Interconnects?

jrg4785

Interconnects?
« on: 27 May 2010, 09:06 pm »
Hi all,

I'm searching for interconnects and would love any suggestions you can provide.  My system will be Macbook-->Peachtree Nova (DAC/Preamp)--->Cherry Jr. Amp--->SS 10's.  I have Mapleshade speaker cables.  Getting very close (hopefully) now to SS10 delivery.... 

Jim

Will2

Re: Interconnects?
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2010, 09:13 pm »
While they aren't inexpensive I've been suprised at how much of a difference the KCI (Kool Cables Inc) Silkworms made by John Prator made.  He is also a great person to deal with, which I've found is worth a lot when you are dealing with direct-to-customer products in this industry.  I'm a relative novice at this game so don't put too much weight on my word, but I believe they have quite a following amongst those more knowledgeable than I.

Good luck on your search!!

Will

newzooreview

« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2010, 09:24 pm »
I use anti-cables all around (speakers and interconnects). http://www.anticables.com/

They simply have no sound of their own and get out of the way of the music. No downsides and better than anything else I've tried. Very reasonable cost (just labor and materials, no b.s.).

evan1

« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2010, 09:34 pm »
Great cables right here

http://www.groverhuffman.com/home

Nuance

« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2010, 11:02 pm »

Audioclyde

« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2010, 11:07 pm »
I'll also chime in that I've found John's KCI Silkworm + interconnects to be the best in my system.  For reference I've tried quite a few other big name cables, such as Cardas Golden Cross, Purist Audio Design, and others.  Still have and use a pair of Cardas Golden Presence which I also like a lot, but my preference for my 'best' source is the KCI Silkworm+!

Randy

revrob

« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2010, 11:57 pm »
I used Blue Jean Cables after using some very expensive cables and could not tell the difference, IMHO. Very well made and highly recommended.

mchuckp

« Reply #7 on: 28 May 2010, 12:59 am »
I'll also chime in that I've found John's KCI Silkworm + interconnects to be the best in my system.  For reference I've tried quite a few other big name cables, such as Cardas Golden Cross, Purist Audio Design, and others.  Still have and use a pair of Cardas Golden Presence which I also like a lot, but my preference for my 'best' source is the KCI Silkworm+!

Randy

Just looked them up.  WOW, spendy.  I wish I knew someone who had a whole closet full of interconnects from all price ranges to try.

HoosierInOhio

« Reply #8 on: 28 May 2010, 01:15 am »
www.signalcable.com

Frank makes good stuff, and its priced nice. 

jrg4785

« Reply #9 on: 28 May 2010, 01:23 am »
thanks, all.  Very helpful and interesting reading.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: 28 May 2010, 01:26 am »
I use www.silversonic.com cables. 

There are so many great cables that are reasonable on the market.  It's just a matter of YOUR taste.  Nothing else IMO.  Any claim of being the best is complete nonsense.  It's about your system and your ears. 

K Shep

« Reply #11 on: 28 May 2010, 02:07 am »
Any claim of being the best is complete nonsense.

Becareful, someone may read into that statement and tell the AC police.

Nuance

« Reply #12 on: 28 May 2010, 03:14 am »

LOL! :lol:

mchuckp

« Reply #13 on: 28 May 2010, 05:25 am »
www.signalcable.com

Frank makes good stuff, and its priced nice.

I've been on the verge the last few days of trying out his speaker cables.  Talked to him on the phone a few days ago.  Seems like a pretty cool, stand up guy.

groovybassist

« Reply #14 on: 28 May 2010, 05:52 am »
I'm digging Audio Art cables right now.  Not the cheapest on the market, but certainly not the most expensive.  I'm using the SE interconnects, speaker and power - nothing jumps out besides the music.  A nice change to not feel like picking apart the sound of the cables, but just relax into the music.

P.S.  I'm using these with a Naim front-end, Wyred4Sound integrated and Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 speakers - just for frame of reference.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #15 on: 28 May 2010, 12:05 pm »

Not much to read into.  It's true!  IMO there's no such thing as the "best".  What works for me may not work for you...

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #16 on: 28 May 2010, 01:54 pm »
Here's the source for all interconnects and wire used to develop and test all MurphyBlaster crossovers:

http://www.radioshack.com

At bit upscale, but the local outlet is very convenient to the Wehawken Rd studios. 

randybessinger

« Reply #17 on: 28 May 2010, 06:17 pm »
Here's the source for all interconnects and wire used to develop and test all MurphyBlaster crossovers:

http://www.radioshack.com

At bit upscale, but the local outlet is very convenient to the Wehawken Rd studios.

Dennis, is of course, just kidding.  He has in a separate secret room in his house that has a rather large cauldron where he dons his Merlin hat and takes the Radio Shack cables etc., dips them, says some secret incantations and presto chango, the purest most sonically transparent wires and interconnects appear.  And they say he is not a scientist. :D

Big Red Machine

« Reply #18 on: 28 May 2010, 06:21 pm »
You forgot the "mad" scientist part. :wink:

Toka

« Reply #19 on: 28 May 2010, 08:04 pm »
I used Blue Jean Cables after using some very expensive cables and could not tell the difference, IMHO. Very well made and highly recommended.

I will second that!  :thumb: