I write Stereophile. Any comments?

EMM801

Re: I write Stereophile. Any comments?
« Reply #40 on: 22 Sep 2006, 06:01 pm »
Stereophile "didn't know" that AVA actually BUILDS electronics? They've been doing this for 15 or so years. I know from reading their mag in the past that at least some of their writers read their competitor The Absolute Sound. AVA equipment has been reviewed there. Guess they missed it.
Guess Atkinson must not have gotten very close to the system, b/c AVA does put their insignia on their work.

Better start tooling some inch-thick sandblasted gold anodized faceplates, Frank.

rajacat

• Washington State

nathanm

Well now that sure is off topic...
« Reply #42 on: 22 Sep 2006, 06:12 pm »
Jerry, Rajacat: I'll take the album covers, but not necessarily the music!  Besides, I just got my audiophile music fix - I got Ray Kimber's IsoMike SACDs. (thanks no doubt to some AC-sourced links to the Stereophile website) Erm...I bet you could play these through Van Alstine equipment!  (see how I turned that around?)

Papajin

Re: I wrote Stereophile. Any comments?
« Reply #43 on: 22 Sep 2006, 06:17 pm »
And while I'm on a spelling rant, this thread should be called "I WROTE Stereophile..."

Are you sure that's not a grammatical correction?

nathanm

Re: I [will] write Stereophile. Any comments?
« Reply #44 on: 22 Sep 2006, 06:33 pm »
Yes, because it's a typo not grammatical ignorance.  It's unlikely that he would say "I write Stereophile" but far more likely that he would type "I write Stereophile" because the I and O are right next to each other on the keyboard.  For instance if it was: "Should I wrote Stereophile?" I would believe that was also a typo.  In both cases the intended grammar is correct.

warnerwh

« Reply #45 on: 23 Sep 2006, 06:31 am »
I wish there were more people with good grammar on the internet. It drives me nuts.

Thanks for the info on the new Diana Krall cd Mr. Audiojerry!

rlee8394

« Reply #46 on: 2 Oct 2006, 01:30 pm »
Earlier this month JA responded to a thread regarding reviewing AVA equiptment.
http://forum.stereophile.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=138&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

Actually, the post is dated September 2005! Over a year ago!