McIntosh a while back.  As far as I know, nothing has changed.  There's a difference between that company and a conglomerate though.  Then again, Lenbrook bought NAD, PSB, and a few others, and I don't think things have changed too much.  Maybe its a good thing, as it may save a company or two.  Just because a company can build a great sounding and rock solid product doesn't mean they can market and sell it effectively.   

As far as Martin Logan goes, they've been selling on Amazon for a little while now...

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_2_7?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=martin+logan&sprefix=martin+&sprefix=martin+&sprefix=martin+

I don't have too much of a problem with what Best Buy/Future Shop is doing.  As said earlier, they're bringing hifi to more people.  The Best Buy/Magnolias I've been in have unknowledgable salespeople and are demoing stuff with AVRs.  Its doing the speakers an injustice, but something is better than nothing IMO.

Maybe people will see them in the store and start doing some research into hifi.

Wayner

« Reply #24 on: 18 Nov 2009, 10:23 pm »
These stores are not selling MartinLogan's high end speakers. They are selling Purity and Vista ranges. Even the Audio Advisor is selling these.

Wayner  aa

werd

« Reply #25 on: 18 Nov 2009, 11:38 pm »
These stores are not selling MartinLogan's high end speakers. They are selling Purity and Vista ranges. Even the Audio Advisor is selling these.

Wayner  aa

You are right, i went by there today and they are Vista's. Salesman said they were Vantages. And at $5500 a pair it sounded in line with Vantages.
So i didnt question. Went back there and got behind them and they are vistas. It still is amazing for this retailer.

danman

« Reply #26 on: 20 Nov 2009, 08:47 pm »

Wayner  aa

Still Light years ahead of what they normally sell! They will make their crappy amps shine for sure but not anywhere near their potential! The salesmaen that work there probably haven't got a clue what they are hearing haha!

I can only imagine the setup!!!!!!!!!!!!Must be brutal!

Wind Chaser

« Reply #27 on: 20 Nov 2009, 09:50 pm »
Imagine having a nice glass of fine wine with your Big Mac and salty fries in the kids section at McDonald's. 

Wayner

« Reply #28 on: 20 Nov 2009, 10:28 pm »
I hear ya. I have MartinLogan reQuests from 1999. The lower range of product is still a great bargin, I don't want to sound like a snob.

Wayner