For Sale: Piano Black Unifield 3 MK1

JGlacken

For Sale: Piano Black Unifield 3 MK1
« on: 10 Apr 2013, 01:10 pm »
Purchased new in April, 2011 from Manny at Sounds of Excellence.  Mint condition.  $5,495.00 or best offer. Powered by Genesis M60 tube monos in smoke free and kid free home.  I have original boxes and packing material.  Stands included.  Please don't ask why I am selling them, it does not matter!

Jeff

Delacroix

Re: For Sale: Piano Black Unifield 3 MK1
« Reply #1 on: 10 Apr 2013, 01:20 pm »
Hi Jeff

While it's probably sensible to let other VSA admirers know about your speakers, you'll likely get more eyes on your listing if you add it to the Trading Circle here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=104.0

Best

Patrick

scb

« Reply #2 on: 10 Apr 2013, 01:20 pm »
those of us who own the unifield 3 might be curious why you're selling them :)

JGlacken

« Reply #3 on: 10 Apr 2013, 04:42 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion, done!

JGlacken

« Reply #4 on: 10 Apr 2013, 07:00 pm »
SCB, perhaps you don't read so well, I asked everyone not to ask!

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #5 on: 10 Apr 2013, 08:30 pm »

Ouch!  :roll:

jackman

« Reply #6 on: 10 Apr 2013, 08:43 pm »

You sound like the type of guy I'd like to do business with!  I wouldn't buy something from you for any money.  Good luck with the sale.

JGlacken

« Reply #7 on: 10 Apr 2013, 09:02 pm »
Well, OK!  I asked you to leave it alone, but oh no, you had to ask so here it is!

AVS personally told me that these speakers would be fine for my room, well they are not.  Not nearly enough bass response.  Not nearly enough to load the room.  I have been told, even by another AVS dealer, that the sale should never have been made.  And I quote, "sometimes AVS just wants to make the sale".  I should have been advised to go the Vr 4 route that I was contemplating in the first place.  Well, I have lived with the mistake for two years now and have become more and more unhappy with the lack of a full bodied sound.  The room detail was shared with Albert from the get go and almost an hour was spent on the phone with him.
Hey Jackman, I have 100% feedback on all sites.  You don't have to like the truth but here it is.

jackman

« Reply #8 on: 10 Apr 2013, 09:22 pm »
I wasn't questioning your honesty, just your attitude.  Good luck with the sale. 

blownrx7

« Reply #9 on: 10 Apr 2013, 11:30 pm »
Well, OK!  I asked you to leave it alone, but oh no, you had to ask so here it is!

AVS personally told me that these speakers would be fine for my room, well they are not.  Not nearly enough bass response.  Not nearly enough to load the room.  I have been told, even by another AVS dealer, that the sale should never have been made.  And I quote, "sometimes AVS just wants to make the sale".  I should have been advised to go the Vr 4 route that I was contemplating in the first place.  Well, I have lived with the mistake for two years now and have become more and more unhappy with the lack of a full bodied sound.  The room detail was shared with Albert from the get go and almost an hour was spent on the phone with him.
Hey Jackman, I have 100% feedback on all sites.  You don't have to like the truth but here it is.

JGlacken,
Why would you not want to share this info? The speakers aren't necessarily "bad" but definitely bad for your application.
 I (and I think many others) would like to know specifics about your room and your musical taste and sound preferences and what you used to drive the speakers so we can learn from your experience and wisdom.
I think that being up front about the speakers will help you sell them.   After all, you do want the person you sell them to to be satisfied, right? Personally, I read the negative in reviews just as much as the positive to determine if I may or may not have the same experience.
One man's trash is another man's gold.
GLWTS

JGlacken

« Reply #10 on: 10 Apr 2013, 11:44 pm »
As you said, "one man's trash..."

Same goes for one man's ears.  Everybody's experience may differ.  What does not sound so cohesive, coherent etc. to me, may sound fab to another.  IE.  when I was looking for amps, Gavin recommended MC 501s which I actually was able to get demoed in my room.  They were very good, but not my cup of tea.
I truly wanted to take the high road and not call out Albert on this site, but you guys would not respect my request and I got very cranky and let him have it.  Please keep in mind it was my $15K on the line, not yours. BTW, Albert makes wonderful speakers, but I will not be buying another pair due to this last debacle.

Delacroix

« Reply #11 on: 11 Apr 2013, 02:37 am »
OK, you did say 'don't ask' but now we're on it and accusations are being made, can you indicate what is particular about your room or listening environment that would make the sale of a pair of Unifield 3s so inappropriate? I am thinking that you bought form an authorized  VSA dealer, you had a conversation with the designer (rare enough in my experience that some might consider it a benefit) but it is somehow the case that Albert knowingly sold you the wrong speaker, just to make a sale? Forgive me, but this does not square with my experience of the company or the man (no matter what this nameless other dealer who told you so might suggest) so it seems there must be something about your space or your equipment that should have indicated to Albert (and, surely,  the authorized dealer?) that the match was just not right. Might be of value for other purchasers to know what this is?

JGlacken

« Reply #12 on: 11 Apr 2013, 02:42 am »
No, I am going to end it here.

srb

« Reply #13 on: 11 Apr 2013, 05:22 am »
All you really needed to say in the original post was "I am selling because they are not an ideal match for my large room, and although truly excellent speakers, are ideally suited to smaller rooms" (Just as the Unifield Three product information states on the Von Schweikert Audio website).

There certainly wasn't any need for a side excursion through the mud.

Steve

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?

JackD201

« Reply #15 on: 11 Apr 2013, 01:29 pm »
Hey guys take it easy on Jeff. He was very happy before but we all know that everybody's tastes change over time. It just happens.

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #16 on: 11 Apr 2013, 01:37 pm »
I know someone who had just the opposite problem with speakers too large for his space.  It happens.

scb

« Reply #17 on: 11 Apr 2013, 04:51 pm »

You said "don't ask, it doesn't matter."  I was simply pointing out why some people might think it does matter.  That's all

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #18 on: 11 Apr 2013, 06:07 pm »

Albert Von Schweikert

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #19 on: 11 Apr 2013, 06:33 pm »
I'm quite amazed that Mr. JGlackem has waited two years to air out his misgivings?  Yes, it is quite true that I told him that many of our customers, including the reviewer Gary Lea of Dagogo and now Positive Feedback, had rooms larger than Mr. Glackens and non of these customers have ever had a lack of bass power that could not be cured by altering the stuffing density or experimenting with room placement.

I also told Mr. Glacken that we offered a 90-day trial for the speakers, and in the event that they did not load the room to his satisfaction, he could expect a cheerful refund.  I'm not exactly sure what is going on at this point; he has owned the speakers for two years and never called us once to determine if more bass could be obtained from the Uni 3's (it can, and easily).

He is quite wrong in asserting that I was attempting to make a sale using false promises, that is patently absurd when the true facts are examined. Since we offer a free 90-day in home trial, what would anyone gain?  Nothing. 

I truly hope that he finds the perfect speaker for his room, as all I want is for everyone to be happy with their systems.  Isn't that what sharing music is all about?

A.V.S.