Picture Food Needed

Warren_Buff

Re: Picture Food Needed
« Reply #1000 on: 13 Dec 2011, 09:05 pm »
Maybe Transparent should make a new cable called Transparent Opus T :)     T for Tampax. A revolution in high end cables. Scientifically proven.... by thousands of kids...

SHV

« Reply #1001 on: 13 Dec 2011, 10:44 pm »
About eight years ago, I was given about eight single "high end" cables,  gotten from a retailer going out of business.  One was a well know speaker cable with a large, sealed box as part of the cable.  This secret box was purported to give improved..(marketing hype).  The secrets inside the box were exposed fairly easily with a DeWalt recip. saw.  Inside, IIRC, were a couple of low value, cheap carbon resistors and similar quality capacitors.  I'm no EE but tracing the signal path, it was straight through the box and the added "components" were wired to be non-functional.  At that time, I think that they retailed for a couple of kilo-bucks.

A fairly pricey RCA inter-connect, after have the RCAs taken apart, revealed "cold" solder joints.  At that time, I had a few Outlaw Audio interconnects that cost <$100.  Their quality was as good as or better than the boutique.  After that experience, I began to order high quality components and made my own.

Steve

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #1002 on: 14 Dec 2011, 05:56 pm »
Vegasdave, I think it is a 14B.

Ok, thanks.

Warren_Buff

« Reply #1003 on: 17 Dec 2011, 12:10 am »
Sonus Faber Aida:

Price : USD 120.000

I find its looks disappointing (not close to the impressive finish of TAD speakers, although the "woodwork" is similar).
Its price seems very high also, but I have not listened to Aida...

SoundGame

« Reply #1004 on: 17 Dec 2011, 01:15 am »
They remind me of the Imperial Guards in Star Wars - don't ask me why but it was the first impression I got when I looked at them.

kostisgva

« Reply #1005 on: 19 Dec 2011, 08:27 pm »
http://www.audiocircle.com/image.php?id=55244[/img]

]

It's a Bryston HT ! 3 7Bs for LCR, 1 9B for the 4 surround speakers, SP3(amazing), BDP-1 for hours of music ! Two Velodynes DD15+, Oppo 95, Popcorn Hour C200 - streaming from a QNAP Raid6 24TB server.

Robert D

« Reply #1006 on: 21 Dec 2011, 07:59 pm »
Enjoy these

Robert   :thumb:

:D

Robert D

« Reply #1007 on: 21 Dec 2011, 08:02 pm »
A few More

It looks like I have to Clean my Lens !

Enjoy see below

Robert

jaxwired

« Reply #1008 on: 23 Dec 2011, 03:18 am »
Hey, what's my wife doing with all those Apple stickers on her!

vegasdave

« Reply #1009 on: 26 Dec 2011, 08:55 pm »
Nice setups guys.

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #1010 on: 1 Jan 2012, 03:12 pm »
A few More

It looks like I have to Clean my Lens !

Enjoy see below

Robert

What is it about our best friends and leather couches  :scratch:

Be well...

Laundrew

« Reply #1011 on: 1 Jan 2012, 07:47 pm »
It has being a very busy last couple of months, I even went for almost 2 weeks without turning on the beasties - I fully deserve and accept any up and coming derogatory comments with respect to this abomination I have committed from my fellow Audio Circle enthusiasts.

"Hangs head in utmost shame." :(  :oops:

I did not even purchase any CDs during this time period but I made up for this last Wednesday and Thursday by purchasing a dozen or so CDs from a brick and mortar store, trust me as this is quite a feat to accomplish because of the music that I enjoy listening to.

A few photographs of my new up and coming "studio" that is slowly taking shape in half of my garage.  Some may call it a workshop, but somehow that simply does not "fit in" for me. I am very fortunate that the Van Norman milling machine has both horizontal and vertical milling capabilities so this is definitely a space saver in a relatively small, industrial machine. The Monarch 10EE lathe should be able to handle most of my turning operations. The studio is going to be very small at 8'X15', I most likely will have it completed when Lady Laundrew and I find a new home.  :duh:

I have also got hanging 4'X8' sheets of plywood by myself down to a highly refined art.

Be well...

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #1012 on: 2 Jan 2012, 12:34 pm »
hey, Laundrew...welcome back :thumb:

a lot of work to do, right?!? but is is very cool to have a studio!!

al.

Laundrew

« Reply #1013 on: 2 Jan 2012, 10:42 pm »
hey, Laundrew...welcome back :thumb:

a lot of work to do, right?!? but is is very cool to have a studio!!

al.

Greetings al  :D

I am not looking forward to the insulation phase  :duh:

Be well...

Robert D

« Reply #1014 on: 11 Jan 2012, 11:57 pm »
I did a few modification’s to my solid tech  rack
removed and added additional pillars

It’s much better this way  :thumb:

Regards Robert

vegasdave

« Reply #1015 on: 12 Jan 2012, 12:50 am »
Very cool setup, Robert! :D

Robert D

« Reply #1016 on: 12 Jan 2012, 01:50 am »
Thank you Sir  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Robert

vegasdave

« Reply #1017 on: 12 Jan 2012, 10:55 am »
You're welcome! :D You're obviously one of Bryston's best customers!

Laundrew

« Reply #1018 on: 15 Jan 2012, 03:53 pm »

Finally - all of my "non-gothic" CDs are liberated from long forgotten boxes and are organized in alphabetical order, albeit still in my closet. I have always believed that a tidy closet is indicative of a very sick mind. Hmmm... perhaps a small secondary audio closet system with some of my favourite music and a computer - I could live in it.

:lol:

Be well...

ralph1950

« Reply #1019 on: 15 Jan 2012, 04:20 pm »
It has being a very busy last couple of months, I even went for almost 2 weeks without turning on the beasties - I fully deserve and accept any up and coming derogatory comments with respect to this abomination I have committed from my fellow Audio Circle enthusiasts.

"Hangs head in utmost shame." :(  :oops:

I did not even purchase any CDs during this time period but I made up for this last Wednesday and Thursday by purchasing a dozen or so CDs from a brick and mortar store, trust me as this is quite a feat to accomplish because of the music that I enjoy listening to.

A few photographs of my new up and coming "studio" that is slowly taking shape in half of my garage.  Some may call it a workshop, but somehow that simply does not "fit in" for me. I am very fortunate that the Van Norman milling machine has both horizontal and vertical milling capabilities so this is definitely a space saver in a relatively small, industrial machine. The Monarch 10EE lathe should be able to handle most of my turning operations. The studio is going to be very small at 8'X15', I most likely will have it completed when Lady Laundrew and I find a new home.  :duh:

I have also got hanging 4'X8' sheets of plywood by myself down to a highly refined art.

Be well...

Thats a nice Mill.