Martin logans at Future shop

werd

Martin logans at Future shop
« on: 17 Nov 2009, 04:01 pm »
Yes you read that right  :lol:. They are selling Martin Logans at Future shop. The Future shop near my house has a pair of Vantages on display. They are hooked up to a $300 pioneer av reciever and and about a $200 sony dvd player.  :lol: and whats funny about it is it didnt sound too bad......  :lol:

VOLKS

Re: Martin logans at Future shop
« Reply #1 on: 17 Nov 2009, 05:04 pm »
oh my Mother of God lol......

werd

« Reply #2 on: 17 Nov 2009, 05:09 pm »
oh my Mother of God lol......

i know... i should go buy em before they get too wrecked..  :lol:

werd

« Reply #3 on: 17 Nov 2009, 05:52 pm »
Actually i take this back.. the only way to really rejuvenate the high end hobby is by having this kinda exposure in these braindead electronic stores. It makes the public more aware of the highend industry. Cuz lets face it, the quality of our recordings are at risk so any help is much appreciated.

:thumb: to Future shop

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #4 on: 17 Nov 2009, 06:15 pm »
Actually i take this back.. the only way to really rejuvenate the high end hobby is by having this kinda exposure in these braindead electronic stores. It makes the public more aware of the highend industry. Cuz lets face it, the quality of our recordings are at risk so any help is much appreciated.

EXCELLENT POINT! :bounce:

james

Wind Chaser

« Reply #5 on: 17 Nov 2009, 11:37 pm »
Shocking, wild, and interesting.  What's next?  "Attention K-Mart shoppers..."

Is Future Shop carrying or do they intend to carry more audio gear in this vein?  If not, and that is the direction Martain Logan is going, hopefully Walmart will pick them up.  I might be tempted by their aggressive pricing.

mjosef

« Reply #6 on: 17 Nov 2009, 11:44 pm »
What vehicle are you guys using to get to that Shop in the Future?  :o

Wind Chaser

« Reply #7 on: 17 Nov 2009, 11:59 pm »
A Magic Bus. 8)

Wind Chaser

« Reply #8 on: 18 Nov 2009, 12:02 am »
Future Shop is a Canadian electronic chain store that merged with Best Buy.

mjosef

« Reply #9 on: 18 Nov 2009, 12:16 am »
Oh...kinda like Magnolia then. Haven't seen it yet at the NYC stores.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #10 on: 18 Nov 2009, 12:21 am »
They've got 140+ stores across Canada and been around for at least 25 years.  It's pretty much the same concept as Best Buy.

rob80b

« Reply #11 on: 18 Nov 2009, 01:39 am »

EXCELLENT POINT! :bounce:

james

Guys, you're giving James ideas.  :surrender:

Robert

werd

« Reply #12 on: 18 Nov 2009, 03:10 am »
Future Shop is a Canadian electronic chain store that merged with Best Buy.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/class.asp?logon=&langid=EN&catid=1047
here is the link, they are bringing in the matching sub. they only show the vista's online but they have Vantages on the floor. this kinda blows me away.
 :lol: the salesman wasnt up to par. He kept talking about how he likes Bose over klipsch while demoing the ML's. It was kinda pathetic.

srb

« Reply #13 on: 18 Nov 2009, 04:30 am »
Is Future Shop carrying or do they intend to carry more audio gear in this vein? If not, and that is the direction Martain Logan is going, hopefully Walmart will pick them up.  I might be tempted by their aggressive pricing.

Martin Logan was also being sold through Costco within the last few years.  This is not a comment on their quality, but just to point out one of their marketing plan directions.  I don't know if it was successful or not, but I can't help thinking that it might have the effect of lowering perceived quality of the brand.

Steve

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #14 on: 18 Nov 2009, 11:04 am »
Sadly guys when companies become part of a larger conglomerate the product becomes almost incidental and turning boxes is all that matters to the investors.

james

Wind Chaser

« Reply #15 on: 18 Nov 2009, 12:14 pm »
Sadly guys when companies become part of a larger conglomerate the product becomes almost incidental and turning boxes is all that matters to the investors.

Who is the parent company of Martin Logan?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #16 on: 18 Nov 2009, 12:32 pm »
"In October of 2005 ML was acquired by a subsidiary of ShoreView Industries.

ShoreView is a financial firm that makes investments in entrepreneurial, well-run private companies.  ShoreView is a passive investor that is not from the loudspeaker or audio business and is not involved in day to day operations."

http://www.shoreviewindustries.com/port.htm

werd

« Reply #17 on: 18 Nov 2009, 03:50 pm »
"In October of 2005 ML was acquired by a subsidiary of ShoreView Industries.

ShoreView is a financial firm that makes investments in entrepreneurial, well-run private companies.  ShoreView is a passive investor that is not from the loudspeaker or audio business and is not involved in day to day operations."

http://www.shoreviewindustries.com/port.htm

Holy Smokes, they own Paradigm too. Doesnt seem like they are doing too bad of a job getting out of the way of quality control and end product quality.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #18 on: 18 Nov 2009, 03:53 pm »
^
I agree - the upside of these outside investments is an ability to have the fianancial backing to do research and development at a higher level than most smaller companies can do. 

james

werd

« Reply #19 on: 18 Nov 2009, 04:05 pm »
^
I agree - the upside of these outside investments is an ability to have the fianancial backing to do research and development at a higher level than most smaller companies can do. 

james

James

Have there ever been any offers on the table for ownership of Bryston by a parent company like this?