Joke of the Day

Bob2, BobM and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. Read 686324 times.

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
Re: Joke of the Day
« Reply #1900 on: 15 Mar 2017, 04:07 pm »
Having epilepsy is not a disability, it's a treatable medical condition. It runs in my wife's family and no one has ever been offended by jokes and the like. My brother-in-law , like Neil Young, is nicknamed Shakey !!!!

True, there are different types of epilepsy with different degrees of severity. For some, epilepsy is controlled by medications. For others though, uncontrolled seizures wreak havoc on all aspects of life, including the ability to work and earn a living. People suffering  from uncontrolled seizures, may be able to qualify for disability benefits from the Social Security Administration.

Yes, I have a family member with severe epilepsy. We would never find a 'joke' about someone having 'fits' as anything but cruel. Sorry.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #1901 on: 16 Mar 2017, 01:23 am »
Life is all about perspective. The sinking of the Titanic was a miracle to the lobsters in the ship's kitchen.  :thumb:

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #1902 on: 16 Mar 2017, 01:56 am »
This is getting seriously un-funny.

mikeeastman

« Reply #1903 on: 16 Mar 2017, 01:57 am »
JerryM    That's great  :thumb:

jhm731

« Reply #1904 on: 16 Mar 2017, 02:00 am »
The lawyer said to the wealthy art collector tycoon: “I have some good news and, I have some bad news…”

The tycoon replies: “I’ve had an awful day, let’s hear the good news first?

The lawyer says: “Well your wife invested $5,000 in two pictures this week that she figures are worth a minimum of $20 to $30 million.”

The tycoon replies enthusiastically: “Well done…my wife is so smart!

You’ve just made my day; now what’s the bad news?”

The lawyer answers: “The pictures are of you with your secretary.

JoshK

« Reply #1905 on: 16 Mar 2017, 01:29 pm »

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
« Reply #1906 on: 16 Mar 2017, 01:43 pm »

JoshK

« Reply #1907 on: 16 Mar 2017, 02:16 pm »
You're welcome!

Bob2

« Reply #1908 on: 17 Mar 2017, 12:10 am »
A man walks into a rooftop bar and takes a seat next to another guy. “What are you drinking?” he asks the guy.

“Magic beer,” he says.

“Oh, yeah? What’s so magical about it?”

Then he shows him: He swigs some beer, dives off the roof, flies around the building, then finally returns to his seat with a triumphant smile.

“Amazing!” the man says. “Lemme try some of that!” The man grabs the beer. He downs it, leaps off the roof —and plummets 15 stories to the ground.

The bartender shakes his head. “You know, you’re a real jerk when you’re drunk, Superman.”

courtesy of an article on msn..  :o ymmv

gregcss

« Reply #1909 on: 17 Mar 2017, 12:15 am »
That was a bit disturbing..... :o :green:
More or less disturbing than JoshK's avatar  :scratch: :lol:

And so it's not lost to time:

Bob2

« Reply #1910 on: 17 Mar 2017, 12:52 am »
"More or less disturbing than JoshK's avatar  :scratch: :lol:"

Thanks for that.. I try not to make eye contact with Josh's avatar... creeps me out. Sorry JoshK! :?

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #1911 on: 17 Mar 2017, 01:19 am »
I try not to make eye contact with Josh's avatar... creeps me out. Sorry JoshK! :?
THIS.  :o

JakeJ

« Reply #1912 on: 17 Mar 2017, 01:30 am »
A man walks into a rooftop bar and takes a seat next to another guy. “What are you drinking?” he asks the guy.

“Magic beer,” he says.

“Oh, yeah? What’s so magical about it?”

Then he shows him: He swigs some beer, dives off the roof, flies around the building, then finally returns to his seat with a triumphant smile.

“Amazing!” the man says. “Lemme try some of that!” The man grabs the beer. He downs it, leaps off the roof —and plummets 15 stories to the ground.

The bartender shakes his head. “You know, you’re a real jerk when you’re drunk, Superman.”

courtesy of an article on msn..  :o ymmv

Your splat will vary.  :rotflmao:

Bob2

« Reply #1913 on: 17 Mar 2017, 01:33 am »
THIS.  :o
Thank you sir! I'll will defer to your judgment... Just this once! JoshK rocks though!

Bob2

« Reply #1914 on: 17 Mar 2017, 01:35 am »
"Your splat will vary.  :rotflmao:"
Nicely stated JakeJ!!!! :thumb:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #1915 on: 17 Mar 2017, 01:37 am »
Thank you sir! I'll will defer to your judgment... Just this once! JoshK rocks though!
Oh yea, no doubt. Josh is cool, but his "face" taunts me.    :lol:

Bob2

« Reply #1916 on: 17 Mar 2017, 01:45 am »
"but his "face" taunts me"

Scares the crap out of me!!!!!!
Yikes! Screaming like a school girl!

no offense to all those school girls!

JakeJ

« Reply #1917 on: 17 Mar 2017, 02:49 am »
First time I saw JoshK's new avatar I laughed my butt off!  <sigh> But it grew right back, dammit.

jhm731

« Reply #1918 on: 17 Mar 2017, 04:07 am »

Don_S

« Reply #1919 on: 19 Mar 2017, 02:00 am »
Can we please enjoy this without getting political?  :P  :lol:

American Medical Association has weighed in on Trump's healthcare package:

The Allergists were in favor of scratching it, but the Dermatologists advised not to make any rash moves. The Gastroenterologists had sort of a gut feeling about it, but the Neurologists thought the Administration had a lot of nerve.Meanwhile, Obstetricians felt certain everyone was laboring under a misconception, while the Ophthalmologists considered the idea shortsighted. Pathologists yelled, "Over my dead body!" while the Pediatricians said, "Oh, grow up!" The Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness, while the Radiologists could see right through it. Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing and the Internists claimed it would indeed be a bitter pill to swallow. The Plastic Surgeons opined that this proposal would "put a whole new face on the matter." The Podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but the Urologists were pissed off at the whole idea. Anesthesiologists thought the whole idea was a gas, and those lofty Cardiologists didn't have the heart to say no. In the end, the Proctologists won out, leaving the entire decision up to the assholes in Washington.