http://www.thecablepro.com/

Audio Metallurgy also makes nice cables and gives great service:

http://www.audiometallurgy.com/

Blue Jeans is also first rate.

Avoid retail and name brands, as the markups are absurd

ctouhey

Re: Interconnects?
« Reply #21 on: 28 May 2010, 08:33 pm »
I used Blue Jean Cables after using some very expensive cables and could not tell the difference, IMHO. Very well made and highly recommended.

I, too, have used expensive cables and now use Blue Jean as well.  I also have some balanced cables from Guitar Center.  Systems sounds amazing, according to my ears and those who have heard it.

Chris

TJHUB

« Reply #22 on: 28 May 2010, 09:22 pm »
After running Blue Jeans for everything, I've now switched to AudioQuest.  When I first installed the BJC LC-1's, I noticed a slight treble roll off.  I quickly got used to the sound, and I didn't think about it again. 

After 6 months, I changed a lot of my gear and used the LC-1's to connect my DAC to my preamp and my preamp to my amps.  I've been trying new speaker speaker cables and sharing experiences with a friend.  Since we have the same speakers, we thought we could share thoughts a bit more if our interconnects were the same.  So this friend purchased a pair of LC-1's.

He installed the LC-1's and did not like them.  I remembered that I thought they slightly rolled off the treble, and I decided to try my friend's IC's.  So I purchased a pair of AudioQuest Diamondbacks. 

As soon as I installed them, I could hear a more open treble and additional overall clarity.  I can't say this is a night and day change, but it was significant.  I switched back and heard the sound go right back to what I remembered.  I switched back to the Diamondbacks and I've not gone back.  They are not that much more expensive and I certainly think they sound more transparent and have a very balanced sound.  I just think they are an all around better IC than the LC-1's.  They are certainly worth the difference in price.

I still use LC-1's for all IC's other than between my DAC-preamp-amps.  I won't use them again for anything in my music signal path.  They are nicely made, cheap, and come in custom lengths, but they certainly don't sound the best in my setup.

And as always...YMMV. :wink:

Nuance

« Reply #23 on: 28 May 2010, 11:18 pm »
^ Just goes to show you how subjective this hobby is.  As always, its best to try different brands in our own systems, then keep what we like best.  Soon I'll be trying out a pair of Diamondbacks in my own system.  I can't wait!  But the cool thing is, if I don't like them I know you won't get upset or tell me my hearing sucks or my system isn't up to snuff.  I can't stand the egomaniacs who do that crap.  Unfortunately a lot of those people reside on these forums. 

revrob

« Reply #24 on: 2 Jun 2010, 06:00 pm »
I had a pair of very expensive ICs and switch to the Blue Jean Cable interconnects and heard absolutely no change, nada and my system is very revealing. I heard a difference in sound when I changed speakers, cd players and preamp. I have since changed most of my wiring to Blue Jean cables. I guess everyone has a preference. It is all about personal choices.

Peace