I made a change to the MiniBUSS...

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
I made a change to the MiniBUSS...
« on: 2 Apr 2012, 12:05 am »
I have increased the height of the unit by .5" and it now has the bottom filled with the same RFI absorbing goo as the MacSandwich.  This goo is essentially semiconducting and conducting powders that are a noise sink for RF riding on power lines.  Price remains the same at $249.00 for a three receptacle (six outlet) box with cryogenically treated Pass & Seymour 5362 Spec Grade receptacles, RFI filters and a cryoed Bulgin IEC inlet.  Upgrades are as per the BUSSLine pricing with P&S Extra Heavy Duty (think Maestro) and Furutech receptacles.  There is not a better value on the market for a high quality, audio grade extension box.

Edit: For clarification - the Maestro receptacle is NOT a Pass & Seymour.  The Maestro is a Cooper Wiring devices unit.  The P&S EHD unit has 10/32 binding screws instead of 8/32.  As you can see in the pictures, the P&S is primarily of brass construction.  The only steel is the assembly pins which are easily replaced with SS or brass.  In the pictures, the P&S is on the right.  As you can see it is considerably beefier.  It is built with high copper content brass triple wipe contacts.

Dave
« Last Edit: 2 Apr 2012, 05:22 pm by dBe »

roscoeiii

Re: I made a change to the MiniBUSS...
« Reply #1 on: 9 May 2012, 05:00 pm »
Dave,

There's not a lot out there about the MiniBuss and I think that many people may not be aware that you have a product at this price point. Can you give us a bit more of a description and an idea of what you would recommend it for? And maybe an idea of what a user might get at each step up in your line?

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #2 on: 9 May 2012, 05:24 pm »
Roscoeii's got a good point.  What exactly is the MiniBuss?  I had no idea that you had something at the $249 level.

Scott

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 9 May 2012, 05:25 pm »
Roscoeii's got a good point.  What exactly is the MiniBuss?  I had no idea that you had something at the $249 level.

Scott
Me either.   :scratch:

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #4 on: 9 May 2012, 05:29 pm »
He describes his products, including the MiniBuss here:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=102422.0

Still, pictures would be nice, but I think Dave just has a lot stacked and he needs some time. He built my Uberbuss very quickly however, I was shocked!

Best,
Anand.

roscoeiii

« Reply #5 on: 9 May 2012, 05:38 pm »

Yeah, but it is a fairly barebones description not likely to help someone without much experience with power conditioning (and those people are more likely to be drawn to the RevB and Uber I would guess).

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #6 on: 9 May 2012, 06:31 pm »
Yeah, but it is a fairly barebones description not likely to help someone without much experience with power conditioning (and those people are more likely to be drawn to the RevB and Uber I would guess).
Point well taken, Roscoe.

I got tired of looking at all of the crappy multiple plugstrips out there and decided to build ones that are great performers.  I especially detest the "heavy duty" ones with surge protection that all of the BigBox stores carry.

The MiniBUSS is a triple receptacle multibox with 3 P&S 5362 Spec Grade receptacles and a 15A IEC standard.

Here's a picture:

The IEC shown is a Bulgin, the production standard is the Furutech 15A Gold Inlet.  All of the standard options apply to the MiniBUSS as far as receptacles and power inlets go.  A 20A Bulgin IEC inlet is a no-charge option as is the Neutrik PowerCon 30A inlet.  I'm very seriously considering making the PowerCon a standard for my products.  They just make way too much sense.  (Pete... we need to talk).

Filtration is capacitive RFI filtering with a -3dB point of ~30KHz.  There are no inductors to screw with dynamics.  The box is lined with StillPoints ERS paper and the bottom of the unit is filled with the EMI/RFI Goo that I use in the MacSandwich to help with grunge at a distribution point.

Pretty much there it is.  As with all of my products, specifications are liable to change when I find a better way to do what I do.

How's that?   8)

Dave 
« Last Edit: 9 May 2012, 10:03 pm by dBe »

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #7 on: 9 May 2012, 06:33 pm »

Still, pictures would be nice, but I think Dave just has a lot stacked and he needs some time. He built my Uberbuss very quickly however, I was shocked!

Best,
Anand.
How is it working for you?  Are the things in the fridge good and cold?   :lol:

Dave

TomS

« Reply #8 on: 9 May 2012, 06:34 pm »

Dave
And how do the tomatoes and onions sound?

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: 9 May 2012, 06:35 pm »
How's that?   8)

Dave
Does it have any UberBussness in it other then the "goo" and ERS paper? 

Scottdazzle

« Reply #10 on: 9 May 2012, 07:52 pm »
Point well taken, Roscoe.

I got tired of looking at all of the crappy multiple plugstrips out there and decided to build ones that are great performers.  I especially detest the "heavy duty" ones with surge protection that all of the BigBox stores carry.

