• The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Bryston Loudspeakers
« Reply #2880 on: 13 Jan 2024, 06:37 pm »

Testsystems

« Reply #2881 on: 14 Jan 2024, 12:32 am »
Hi James,

Is there the opportunity to listen to the Active T10 Trim or Line speakers in southern Ontario?  Any stocking dealers?

Tx Drew

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2882 on: 14 Jan 2024, 01:03 pm »
Hi James,

Is there the opportunity to listen to the Active T10 Trim or Line speakers in southern Ontario?  Any stocking dealers?

Tx Drew

Hi Drew - What's a stocking dealer ?  :lol:

james

Testsystems

« Reply #2883 on: 14 Jan 2024, 01:28 pm »
Sorry. The term means the dealer has inventory.  Ie I am looking for the opportunity of a demo. 

Blueshound

« Reply #2884 on: 14 Jan 2024, 02:09 pm »
Authorized dealers will typically have demo (floor) stock of specific models. Probably no dealer will have demo of everything, the lineup is broad for that.

The simplest thing might be to call dealers within any areas that you can travel to, and ask what they intend to display. Also, if you travel to locations other than your home area, that may broaden your opportunities.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2885 on: 14 Jan 2024, 02:19 pm »
Hi Drew

Mark Jones is planning on ordering a demo pair for the store.

james

Randyhandy

« Reply #2886 on: 22 Jan 2024, 05:42 pm »
Can anybody point me to where I could find MSRPs for the T10 lineup of loudspeakers. In particular, actives. Can't seem to find anything online.

Tx,
RH

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2887 on: 22 Jan 2024, 08:10 pm »
Hi RH - email me please - jamestanner@bryston.com

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2888 on: 1 Feb 2024, 02:46 pm »
Hi James,

We have done some demos in our studio for some people interested in hearing the Bryston Model T-10s and the response was strong!

They were astonished at how much the T-10s fill the room and how big the sound is. A comment we heard is “The sound stage is so big, it is like you are “inside” the music, with the band”. 
And another listener texted us when he got home, and said he was disappointed listening to his present speakers now!

I guess we could say “Once you go Bryston…you can’t go back”

It is really a daily pleasure to listen to the system. Our goal is to be able to do the BAX on them so we can go fully Active!

Mike

audiojanitor

« Reply #2889 on: 2 Feb 2024, 06:08 pm »
Hello James,

I just purchased a pair of used Mini T speakers and it looks like they were manufactured in 2016, they have the new tweeter. Have there been any new improvements of this model since then? They sound fantastic, will probably buy some new amps. I have a pair of Axiom EP 500 and was wondering what the differences are in amplifier design compared to a Bryston active sub? Is Bryston collaborating in amplifier design with Axioms class D amps?
Always been a big fan of Bryston, owned and used many throughout my career in studio and sound reinforcement.

Thanks,

Randy

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2890 on: 2 Feb 2024, 07:43 pm »
Hi Randy - no changes other than the Tweets - so you are up to date.
Th Bryston Active Subs are identical to Axioms version.
Class D is something we are looking at.  We have offered a few Class D products in the past but have used OEM modules from other manufactures.
We are currently playing around with some designs that are proprietary to us.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2891 on: 7 Feb 2024, 11:35 am »
Tower BASS

Hi Folks – sneak peak at a new Bass Tower.
These towers will be available to match the new T-10 speakers, the new Middle T-10 speakers and the new Slim T-10 speakers.

Sco77

« Reply #2892 on: 7 Feb 2024, 01:45 pm »
So THAT'S why I felt a disturbance in the Force this morning!

Randyhandy

« Reply #2893 on: 17 Feb 2024, 05:31 pm »
So, here's a dumb question: How would these bass towers be placed? Beside L or R? Middle? Behind you?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2894 on: 17 Feb 2024, 06:34 pm »
Hi Randy

Because bass frequencies below 150 are omni-directional there is a lot of flexibility.
But I think aesthetically to the inside or outside of the main speakers within a couple of feet.

james 

Blueshound

« Reply #2895 on: 17 Feb 2024, 09:47 pm »
I have some prior experience with this type of speaker configuration, where the enclosures containing the mids and highs were in one pair of cabinets, and the woofers were in another pair of cabinets. All were tall line driver configurations, and essentially produced sound from just above the floor to some moderate distance from the ceiling (from memory, ceiling height was at least 9'). This system was located in a fairly large, but certainly not cavernous, room. This room featured a shallow bay window in the wall behind the speakers, and single entry / exit doors on both side walls, but at the very rear of the room. The listening sofa was approximately 3.5' - 4 ' from the rear wall.

In that room the speaker system in question certainly loomed large, but nonetheless gave excellent results. There were definitely constraints on placement for any of the speaker cabinets.

The woofer towers wound up roughly 2' behind the mid-highs enclosures, and shifted roughly 2' closer to the side walls.

This is the type of placement I'd try first, if your room allows it. There are good arguments for placing the woofer towers asymmetrically, but my slightly OCD side likes the symmetry. I'd first prioritize the distance between the mid-highs enclosures for best response in the room, and also for soundstaging, then work on final position of the bass towers.

The size / volume of the room, distance of the prime listening seat to the mid-high towers, and how much space is then available to the sides and rear walls, will be a factor in positioning of the woofers. It's possible that no two rooms, or differing listener preferences, will arrive at the same placements.

This is a round-about way of saying what James said above more succinctly. Can you tell I've been giving this some thought since the Bass Towers were announced?   :popcorn:
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2024, 11:13 pm by Blueshound »

Blueshound

« Reply #2896 on: 20 Feb 2024, 02:50 pm »
Having received my T-10s over a week ago, I'm only now getting some time to listen. They are being used with the BAX-1, a pair of 7B3s for the woofers, and a pair of 4B3s for the mids and tweeters.

Yesterday I was able to run the first room measurements to see how the low frequencies in the room looked, and with an eye to whether any EQ adjustments in the low frequencies may be justified. The woofer placements, spread between top and bottom, do really seem to make for smoother response.

Switching to actually listening to some music  . . . wow! What is immediately obvious is dynamic impact, a new level of transparency in vocals and midrange instruments, and a large and defined soundstage (some recordings obviously better than others).

I'm excited to finish the tweaking (really just small changes in position and angle) and do much more listening. Much respect to James & Ian for what they've achieved.

Brian

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2897 on: 20 Feb 2024, 03:24 pm »
Thanks Brian for the kind comments.

I really think this new driver configuration translates to a much smoother room response and a total disappearing act.

Send me a pic of your setup.  What finish did you choose?

best
james

Blueshound

« Reply #2898 on: 20 Feb 2024, 04:24 pm »
Finish is black. The room does double duty as listening room and theater; I like the look of the finish of the speakers in your room, but I don't want light off the screen to reflect off a lighter finish on the speakers. In a different room I'd probably pick a different finish.

I'll send a pic, but it might be a while. It will be the speakers / screen wall; the head-end gear is in a wall unit on the rear wall, functional but not visually interesting.

I'm still working toward the "total disappearing act", but I'm close and I can hear the potential. I think this is largely about fine-tuning speakers placement and angle. Because of the theater-style seating in the room, I'm also a bit limited in terms of seating distance from the speakers, which then plays into the distance between the speakers relative to that seating distance.

Brian

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2899 on: 20 Feb 2024, 04:31 pm »
OK thanks for the feedback - much appreciated.

james