Picture Food Needed

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
Re: Picture Food Needed
« Reply #1240 on: 3 Feb 2013, 01:04 am »
Laundrew
what a wonderful old home on Jarvis street! By the way how is Hector doing. Not heard an update in a while

Hello David  :D

It was a wonderful old home, just a block north of Wellesley Street and was owned at that time by Big Brothers who used it as their administrative centre. I remember the summer the wrecking crew came in and tore down all those wonderful houses on the north-west side of Jarvis and Wellesley to construct the apartment building that is on the corner today.

As for Hector, he has only 3 weeks left in his hydrotherapy and we can put this all behind us - finally. We were very fortunate that he did not develop  arthritis in his knees due to his original injury. Hector will be able to use a full flight of stairs after that time and should be back to his normal "old" shelf by the spring.

Be well...

milford3

« Reply #1241 on: 3 Feb 2013, 01:16 am »
The only maintenance issues I had was $1000.00 front end repair and tires (normal.) The battery was still original and still going strong (it was a 2005.)  Oh, and a new radiator at the 97,000 mile mark.  Other than that the best car I've ever owned. 

Laundrew

« Reply #1242 on: 3 Feb 2013, 01:31 am »
The only maintenance issues I had was $1000.00 front end repair and tires (normal.) The battery was still original and still going strong (it was a 2005.)  Oh, and a new radiator at the 97,000 mile mark.  Other than that the best car I've ever owned.

That is great to hear, I must of had the one that was made on a Monday after the assembly line workers had a reduction in pay. It is really very weird - I find myself a little depressed and missing my PT this evening.

I must be experiencing the Stockholm syndrome - "sighs" and realizes I just can't win. 

be well...

Chicago

« Reply #1243 on: 3 Feb 2013, 01:57 am »
You have chosen wisely.  I have a 1997 Toyota and I have had very few problems with it.  I bought it used with 125,000 miles on it and I have owned it two years.  It is a land cruiser and I use it for bird hunting and hauling my dogs out to the woods for exercise.

Mike

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #1244 on: 3 Feb 2013, 11:53 pm »

Laundrew

« Reply #1245 on: 4 Feb 2013, 12:04 am »
You have chosen wisely.  I have a 1997 Toyota and I have had very few problems with it.  I bought it used with 125,000 miles on it and I have owned it two years.  It is a land cruiser and I use it for bird hunting and hauling my dogs out to the woods for exercise.

Mike

Great years for the Corollas - my 1999 racked up 435,000 Km, truly an awesome car.

Be well...

Laundrew

« Reply #1246 on: 9 Feb 2013, 09:21 pm »

Six months after Hector's last knee surgery and his restrictions are falling like autumn leaves - he reclaims "his" favourite section of the chesterfield.

:thumb:

Be well....

Laundrew

« Reply #1247 on: 18 Feb 2013, 07:52 pm »

Now that Hector can use stairs once again, he drops in now and then to inspect the progress on Laundrew's room renovations.

Be well...

PRELUDE

« Reply #1248 on: 18 Feb 2013, 09:43 pm »

Now that Hector can use stairs once again, he drops in now and then to inspect the progress on Laundrew's room renovations.

Be well...
I am glad to see Hector got much better again and your project goes forward nicely.
It seems like the 2013 is going to be a great year for you. :thumb:

Laundrew

« Reply #1249 on: 19 Feb 2013, 01:56 am »
I am glad to see Hector got much better again and your project goes forward nicely.
It seems like the 2013 is going to be a great year for you. :thumb:

Thanks PRELUDE  :D

It is great to be downstairs once again and enjoying my room, even if it is in a current state of disrepair. The beasties slumber as Anna-Varney Cantodea watches from overhead. Alas, for music is still present as Laundrew has "borrowed" Lady Laundrew's iPod dock - somehow it is just not the same. On the renovation side, the built in CD rack is roughed in temporarily and it will easily store 1250 CDs - it will have to be removed again for drywall installation. 

The beasties slumber.

It is still music at the end of the day.

Be well...

Laundrew

« Reply #1250 on: 24 Feb 2013, 03:23 am »
Waiting patiently for summer and the return of the rain.

Be well...

Napalm

« Reply #1251 on: 24 Feb 2013, 05:16 am »
Waiting patiently for summer and the return of the rain.

Here Laundrew, raindrops for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gV9gUeFHIw

Laundrew

« Reply #1252 on: 24 Feb 2013, 03:14 pm »
Some eye candy  :D

Laundrew ponders how Sisters of Mercy would sound on this TT  :scratch:

Be well...

spinner

« Reply #1253 on: 26 Feb 2013, 01:23 am »

:thumb:  tarja

whatsthisone

« Reply #1254 on: 26 Feb 2013, 04:33 am »

Love these Yamaha NS2000's with my Bryston 7bsst's!  :duh:
« Last Edit: 26 Feb 2013, 06:20 pm by whatsthisone »

turnovertherecord

• rain,fog,snow,sun,known to happen on the same day
« Reply #1255 on: 26 Feb 2013, 07:04 pm »

Sold the Krell

whatsthisone

« Reply #1256 on: 6 Mar 2013, 06:07 pm »

Sold the Krell

That is the Krell that sent me over to Bryston.  I decided I wanted a more laid back sound (not so in your face and fatiguing).  Did a bit of research and decided to listen to Bryston.  I have not owned a Krell since.  Just not my cup o tea.  When I sold the Krell I put my B&K 4420 and PT5 back in the living room system (sold it after buying my first Bryston).  When my wife came home (claims she can not tell the difference in stereo equipment) from work she asked me what I had done to the stereo because it did not sound very good.  I laughed and told her I sold the Krell and put the B&K back in.  She no longer is sticking to the position that there is no difference in stereo equipment.

Laundrew

« Reply #1257 on: 6 Mar 2013, 08:23 pm »

The automotive bane of my existence was finally exorcised today as the PT Cruiser made its last trip of the Laundrew household and without ceremony, had the plates removed - the tenacious umbilical cord finally severed.  I can only imagine the next individual that it will haunt and persecute to untold grief and financial duress. It is really a sad state of affairs as Chrysler does make aesthetically pleasing vehicles, it is just at the end of the day, you get fed-up sinking good money into something that is a maintenance nightmare.     

What a tangled mess of contradictions, which defines the human psyche. Laundrew will miss the PT in some cases.

Laundrew bids the PT a fond and fair "adieu."

Be well...

Laundrew has been without the PT for a month or so now and his fuel consumption has dropped from the PT's 16 - 17 litres per day to just under 10 litres with the new ride - what to do with new the windfall? Why fund my music purchases of course.

Hmm.. @ 6 litres per day at a value of approximately $7.00 per day is a savings over 48 weeks of $1680.

Be well...

David C

• Don't try and lay no boogie woogie on the king
« Reply #1258 on: 6 Mar 2013, 08:31 pm »
Laundrew
so glad to see that Hector is back in fine form and healthy again. He is lucky to have such a caring "father". Now it is time to get the JBL's cranked up again. Enjoy

David

Laundrew

« Reply #1259 on: 7 Mar 2013, 12:01 pm »

Rest in peace Tom - a true Canadian patriot.

Be well...