The MiniBUSS is a triple receptacle multibox with 3 P&S 5362 Spec Grade receptacles and a 15A IEC standard.

Here's a picture:

The IEC shown is a Bulgin, the production standard is the Furutech 15A Gold Inlet.  All of the standard options apply to the MiniBUSS as far as receptacles and power inlets go.  A 20A Bulin IEC inlet is a no-charge option as is the Neutrik PowerCon 30A inlet.  I'm very seriously considering making the PowerCon a standard for my products.  They just make way too much sense.  (Pete... we need to talk).

Filtration is capacitive RFI filtering with a -3dB point of ~30KHz.  There are no inductors to screw with dynamics.  The box is lined with StillPoints ERS paper and the bottom of the unit is filled with the EMI/RFI Goo that I use in the MacSandwich to help with grunge at a distribution point.

Pretty much there it is.  As with all of my products, specifications are liable to change when I find a better way to do what I do.

How's that?   8)

Dave

Dave,

I count 6 receptacles.  How much for a 20a version like the one in the picture?

Scott

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #11 on: 9 May 2012, 08:25 pm »
Dave,

I count 6 receptacles.  How much for a 20a version like the one in the picture?

Scott
Scott, 3 receptacles = 6 outlets.  The receptacles are 20A P&S 5362.  With a Bulgin 20A IEC inlet cost is $279.00.

Pricing for everything is here:  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=102422.0

Dave

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #12 on: 9 May 2012, 08:30 pm »
Does it have any UberBussness in it other then the "goo" and ERS paper?
Uhm, not really.  The Uber and RevB are different from everything else on the market because of the EMI brick.  That and the PFC network.  This is a VHQ outlet extension that has a bit of filtering to help mitigate the digititis and SMPS noise that is running rampant on our power lines these days. 

Dave

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #13 on: 9 May 2012, 08:33 pm »

Dave

And how do the tomatoes and onions sound?

Hardy har gentlemen.

Actually, I have found that the eggs in the fridge don't 'crack' like they used to after a week in the buzzing fridge  :lol:

But seriously, I haven't listened to the Uber yet. The refrigerator and Pete's 7+ cables have been running for a few days. This weekend, we should know more.

Anand.

roscoeiii

« Reply #14 on: 9 May 2012, 09:37 pm »
Uhm, not really.  The Uber and RevB are different from everything else on the market because of the EMI brick.  That and the PFC network.  This is a VHQ outlet extension that has a bit of filtering to help mitigate the digititis and SMPS noise that is running rampant on our power lines these days. 

Dave

Thanks for that Dave. Clears things up nicely.

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #15 on: 9 May 2012, 09:59 pm »
Here's a picture:

A 20A Bulin IEC inlet is a no-charge option as is the Neutrik PowerCon 30A inlet.  I'm very seriously considering making the PowerCon a standard for my products.  They just make way too much sense.  (Pete... we need to talk).

Dave

Dave,
I love it!!! Is this the mating plug?...

I was thinking of developing something very similar but you beat me to it!!!

Very cool!
Pete

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #16 on: 9 May 2012, 10:16 pm »
Dave,
I love it!!! Is this the mating plug?...

I was thinking of developing something very similar but you beat me to it!!!

Very cool!
Pete
Yep, that is the one.

Neutrik has had connectors of all types figured out for a long time.  I have used their speakONs and powerCONs for years and love the positive connection that they make.  The best aspect is that they have a breaking capacity (the ability to hot swap) that most connectors don't really like.  I've never arced over a powerCON .

The other aspect is their inherent safety.  A person would have to be dedicated to bodily injury to hurt themselves compared to the exposed pins on an IEC connector.  I like 'em and now that I have someone else that is pretty much on the same page as I am with supporting product perhaps we can make this happen.  Might as well drag the other cable manufacturers into the 21st century if we can, eh?

Onward and upward...

Dave

TomS

« Reply #17 on: 9 May 2012, 11:28 pm »
Yes gents, please do the PowerCons  :thumb:

Now, how do I put one of those on my Uber, existing square hole, round peg  :scratch:

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #18 on: 10 May 2012, 01:52 am »
Yes gents, please do the PowerCons  :thumb:

Now, how do I put one of those on my Uber, existing square hole, round peg  :scratch:
Well, you would send it to me and I would retrofit it.  I could do your PC at the same time or so can Pete, I'm sure.

Details, we just need to work out the details.

More, later.

Dave

Scottdazzle

« Reply #19 on: 18 May 2012, 07:24 pm »
Scott, 3 receptacles = 6 outlets.  The receptacles are 20A P&S 5362.  With a Bulgin 20A IEC inlet cost is $279.00.

Pricing for everything is here:  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=102422.0

Dave

Dave,

I'm back with another question. If I plug all of my components, including the power amp, into it, will there be any interaction?  For example, if the power amp draws a lot of power for a musical peak, does that impact the power to the other components?  Thanks.

Scott